Why does Sup Forums hate this album so much?

Why does Sup Forums hate this album so much?

Do they? I like it, I think I prefer it to Honeybear

Every time someone brings it up here, it's met with so much criticism and pretty much hatred. I haven't even listened to it yet, I'm just curious why it's well received by everyone, but Sup Forums doesn't like it

Its for psuedes and "self-aware" people.

Do you have a criticism of the album or just its demographic?

It's just so boring. At least honeybear had some interesting lyrics but this just feels forced 'woke'.

They feel targeted

He’s trying too hard. Honeybear was a masterpiece but he went too far up his own ass.

because it's just shitty folk album?

I don't hate it, but it's just very boring musically IMO. And his verses are way too winding and pointless to be interesting.

It reminds them of themselves.

>Why does Sup Forums hate this album so much?

>DAE atheism = cringe ????? XD

Lyrics aside, the album is very boring and repetitive. Could've been 20 minutes shorter imo

You can talk about atheism well. This sounds like something the Amazing Atheist wrote on his Tumblr in 2010.

What about it is bad?

kinda holier than thou bullshit. I mean just look at that album cover. Also it's not that good.

>he went too far up his own ass.
that's what makes it so good
the guy is hilarious

First 4 tracks are 10/10. Leaving LA and Memo are pretty good. Rest of the album kinda boring.

its one of those albums where you have to pay attention to the lyrics. like itaots or spiderland

It's badly written and preachy?

>They worship themselves yet they're totally obsessed
>With risen zombies, celestial virgins, magic tricks
>and they get terribly upset

He's literally singing about Sup Forums so probably that's why

He is singing about normies. Its about how people worship pop culture.

Gee, thanks for letting me know I sure had no idea!

every person I see defending this album always argues some variation of "you don't get it, he's just PRETENDING to be retarded"

bland uninspired pop-folk for sub-normies

what is to like?

like it isn't even trying to be anything other than a money maker off the fleet foxes name.

no need to get terribly upset

Because it's an hour of whining with no actual substance or critical thought. If the lyrics weren't the focal point of the album or if they weren't so serious, they would be tolerable, but it just comes off like something written by a disillusioned teenager that thinks he has actual insights but doesn't. Also, Father John Misty, in addition to having the attitude of a teenager, has a teenager's ear for language too: his lyrics have no music to them, instead sounding like something Google's AI would write.

at which point were fleet foxes mentioned? he left that band half a decade ago. such a poor criticism

I share some of your frustrations with this album for sure but I still think its a great record. the pretentiousness of the songwriting is overstated on Sup Forums like it has a couple moments, but the rest is fairly intelligible. my main critique of the album is the inconsistency of theme, songs like Birdie & Smoochie should not have made the cut.

>he left that band half a decade ago.
yeah it shows
clinging onto something he couldn't do the either

Because it's Sup Forums?
If you like it, you like it if not you don't..
Opinions are like assholes, everyone's got one

>Because it's an hour of whining with no actual substance or critical thought.

So it's not just a coincidence that he was also in Fleet Foxes for a little while. Seriously, fuck this dude. It also doesn't help that his personality outside of music is so fucking insufferable.

Honestly, just sounds very amateurish. I'm not a professional writer or English major but it isn't nearly the most profound or meaningful thing I've ever read.

Whiny and corny lyrics, boring instrumental. Can we get over this already?

it's like the bedroom tapes of a first-year sociology student