Are these really the two greatest accomplishments of contemporary music?

Are these really the two greatest accomplishments of contemporary music?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mKBRNn-D2Sk
youtube.com/watch?v=smqhSl0u_sI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

No

MBDTF yes
KID A no

No, most classical works of the early 20th century are still prevalent in modern music today. The only thing close would be perhaps Electronica, as in Neu or Kraftwerk.

>Neu or Kraftwerk

No

If you actually either of those two rank among this century's greatest works of music, you are a pleb of unspeakable proportions. Like, you're worse than normies who listen to top 40.

Wrong albums.

i'm visually impaired but I assume that the picture OP posted is Siamese Dream and Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness side by side. and yes, they are

one of those changes is an improvement

Now I gotta figure out which one.

That's retarded. Kid A is a pretty great pop album. MBDTF is bad but still far more ambitious and creative an artistic statement than pretty much all top 40 music. OP is a pleb but you're massively exaggerating.

Agreed, In Rainbows is better than Kid A.

To Pimp A Butterfly
SMiLE Sessions

I figured it out!

correct answer coming through

Kid A maybe.
MBDTF no.

>To Pimp A Butterfly
Section.80 and GKMC are better.
youtube.com/watch?v=mKBRNn-D2Sk
youtube.com/watch?v=smqhSl0u_sI

Assuming you mean 21st century music

Ok guys for real now

>Clicky ass percussion and almost more skits than songs
"""no"""

Best combo so far but the correct answer is obviously Kid A and Late Registration, although Kid A could be replaced with OKC or Amnesiac and it would still be acceptable

Still neither of those are close to being the greatest accomplishments of contemporary music

>3 of the the 21 tracks are skits
>More skits than songs

>7 skits/interludes throughout the album
>"3 skits"

Skit != interlude

Alright, so not counting the 2 interludes (I'll Fly Away and Graduation Day which is borderline a skit) there's 5, not 3.

The Intro, Workout Plan, School Spirit 1, School Spirit 2, and Lil' Jimmy.

Still far less than half the album, not to mention Last Call is 12 minutes long.

>pop album

How is Kid A pop? What Kid A songs are you gonna hear on the radio or in the club? Playing in stores?

>Everything In Its Right Place
>Kid A
>How to Disappear
>In Limbo

>Not a pop album

Most of the songs on it have pop song structures.

pop != accessible != popular

le everything is pop memers have arrived

Well, Kid A was the final nail on the coffin for rock music and MBDTF was experimental (for memerap) but still accessible. I would call them a great accomplishment but the greatest one.

OK Computer is better
Also, Yeezus

>contemporary music
By definition, it doesn’t fucking matter what the greatest accomplishment of contemporary music is.
They are great accomplishments in music though. Kid A moreso than MBDTF

um, listen sweety

>posting Kanye's weakest album
come on my guy

I don't see TLOP anywhere.

nigga why the fuck are you saving pictures of what I'm assuming is kpop girls on your fuckin phone?
reevaluate your life

>electronicA
>entry level krautrock you learned about from the Sup Forumscore chart when you joined over the summer
wew

if you think "contemporary music" only includes popular music, then you're already too dumb to appreciate the actual greatest works of contemporary music

Eh, I think most of Kanye's work is really good so I think it's really up to preference. My list is (currently) CD > Yeezus > MBDTF > Graduation > TLOP > LR > 808s.

well, this thread is fucking Sup Forums in a nutshell isn't it

>kpop
Close but no cigar

16 year olds too