Has anybody watched this on netflix yet? if you haven't then don't bother, it was trash...

has anybody watched this on netflix yet? if you haven't then don't bother, it was trash. I can't ruin it without giving up spoilers, but holy shit. the entire show is a fucking ass-pull. the ending gives no fucking answers, and the characters they try and establish are somehow still 75% 1 dimensional despite the show trying so fucking hard to make them not so.
>inb4 2deep4u
it wasn't deep, it was all horseshit

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2-BtquTKw78
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yes. I finished it yesterday and woke up still being angry. These high reviews of tumblrs tricked me into watching some 14 year old's perfomance art escapetism power special bean fantasy.
Not getting answers isn't even the issue. I can't get over it.

I just finished it and I'm beating my head against the fucking wall. watched the whole thing with my dad. the instant they started with the interpretive dance shit he was like "this is gonna get terrible" but I finished it anyway, thinking it was just the show's shitty "magic" system. instead it literally fucking was interpretive dance.

The Original Angel

It makes sense when you realize the lead actress is also the creator of this pile of shit.

is it really that bad? on episode two now. seems like it has a big lead up but is it worth it?

Is she notable? How the fuck did she get her own show?

see He's not even joking.

not at all. drop it now or get hurt. every lead is bullshit. if you want spoilers I can tell you in one sentence that it's trash.
yeah, what the fuck? I was already blaming Brad Pitt for this shit
9/11 rekt me

And I just deleted the first episode I downloaded. Didn't realize she was also the person behind it. Was apprehensive at first when I saw she was in it (literally everything she's in is pretentious drivel), but thought I'd try out one episode at least. Good thing I found this thread.

Incorporated is alright. Try that instead.

LIFE? AND DEATH? WOW!!!
AMIRITE?

*in one sentence why it is trash

I just finished it. I thought the first 4 episodes were very good. But the last 4 seemed to flounder quite a bit. The ending scene was cringy as fuck, I felt embrassed that those people had to do that gay dance infront that big cafeteria full of people. in fact the second they started doing the dance in the first place I had a bad feeling it was going to go to shit.

I still enjoyed it though, but it could have been so much better.

i know she does a ton of indie films, she produced another earth with that creepy guy from Lost iirc. she's a qt tho

I'm glad I stopped and deleted it after 15-20 mins.

DREAM? STORIES? HOPE!
KHATUN!

DEEP

I had a feeling a woman created this show.

Good. I hope this means Britt Marling can never get anymore of her shit pretentious films made.

You know those shows that start strong but kind of get worse over time? This one is the exact opposite. It looks promising at the start, maybe even until episode 5. Then it takes a giant fucking dump all over your face. My bf and I finished it for the sake of finishing it, but we pretty much just watching it to poke fun at it by the end. We actually burst out laughing at the final scene. Total waste of time.

The cinematography offered a few highlights, at least, and there were a couple of decent acting performances (NOT from Brit Marling, though, jesus christ). That's about it.

>You know those shows that start strong but kind of get worse over time? This one is the exact opposite.

I think you worded that wrong. But you are absolutely correct that episode 5 is where the face dumping first starts, and it doesn't really let up the rest of the season

>die
>for 30 seconds
>got the time to go to Saturn

I stopped during the Parent Teacher conference scene in the first episode. First time I've ever raged at a TV show.

I understand what you mean, user. I literally felt genuine anger at myself for wasting my own time and at the show itself for even existing by the time I made it to the final two episodes.

>tfw the kindly old lady from the office had to be in this shit hole of a movie
I hope she does well. her, the dad, and the scientist all had flashes of great talent

I totally did. The show made me irritated enough to mash my keyboard angrily without enough thought.

what even happened in that scene? forgot
lmao yeah was that even elaborated on?

Still an old fart believing what a crazy girl tells her about angels.
In the end she dances in front of a shooter to stop him thanks to the power of love.

You think that's bad? Look at the bio for Britt Marling. She was groomed for a high level position with Goldman Sachs before her film career. This retard was considered a good employee choice for the largest investment bank in the US.

>lmao yeah was that even elaborated on?
Just Brit trying to sugarcoat her hippie new age christian-buddhist shit for "sciences geeks" from tumblr

>In the end she dances in front of a shooter to stop him thanks to the power of love.
They don't even stop him. They just confused him long enough for the REAL hero to tackle him down.

britt marling is a shit actress and a shit writer and she's ugly

i won't bother with this trash

It was nice to see the old guy Herschel from the walking dead again

Browbeats the teacher who wants to expel the drug dealer who sent a kid to the hospital with Deepak Chopra level woo woo bullshit.

What's hilarious is that even if it was good, it would still be impossible for that show to succeed with that name. How that got an okay by their marketing guys is beyond me. I literally wouldn't be able to talk about it to other people casually because I have no clue as to how I'm supposed to say that. The oh-ay? Or is that supposed to be a greek alpha or something? Even without the stylizing, who calls a show the fucking OA?

I was just going to start watching this. Looks like I dodged a bullet.

>greek alpha
Before I get called a tard I meant lambda but whatever

Netflix is fucking desperate for any original material they think might make a profit.

Ah, so it's nepotism?

Didn't they? Or DID they?...

>How that got an okay by their marketing guys is beyond me
>Brit the name of your show is ridiculous "The Original Angel"? No one will watch this! After Gilmore Girls, they will think we brought back Touched by an Angel
>B-but my character is the original angel!!

More like she banged all the right people at Sundance to get her shit made.

S-so can the FBI listen to my heartbeats in the street?
Hearing if it goes faster?

Figures. I almost want to watch it to see how bad it is, but if it turns out really bad, I'll be upset that they allowed something like it to be made and how anything I dream up will never see the light of day.

the dancing was cringe, the acting was cringe, the writing was cringe. the whole thing was hard to watch. its one of those shows that has a great premise and you keep watching hoping it will come together but it never does.

alos, everyone is ugly. all of them.

>writing=acting
dear god I hope not
holy fuck I forgot that even happened. I don't think Ive ever seen a bigger dick head on a tv show that I'm supposed to empathize with
this, although there were flashes of brilliance randomly

>its one of those shows that has a great premise and you keep watching hoping it will come together but it never does.

So it's another Sense8?

they already do that. If a creepy looking guy walks by a childrens playground and their heartbeat goes up, theyll nab you and throw you in the back of a paddywagon

This show angered me as much as watching the season finale of Falling Skies.

>alos, everyone is ugly. all of them.

I kept forgetting throughout the whole show if that short haired person was a guy or a chick. it didn't matter to the plot and I think they only said it a few times, but that's all i could think of when it talked

Worse.

At least Sense8 had fun parts and interesting characters. It's still "soft" sci-fi, there is a coherence.
The OA is boring and is propaganda for Brit Marling's cult.

that body and face does not fuck its way to the top. i wanted to fucking deck her everytime she was on screen. them jowels dat fucked up nose. lookin like shes 45, yellow ass fangs juttin out and shit.

>if that short haired person was a guy or a chick.
he was trans of course

I agree, those three were the only acting highlights. The others were almost always terrible.

meh for whatever reason sense 8 just nothing for me, so i dropped it fairly quickly. this show had potential for half the season, and i thought i was going to end up loving it. but then......

I loved it. Far better then Stranger Shit

I can't decide if I like the mother as well. It was pretty good to see her grow more distraught over her daughters bullshit. I felt really bad for her

Holy shit, nothing has made me rage more than the ending of Falling Skies.

Brad Pritt is an executive producer of the show. So I assume they know each other and he used his money and name to get it going.

its a chick thats wants to be a boy
>flashes of brilliance randomly
thats what i'm saying you want to keep watching because the overall idea is cool but they ignore it all for the we're all angels bullshit.

this show would have been way better if it was about the scientist. if he was the star and we follwed him as he murdered/resuscitated a bunch of people for the greater good it would have been awesome. dude could have been the next walter white. but no we get 4 fucking hours + of some busted up hippy teaching hs interpretive dance.

This shit was so fucking pretentious. I don't know how I watched all of it."We want the teen girl demographic" pandering is pervasive throughout Netflix originals.

I don't have any bait pics so have this instead

it really is. its starting to feel like mtv.

examples? stranger things I guess had the girls but that was only a section. no fucking way on House of Cards
>mfw
holy shit yeah. the neat little bow just cut off his whole fucking character

>punk kid who's angry he only gets to have sex and punches innocent kids in the throat

>woman who whines to her parents despite being like 28

>various other drug taking degenerates

Not one likeable character in the bunch. Even the scientist is retarded, like he spends 7 years just killing them over and over and never like interviews them or asks them any question at all?

....Is that actually what "OA" stands for?

Is it worth it? If I like capeshit or sci-fi shit like "Dark Matter" or "The Expanse", will I like this?

give it a shot but its a let down.

>If I like capeshit or sci-fi shit like "Dark Matter" or "The Expanse", will I like this?

NO.

No, it's not a sci-fi it's like a character study of an annoying airhead.

yes. i'm watching it right now and she just said it for the first time. it hurts to watch.

He was just collecting data - the sound of death
SCIENTIFIC DATAS

that's a sci-fi story

It's like Life of Pi

yo check out this youtube video of Saturn,it sounds totally exactly the same

Just finished the show and holy shit, there are no words to describe this.

>spoilers, obviously

Interesting concept, people being in the realm between life and death etc. (though it has been done before).

The few episodes of the Doctor doing experiments and them trying to escape were somewhat interesting, but the dance thing was some really stupid shit.

They're all in the cafeteria and the shooter starts coming, and I was like, was this all a fucking PSA from moms against guns or some shit?

Turned out to be way worse than that, they all start doing the fucking interpretive dance while the guy just stands there "yeah let me just watch this performance real quick"

Then she gets shot center mass by an AR and she needs about the same amount of medical care as a kid who just broke his ankle?

The concept had potential, a few episodes were interesting, but seriously, what the fuck.

Best part of the show was Zoey Todorovsky by far.
Goddam she was cute

>the realm between life and death
then alternative realities, space travel

all in one interpretive dance

Yeah, like that whole thing had potential.
But then it was heard by the sounds of saturn's rings, and accessible by a 5-part interpretive dance?
Come on

>all that build up
>all to prevent Columbine happening via interpretive dance

HOLY FUCK DID I JUST WASTE 8 HOURS

Send 50€ to subscribe to 'Brit & Zal Movement' and you will have the (real) answers.

Wasn't a waste because Zoey

one of the only decent actors too

I like it very much.
And Brit Matling is GOAT waifu.

Fantastic work for a 6(?) year old

I'm smelling pedoshit

Not really but she makes me question myself lol

youtube.com/watch?v=2-BtquTKw78

totally agree. would smooch :^)

I thought it was some Stranger Things kind of deal but i got so fucking bored from the first chapter i just gave up

Spoil me please

>that stranger things reference

qt loli

Can someone just give a brief synopsis of what happens? I'll never watch this.

context of this scene? havent seen it

all the best lolis do...

>Blind chick disappears, comes back and can see.
>Decides to tell 5 random people her story in small increments every night
>Tells us she died as a child, came back to life, come to America
>Gets kidnapped by a dude investigating near death experiences, has other captives
>Figure out they can reach other dimensions by an interpretive dance (that's basically 6/8 episodes)
>Turns out she's crazy and most of that probably never happened (though no explanation given on her blindness)
>The interpretive dance she taught her 5 random people stops a school shooter by confusing the fuck out of him, nothing else really

The end

I like it so far, it's a pretty awesomely beautiful show. Then again, I've lived a life and can relate to most of the themes the show expresses. It's unlikely to garner interest from a younger audience that hasn't yet seen their first grey hair.

>little blind girl goes missing
>she comes back and can see
>she gets a bunch of hs kids and a teacher to meet her in an abanadoned house
>she tells them what happened
>you think its gonna be some sweet soviet conspiracy shit but its not
>you think its gonna be some sweet sci-fi shit but its not
>evil scientist is killing them so he can listen to what happens in their death(never explained how)
>each time they die they pass through the vortal coil
>she communes with the vortiessence to bring back a hippy
>they learn special dance moves from a muslim space wizard

i honestly don't know the rest i lost interest. she's an angel though cuz why not.

Girl becomes blind. Russian oligarchs. Does a weird dance. Is made a slave by a mad scientist. Isn't blind anymore. Jumps off bridge. Goes back home. Doesn't really care about her parents. Hangs out with the garbage pail kids in an abandoned house. Tells ghost stories. Is investigated by the FBI. She stops a school shooting by getting shot. She may have made it all up.

She is being bathed by her adoptive mother, since she is blind and can't do it herself.
Best scene of the whole show by far

>ANGELS
That was when i stopped watching.
also
AYYYYYY

>muslim space wizard
u wot?

have a webm or just the time/episode it is in the show?

Yep. Khatun or some shit.