ysw-tct.com/tct/default.asp?func=KIJI&kiji=20141229114253.asp
haloguitars.com/store/custom-guitars.html
mattsmusic.com/suhrgen/suhrgeneratorindex.html
strandbergguitars.com/configurator/
configurator.sandberg-guitars.de/
reverb.com/item/6734894-gibson-memphis-es-335-cherry-floor-model
youtu.be/Domu3Fzjr_U
youtube.com/watch?v=HaGFwI-SKI0
guitarcenter.com/Used/The-Heritage/2017-H535-Hollow-Body-Electric-Guitar.gc?
youtube.com/watch?v=GSfCFR0z2rc
ebay.com/itm/1970s-Lawsuit-Cortez-ES335-Electric-Guitar-Made-In-Japan-Ibanez-Made-Clean/183018529725?hash=item2a9cc123bd:g:pkAAAOSwNWxZ-wVx
ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Ibanez-2355M-Archtop-Jazz-Guitar-Lawsuit-ES-175-MIJ/162847411555?hash=item25ea764d63:g:iW8AAOSwLIhZiRTh
houston.craigslist.org/msg/d/usa-ernie-ball-music-man-sub/6374301151.html
clyp.it/zk2wmy5d?token=d6ff88164f05868771f4cd24133cdf70
vocaroo.com/i/s1E8PJTzG5h9
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Pearloid pick guards are the best

That's tortise, are you color blind?

i know literally zero theory, everything i know is from ultimate guitar from like middle and high school kek

That guitar track is simple and isolated enough for you to be able to fiddle around and figure it out without very much difficulty

What are some good pedals to achieve a loud lo-fi Sparklehorse / Car Seat Headrest sound?

alright i can play chords now how do i play tired blues licks like the dadrockers that demo every guitar on youtube?

This isn’t /hold my hand and teach me guitar general/

you're right it's guitar "general" which means this is a thread for everything related to guitar which would encompass questions about playing blues licks

>Gay & Lame
gross

Let's go faggots, do your worst.

Pick one and go;

ysw-tct.com/tct/default.asp?func=KIJI&kiji=20141229114253.asp

haloguitars.com/store/custom-guitars.html

mattsmusic.com/suhrgen/suhrgeneratorindex.html

strandbergguitars.com/configurator/

I've been playing with the Halo one for days

I thought this was roman general (/rg/)?

I tuners for my Epiphone studio that I was recommended off here. Bought them and they don't fit my guitar.

Is it worth it to drill a larger hole? Actually sounds kinda scary now that I typed it.

Google ‘intro to blues’ or YouTube ‘blues for beginners’.

Less overpriced 335-style guitars made in USA---

Do they exist?

>having this bad of taste
wew

the strandberg one is prety good too

School me on roller nuts.

Unnecessary

With trem? Some user always mentions lubrication. I'm thinking rollers are a viable alternative. Constant lubing versus a one-time replacement. Unless I'm missing something.

Tell the truth... English is hard, isn't it?

If your nut is cut correctly it won't bind.

Where is that from?

So let's assume that it's cut incorrectly. Now what? Lube it? Graphite? Roller? Brass?

Maybe you should ask yourself that? Or.... are... you... going to talk like a 13 year old in a text message. Please enlighten me why my English is bad, little girl.

Have it cut correctly, or put on a roller nut. It's your guitar.

Stop being a cheap faggot. They're super affordable right now, and if you call CME they'll even take 15% off.

reverb.com/item/6734894-gibson-memphis-es-335-cherry-floor-model

Gibson's QC sucks right now. Buy used.

$1800 is a touch more than I want but it's certainly better than the $3k+ Gibson claims to charge on their site.

I was really looking at the Guild Starfire VI's but it turns out they're Korean.

Basically I'm a hipster cunt and I would prefer something not Gibson, but we'll see.

>not Gibson
then buy a used The Heritage

>Gibson's QC sucks right now.

Nah that's a poorfag meme. They're as good as they've ever been and way better than anything released in the 70s early 80s. As long as you stay away from the $400 budget pieces of shit they release you should be fine.

>posted two months ago
youtu.be/Domu3Fzjr_U

I hope your shitty Gibson keeps you warm at night user.

Those seem more overpriced that the Gibson offerings. I was really hoping that Guild would make something in the US for once.

Oh well, I'll look at D'Angelico next maybe?

yeah like the other user said Heritage is probably your only other choice then, and it's going to be just as expensive as the Gibson. USA made Semi-hollows aren't cheap.

If you don't care where it's made the Eastmans are really nice if you change out the pickups. You can get those for around $800

>D'Angelico
made in korea

Uh, no

The Heritage guitars look great but I'm looking for something around $1500 so I think I'll try to accept something made overseas. I was hoping to finally get the sense of pride and accomplishment that comes with the US badge though. :(

learned the riffs at 1:17 - 1:40
youtube.com/watch?v=HaGFwI-SKI0
but the rest of the song doesn't seem very interesting to play relatively. it's mostly just chugging

should i learn the entire thing or just learn the juicy parts of a bunch of different songs?

Used man, used. You can pick up a used 335 for that.

rip

>$1500
buy used its really need to be new?

No, of course not. Like I mentioned in an earlier post I would prefer something not Gibson because I'm a hipster faggot.

I haven't found much other than Gibson that is in that price range and also made-in-USA though.

WHy does it have to be US made?

lawl he probably did that himself taking out the pots

I want a US-made instrument. That's it. I'll probably wind up with something Korean at this rate however.

how about godin

not USA made but made in ths same continent aka NA

Banning Guitars make(s?ed?) a 335 copy and they're US. Look on Reverb. Or just google US made 335 style guitar

I've done those things and haven't found the guitar that ticks all my boxes.

My issue is that once I get into the $2000's I'd rather save up a little more and buy a pre-1974 Stratocaster.

Don't know what to tell you then.

guitarcenter.com/Used/The-Heritage/2017-H535-Hollow-Body-Electric-Guitar.gc?

>they said Les Pauls are bad for country
>they said you shouldn't put tremolos on Les Pauls
>they said you shouldn't put .009's on acoustics
>they said Epiphones are shit and for poorfags
>they said Chinese pedals are shit and for poorfags
Fuck 'em.
youtube.com/watch?v=GSfCFR0z2rc
Let me take y'all down to the country for a bit. Enjoy.

I guess I shouldn't say it has to be US-made, just not somewhere shite like Indonesia, China, etc.

Me either. bud.

Why does it’s need to be a US instrument?

>dat polishturded special.

you made varg smug.

Not US

I fucking love its neck pickup tones after I put those new pots in man. I swear it plays like a dream.

is this varg?

No options apart from humbuckers unfortunately

then buy a japanese guitar from the lawsuit era.

ebay.com/itm/1970s-Lawsuit-Cortez-ES335-Electric-Guitar-Made-In-Japan-Ibanez-Made-Clean/183018529725?hash=item2a9cc123bd:g:pkAAAOSwNWxZ-wVx

ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Ibanez-2355M-Archtop-Jazz-Guitar-Lawsuit-ES-175-MIJ/162847411555?hash=item25ea764d63:g:iW8AAOSwLIhZiRTh

cant get cheaper than these badgirls.

Can one of you lads redpill me on good heads for thrash/metal oriented shit? I was thinking about the jcm800 because I like Jeff randomans tone, but I don't know shit when it comes to heads tbqh, pls send help

Old Randalls

yes i vouch for them randalls.

Thanks fellas, I'll check those out

>Please enlighten me why my English is bad, little girl.
>Having THIS large of a breakdown over an ellipses
Please slit your wrists soon, user.

If you have $1.5k why not save up and buy a new Gibson? If you don't mind used then you probably don't need to save up too. At least you won't need to upgrade to anything and it's easier to sell too in case you're bored if it's Gibson

is the Mustang a shit guitar? I hardly see people play it but am curious about it because the smaller design appeals to me a bit

>please slit your wrists soon
Well now you’re an edgy little girl

I don't come to these threads anymore but I thought I'd post a good local deal if anyone was interested.

houston.craigslist.org/msg/d/usa-ernie-ball-music-man-sub/6374301151.html

you dun goofed

What do you mean, tons of people play them. Especially in dream pop. They're a huge "indie" guitar.

haha what a retard anime bitch

>with trem

Inferior to self-lubricating TUSQ XL nuts. Requires extra routing which a TUSQ XL nut does not.
The mechanical parts of the roller nuts actually require lubrication if you want them to always roll, so they're no more convenient than a standard nut. A TUSQ XL nut never requires lubrication.

The most important aspect of blues playing is being able to bend strings in key/on pitch and with soulful vibrato. Practice the shit out of this. You can always tell when a metalfag is trying badly to play the blues because their bends are always off key and with no vibrato or shitty vibrato.

>TUSQ XL
tell you tusqxl ovelords to make compensated nuts and i would consider one

An easy way of enlarging holes in a guitar, whether they be tuner holes or pot holes, is sandpaper rolled up into a tube. Use like, 60 grit and 220 grit. Enlarge the hole until it's JUUUUUST a tad too small with the 60 grit then finish with the 220 grit. I did this when I put US sized pots in a guitar with metric pot holes and it worked like a charm.

That's some admirable intonation autism, user.

>You can always tell when a metalfag is trying badly to play the blues because their bends are always off key and with no vibrato or shitty vibrato.
lol like JCMfag

no, they are not shit. while it may differ what country they were made in during what year etc the ones i've tried were surprisingly good. my friend has a sonic blue one with the tortoiseshell pickguard, damn that's a fine combination

Always lube non-self-lubricating nuts, even if cut correctly.

Yep. Always keep a mechanical pencil on hand.

I use this to lubricate any non-self-lubricating friction points on my guitars, but a pencil works too.

Rachel Goswell just got a new american original 60s jm in "ocean turquoise"…

Who?

try to guess the song

clyp.it/zk2wmy5d?token=d6ff88164f05868771f4cd24133cdf70

Is Yamaha Pacifica 112V + Fender Mustang I V.2 a good starter guitar/amp combo?

Or alternatively, a used $75 Squier Bullet that rattles near the headstock when you shake it and some fret buzz?

I'd be using them mostly just to practice and record some songs (the USB functionality of the amp is one of the reasons I chose it).

>rattles near the headstock when you shake it and some fret buzz?
That can't be too difficult to fix. Replace the nut. Adjust nut and saddle height, adjust truss rod. If headstock still rattling, replace tuners.

>rattles near the headstock when you shake it
Tighten the tuners

vocaroo.com/i/s1E8PJTzG5h9

what do you guys think about the guitar in this?

squier bullets just aren't worth it. not enough wood there to salvage (ie no matter how you upgrade it, the body is a hunk of shit), especially if it's already got fret buzz. i own a bullet strat and it feels like a toy next to my fender tele