I want something obscure as hell, like more than anything on this chart, but idk where to start. any hints...

i want something obscure as hell, like more than anything on this chart, but idk where to start. any hints? pic related is what i listen to rn

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mFGs0ADvOig
sexxxyboyz.bandcamp.com
youtube.com/watch?v=LLiapiNAJi0
procession1995.bandcamp.com/album/still
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

lurk more, its a very gradual process, but its sincerely the best way to find stuff you like, post in chart threads

This Heat - Deceit
New Kingdom - Paradise Don’t Come Cheap
No Trend - Too Many Humans

This is also pretty much it. Alternatively, use resources like Rateyourmusic lists, discogs lists, etc

you realize that obscure music is obscure because they're had to find right? so there's no easy way to find "obscure" music, depending on what you consider obscure

>No Trend - Too Many Humans

nice bait, that like one of the most entry level noise/no wave albums

start by looking up the labels those artists released shit on and then dl other shit those labels released. iterating that for the stuff you liked will expose you to more unusual stuff. also look up genres on RYM and sort by esoteric, I know people tend to shit talk the people that look for obscure crap on RYM but that technique has actually had good results for me in terms of finding good stuff. don't just rely on Sup Forums cause you'll kinda run into a wall where the new recs you get will come very slowly. after a while stuff like 5x5 or chart threads are only good for getting recced things you would never have found by daisy chain discog searches

>no trend
>no wave
oh my

Also look at OP’s chart; this is a whole other world compared to their taste

On a sort of related note, how the hell do I find more music to listen to and especially new music? I don't know any critics I can stand anymore, and Sup Forums is rarely productive when I try to lurk for recommendations. I feel like I haven't been up to date on new releases in years and I haven't been to a concert in like 4 years. I keep listening to the same old shit. Am I just old or something?

it is no wave isn't it or is it noise rock? idk, but sure compared to his chart it's relativity "obscure" but it not that hard to find the album

1. Go to record stores and take pictures of interesting looking albums
2. Go on Discogs, click “Explore”, set it to any genre you want, any year, any format. You want doom metal from 1999 on LP? They gotchu.
3. Find cool blogspots that share neat shit
4. Find cool accounts on instagram that are into good music. I collect records so I follow guys who also collect records and have crazy good taste. I’m screenshotting shit every day to look up and exposing people to the cool albums I own
5. Spotify related artist hopping works p well
6. Youtube recs can be solid

try making a list of the elements you like in music and then asking Sup Forums for genres that may have those elements. that's why I've started to look into armenian folk cause I like music with a strong melody and an underlying drone tone and that's how a type of armenian double reed instrument called a duduk is traditionally played.

>drone
>strong melody
Have you looked into American Minimalism? I think Steve Reich, Philip Glass, John Adams, Terry Riley, etc would have a lot for you

I’m not going to tell someone with taste like this to go listen to Nihilist Spasm Band, Fushitsua, or some real out there noise rock, so sorry.

Also it’s 100% noise rock. Not at all no wavey really.

I've heard a bit of philip glass and it was nice but i never looked into it further cause I got a million things that I'm "looking into" at any given time I'mma definitely put more of that on my list though

Here ya go:
Steve Reich - Music for 18 Musicians
Philip Glass - North Star
John Adams - The Chairman Dances
Terry Riley - A Rainbow in Curved Air (the GOAT)

If it's obscure and experimental you want, check this out
youtube.com/watch?v=mFGs0ADvOig
>this is the most entry level Vlürch song
I remember Sup Forums had hardons for this album when it came out but all songs have only like 50 views on youtube... were they deleted and reuploaded or was it only bandcamp linked or what? in any case it's obscure as hell

Obscure as fuck sexual white people rap?
sexxxyboyz.bandcamp.com

it's alright user we know you listened to SOAD in middle school

lol I did like nu-metal in middle school but even then I hated SOAD, I was more of a korn and disturbed kid

>disturbed kid
yeah if you liked disturbed, you were

is that the president of Hungary?

That’s actually me making a face but now that I’m looking at him I can see a slight resemblance there

wtf I could've sworn it was him

Go on Spotify, choose an artist that you like, and keep clicking through related artists. It doesn't take long to find artists with only a few thousand plays per track. Then you just have to sift through it and find what's worth listening to.

You aren't going to like whatever 'obscure' album we send you. Just listen to what you like you baby stop trying to be patrician.

>only a few thousand plays per track
>few thousand
>only
>obscure
this is Sup Forums, not /top10mainstreamgreatesthits/

>stop trying to be patrician
everyone has to start somewhere though, and if the goal is to be patrician then Sup Forums isn't the place to be anyway because though many on Sup Forums are into extremely obscure music, there's still preference for the ones that entered the mainstream

not saying you're wrong, just that Sup Forums can be more mainstream than normies at times when certain artists are considered

youtube.com/watch?v=LLiapiNAJi0

you can start with pic.
if you want more obscure stuff, stay away from spotify and rym, spend more time on discogs.

Obscure Sphinx -Lunar Caustic. Doom metal/post

procession1995.bandcamp.com/album/still
obscure prog from some nobody local band in the 90s

go to chart threads here and look up every album that isn't Sup Forumscore
you might get one or two albums per thread like this on a good day

Obscure as hell huh

>makes an entire thread asking for recs
>has a shitty entry level taste on top of that
listen to more music and keep this sort of things to chart threads. sage