Why is this usually considered inferior to Lateralus?

Why is this usually considered inferior to Lateralus?

It's got more weird stuff in it, I guess

Maynard stopped caring and his lyrics are manufactured throwbacks to older lyrics. honestly I'm like 90 percent sure he's a sociopath.

when this was released a huge amount of people on the internet unironically thought tool had made this as a troll album and were going to release the ''real'' one shortly after

they just couldnt comprehend they would release something simpler than lateralus

Because it's inferior to Undertow

The only band where their third album is their best one.

Because it is.

I've never considered it better or worse than Lateralus. Close to equal. Right in Two is better than any track on either album

1. Aenima
2. Opiate
3. Lateralus
4. Undertow
5. 10000 Days

You seemed to have misspelled Vicarious, common mistake.

Vicarious might be my least favourite track on the album.

I find that hard to believe when Rosetta Stoned exists.

tool sux

rosetta stoned

nah rosetta stoned is the fourth best song on the album

1. Aenima
1.5 Lateralus
2. undertow
3. 100000 Days
4. Opiate

What actually is tool? For time immemorial I've cultivated an image of a Trent Reznor-like figure making gurgling noises into a microphone while its band plays low-tuned electric guitars and randomly make screaming noises in the background. That at least is what their album covers seem to convey, otherwise I feel like I'd be listening to the WWE 2007 soundtrack if I tried Lateralus.

They lost their identity. They even apparently wanted the album engineered similar to Undertow. The complexity in the instrumentation is certainly impressive, but Lateralus would be a daunting task to top as a band.

favourite song on the album, best climax

Tool is Radiohead for juggalos

nice facebook meme

stupid frogposter

Pfft

Undertow>Opiate>dogshit>the rest

pre-Red King Crimson for Korn fans

Why do sweaty manchildren get offended when melody is incorporated into their music?