Why do people shit on the London 2012 Olympics when it was by far the best games in modern history?

Why do people shit on the London 2012 Olympics when it was by far the best games in modern history?

They don't? Rio 2016, now that was a shit show. Green pools empty stadiums that Lochte shit. So much nonsense. Glad I saw Beijing 2008 though, that was a fantastic Olympics give them back to China.

dunno, it was quite forgettable tb h
rio was a complete shitshow but it was fun and people will remember it for a long time

Don't shit on Locke. Hues got what they deserved.

I was there and gringos were quite happy with the event.

also overall the Stadiums weren't empty.

Who shits on the London Olympics outside of sp?

Why are people implying the Rio Olympics were not good?

I bet you didn't went there. Brazilian cuisine is the best.

Rio doesn't deserve the crap it gets. I know it was problematic and many people in Brazil felt it was wrong to spend so much money hosting such a thing, but I enjoyed what you did.

>that 5 minute segment of the opening ceremony where Brazilians unironically tried to take credit for inventing airplanes

It's like when they pretend that the Americas are one continent

All olympics look the same through TV. Only the cerimonies differ, but they get boring quickly. what is the difference of bolt running in Beijing, London or Rio? If there is one, it is totally unrelated to the environment.

>All olympics look the same through TV.
All the best events take place outside the stadiums.

Then why isn't it called United States of North America?

All the brazilians were confuced and thought they were in a football game. That booing shit was plain retarded.

It was only relatively shit because it followed up Beijing so people expected more.

Eh I don't see it getting that much shit.

I was too young to remember 92 Barcelona

But from my own memories I recall 2000 Sydney and 2008 Beijing being fucking incredible. 2004 Athens and 2012 London being enjoyable, but not the seminal events if the other 2. If you want shit look at 96 Atlanta and 16 Rio, they were garbage tier, mistakes and hilarity everywhere. Good for the memes though.

2008 > 2012 = 2000 >>> 2004 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 2016

so far for the 21st century

>you now remember BOLT BAD
>turned out to be some jokester from Leeds

ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kG3pPxVhRIY

London was average/good. I'd say it was on par with Athens 2004 and Sidney.

Rio wasn't bad except that green water thing.

Beijing was the best in my memories.

Considering the opening ceremony I'd say

Beijing>Athens>Rio=London

rio had the best timezone
london was the comfiest
beijing had the best records

Its was average-good.
Atl 96 now that was a shitshow

>western
>still butthurt because Rio got Olympics
>frustated because no proper disasters at all

>very low attendance
>unsportsmanship from the crowd

>implying very low

>unsportmanship from the crowd
Frenchmen does the same in Roland Garros, Tour de France and Six Nations. At least Froome doesn't crybaby like Lavillenie

Are Oympic opening ceremonies the Superbowl halftime show of international sports? A pleb thing people watch who don't care about the actual purpose of the event, the sport?