Gotta ask: my fiancee and I are doing a tour of Asia for our honeymoon. We start out in Taiwan, then head to Japan...

Gotta ask: my fiancee and I are doing a tour of Asia for our honeymoon. We start out in Taiwan, then head to Japan, somewhere we've both wanted to visit for a long time. Now, I'm a punk/hardcore/grind etc fan, but the only band I can consistently think to see is Swarrrm, who are releasing a new album next month. Now, trying to prepare, I went on youtube and searched for Japanese Hardcore and similar acts, but all I found was poor imitations of Western toughguy bullshit or overproduced prettyboy metalcore trash. Are there any active bands in the hardcore/post-hardcore scene in Japan that anyone would recommend? I basically have two weeks and travel freedom throughout.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gpEqEwq3KRk
youtube.com/watch?v=67-l-MZa9K8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

pls respond I dont want a boring trip. Our sex life is already lacking.

fuck on the beach
die you bastard!
tainted dickmen
bbq chickens (insane shows)
butcher abc
unholy grave

oh and depening on the cities you are gonna visit, try google city name + hardcore.
like tokyo hardcore 2018 or something

Not hardcore, but you could try catching Laughin' Nose live, I think they're back and they're a legendary punk band. But more traditional punk, as I said not hardcore.

Didnt know Fuck on the Beach or DYB were still together. What are the others like and what town do they play out of?

they still play live from time to time.
not sure where those others are based, but they are all hardcore.
tainted dickmen is fast crossover thrash/grind
butcher abc is grinding bolt thrower groove.
unholy grave is grindcore perfection.
BBQ chickens are huuuge in japan, since most of the members also play in some shitty emo pop/punk bands.
youtube.com/watch?v=gpEqEwq3KRk

I like it. Thanks man, marking them unto my schedule book.

The two musical things I'd like to do: see Envy and see Swarrrm. Then I can die happy.

Oh by the way, thank you for responding. I'm so used to being ignored on mu.

you should also google some of these, you might find some gigs if you are lucky.
MCR Company (label)
Huck Finn (gig)
Pizza of Death Records (label)
Grind Freaks (label)
Obliteration Records (label)

If i ever get the chance to go to Japan I would want to do the same thing Op, that is see some under ground punk, noise, metal artists in some fucked up club.

you might be better off asking /trv/ check the cat for japan general

Thank you all for your input! Jeez, I'm glad. For some reason, given my limited experience in mu, I expected hostility, but youve all been so helpful. Thanks, and I mean that.

I don't like this. Fix your attitude or fix your sex life. Do it for your people.

not everyone on mu is an asshole user.
if you want an insane experience, try to find out if The Gerogerigegege is doing a show somewhere in tokyo xD
you have been warned.

if Juntaro and Gero-30 is still doing those kind of shows, that is of course.

On a side note, is anyone else super excited for the new Swarrrm? I know at this point I sounds like a fanboy, but know what? I unapologetically am.

had no idea swarrrm was still around, i have a bunch of splits and most of their older stuff.
when is the new one released?

Gero doesnt do public work anymore, as far as I've heard.

i dont get why people travel all that chages is the architecture

is gero-30 still in that home for the elderly insane?

February. They swapped out Hatada for the guy from Bloodred Bacteria who, at first, I HATED. But now I couldnt imagine ot without him. "Flower" is their most recent with that guy on vocals.

Jeez, no idea. I know Gero30 was always at the odds with police due to his public masturbation "performance art", but he was a young guy regardless. 30 to 50 but too young to be in an old folk home.

Yoi! So since I've got a couple people commenting, this thread lives! Any recommendations of post-hardcore or similar acts that I might be able to catch on my trip would be greatly appreciated!

Ya'll please... I'm so sad and lonely. At least humor me.

Okay, obviously the thread is done, but for the fellow who was interested in modern Swarrrm, here's the teaser track they've put out for hteir next album:
>youtube.com/watch?v=67-l-MZa9K8

Should be released in the album in the next month.