I'm watching jeopardy. How can a game that requires so much knowledge have such a low payout for winning...

I'm watching jeopardy. How can a game that requires so much knowledge have such a low payout for winning? It's like the payout never adjusted with inflation

Other urls found in this thread:

cnn.com/2016/12/20/entertainment/jeopardy-contestant-dies-boyfriend-trnd-cnntv/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

They get to keep playing when they win, for one. You theoretically have no cap on winnings. I don't think there is any other game show where you can just keep playing and playing as long as you keep winning.

Thing is it's not as based on chance as other games. Sure, it has some elements of it, but it's one of the few game shows you can actually be "good" at. Also I dunno you can win a pretty good amount of cash.

>like $15-20k a game just for answering some questions for 20 minutes
>low payout

What now, mate?

I hate seeing this ugly trannyfucker every single day

If you are intelligent/autistic enough to get on jeopardy, you should probably have a lucrative enough career where you don't rely on handouts.
Wheel of Fortune/Let's make a deal/Price is Right have higher payouts because anyone stupid or old enough to be on that show are most likely financially irresponsible.

What is "Who wants to be a Millionaire"?

The questions on Jeopardy are generally pretty basic, they just encompass a wide variety of topics. I tend to do as well or better than most contestants from home (if I was on stage I'd probably suck ass), although there are some categories i really suck at like food, broadway, & pre-90's music.

People'll play for the attention/fame. The show doesnt need to offer better prizes when being on tv is incentive enough.

>pre-90's music
So music

Was using a Sam Hyde image really necessary, OP?

what an ugly man

i mean even today they had a music category where 3 of the answers was recent pop-music.

I could definitely be a contestant on Jeopardy and I'm unemployed. Where's my lucrative career?

this is me except i couldn't be a contestant because i dont have any interesting facts about myself

Jeopardy is SJW central, they have at least two women on each and every episode now

Jsyk the current champion who won today died of colon cancer rip

>noticing this

because if you win on jeopardy you get to keep going

Holy shit you're right, that's because she has been insanely lucky during her run too
cnn.com/2016/12/20/entertainment/jeopardy-contestant-dies-boyfriend-trnd-cnntv/
This also says she knew she was terminal ans told the producers so I wonder if that gets brought up when she finally loses

They almost have to bring it up considering she donated 80k of her winnings to charity. I'm thinking she only wins a 2 more at most. Which is fucking impressive anyway

Jesus how jeopardy do you watch where you notice this?

The current champion is a woman and has repeatedly beaten male contenders. Doesn't this indicate women deserve to the be on the program? How do you rationalize this?

autism

>he thinks a game is 20 minutes

what about wheel of fortune how do I win?

>jeopardy
>so much knowledge

It's not that hard if you're semi-autistic like and read encyclopedias for fun

Go to their website, they usually have casting calls all over the country to find contestants. You go through a few early rounds answering questions online, and then if you do well enough you get moved on to the next round of consideration.

>I don't think there is any other game show where you can just keep playing and playing as long as you keep winning.
As long as you're not a jew going against a gentile you can keep going.

fuck pic related

The two highest earning game show contestants of all time made most of their money through Jeopardy

The older I've gotten the more astonishingly easy the Jeopardy! questions have become for me, and I was good at Jeopardy! to begin with, even as a youngster.

I should probably audition, but then again I'm sure that's something everyone with half a brain says. It's just that I genuinely believe I'm capable of winning.

Not even. Jeopardy! is literally 90% decent semantic memory (i.e. a culmination of all the useless knowledge you've accumulated) and 10% not fucking yourself over with Double Jeopardy questions.

>I should probably audition
Why not, I've done it. You have nothing to lose, and honestly even the first online round is really intimidating.

>watching jeopardy
>mfw categories are on opera and 19th century russian literature and american poetry

I wish there was a version of jeopardy where they completely got rid of all literary bullshit

that's a rare exception, I have to say

Men almost always beat the women, usually by quite a lot.

The current champion fucking died.

It's because it doesn't require that much in-depth trivia knowledge. Everything they ask is actually incredibly shallow. The skill is more about being able to pick up on the "hints" and being able to interpret the questions to understand what they're asking for.

So you need some basic trivia knowledge, but its more about being quick witted.

Those questions that require you to unscramble words/letters in your head always fuck me over though

that and being able to recall them in 2 seconds.

I know about half the answers, but I'm usually like OH! I KNOW THIS! IT'S, UH, IT'S...
THAT! I KNEW THAT! GOD DAMN IT

>semitic memory
SHUT IT DOWN

>I wish there was a version of jeopardy where they completely got rid of just the shit I don't know

Holy shit, I heard something about that. I didn't realize it was Miss Frodo Minnie Mouse that was the one who died. I was expecting it to be some old decrepit chemo patient that I hadn't seen yet

Really didn't like her tbqh. She never spoke up and half the, she only won because she got lucky and everyone bombed a final jeopardy question, but she bet the least so she scraped ahead

You fucking heard me, nigga. The categories on poetry and opera and that shit are only there so that the pathetic catladies that make up half the jeopardy contestants have a shot at winning

>not knowing Die Fledermaus by heart
Maybe hollywood squares is more your speed.

she died of cancer before getting to see her win streak on tv ) :

>pathetic cat ladies listen to opera and read Walt Whitman.

You're out of touch m8. Its more like Celine Dion and Dan Brown.

I believe you are the nigger here, sir

You know it's true, my dude. Every time there's an obvious catlady librarian on the show and one of the categories is poetry/literature, she absolutely fails at everything else but runs the table on that one category.