Kyber crystals

>Kyber crystals
>The Force of Others
>Whills
>Vaders spooky lava castle

Gareth Edwards confirmed Star Wars oldfag. Did I miss any other old/unused Star Wars lore references in this flick?

BLUE MILK LMAO xD

Spotted the RLM fan

>Did I miss any other old/unused Star Wars lore references in this flick?
KOTOR Hammerhead makes an appearance (first making an appearance in Star Wars Rebels)

isnt that ship design like thousands of years old?

are we imperium of man now?

Wow, that's a really big guy

>when you want to be in The Star Wars but didn't realize that they threw that script out 40 years ago

So who were these guys again? Did they belong to some ancient monk temple that now doesn't exist anymore? I am aware that Baze doesn't believe in the force but Chirrut does

anyone else enjoyed the stormtrooper radio chatter

i wish there was more of it

Hey bro, TFA is that way. You can hang out with the other fake fans there.

>people in Iraq drink coca cola just like people in America
Blue milk has been made a product and a lot drink it in Star Wars. I see no problem with that.

Only reference problem I had was the Cantina guys showing up and bumping into Jyn. Maybe they could have edited it a bit better so their stare wasn't so long because it really felt like they had a close up of the guy's face for too long.

Yes all old fans know who he is but Jyn doesn't and she never sees him again so why include him?

Otherwise the R2-D2 and C3-PO reference was fine. After all they are in the opening of ANH so no reason why they cannot be shown here.

Maybe it would have been better if they showed them on Leia's ship instead of on the ground?

Keepers of the Whills or somesuch. It's a nod to the original draft of ANH.

That the religion is completely defunct even in-universe made me chuckle a little.

the blind dude worked at the temple that worshipped the force because if you worship the force you turn into a shaolin monk

big guy is his gay lover because let's be honest every jedi is a huge homo

They call them Guardians of the Whills. I believe it's cannon that a Whill Shaman taught Qui Gon how to go ghost-mode. Sooooo Chirrut and Baze protected them?

>It's a nod to the original draft of ANH.
cool. I really need to read the novel of ANH.

Apparently so much stuff was changed (Earth is mentioned in the novel).

You know what would be cool? Someone to animate a standalone A New Hope movie based off the original concept drawings with the original Vader costume design.

AND FINALLY Chewie will get a medal given to him by Leia. WHY did Lucas cut that out?

Only if it's followed by the original ESB draft by Leigh Bracket

>Only if it's followed by the original ESB draft by Leigh Bracket
No idea that existed. Source on where to read?

>Vader was originally drawn with a blue lightsaber
>The animator knew that was Anakin's lightsaber color
MIND BLOWN

That's what I was thinking. That republic ship would be over 4000 years old, and yet people give the Falcon a hell of a time and it's not even 100.

Unless Republic shipmaking doctrine didn't change after the Jedi Civil War and they kept producing these until like Darth Bane.

>mfw you can buy a statue of the original Vader costume

The rebels were raiding the scrapyards at this point. I imagine and a ship kept 'mothballed' properly is as good as it was when it was retired. Upgrade the avionics a little and do some maintenance and now you have another midsized ship in the fleet.

>that way that mouth section stretches out

Sheev is hung like a Clydesdale. Vader needed extra room to suck on the dark side.

Reminder that Disney allowed a Darth Revan action figure to be released alongside the Rogue One wave of toys.

Is this proof that we may get a KOTOR movie adaption one day?

I can believe that technology has plateaued in the Star Wars universe. I can also believe that the hammerhead design profile is efficient enough for whatever reason that it's been reused for thousands of years with internal tech improvements.

They mentioned a bunch of project names that sounded familiar when they were looking for the plans. Did anyone catch them all?

I would be surprised if they didn't bring back Revan in some way, he has normalfag appeal.

Yeah, that works. Really fires off the neurons, all of the abandoned ships across the galaxy after 25,000 years of hyperspace exploration and conflict.

I need a Bastila and Carth figure

I know the books aren't canon anymore, but are the games still in the lore?

I can see Disney bringing Revan into a standalone spin off where they change the story of KOTOR which is fine.

I just want a Revan movie with that amazing plot twist. Don't care if they have to change the main characters or story line.

They just need to find directors and writers that accept everything Star Wars has to offer. They made a mistake hiring JJ Abrams.

KoTOR had some of the best lore and really opened the universe, especially with regards to the strength of the Sith as an actual race and power, not just two dudes in control of mostly humans. A movie set during those conflicts would be kind of awesome. Mandalore was already falling apart by then.

>but are the games still in the lore?
No because The Force Unleashed isn't canon anymore.

Doesn't mean they can't pick some characters from the games and put them in spin offs.

Be cool to have Kyle Katarn and make it that he was almost going to be assigned to help recover the death star plans until they found out that Jyn existed and instead assigned him to take down some other Empire base and then we get a movie with him

The first 3 of those things were all in the canonical Clone Wars cartoon

If the Empire destroyed the last Jedi temple, where did luke get the crystal to make his green lightsaber? Only Siths use synthetic crystals and his saber wasn't red so we know he didn't use one of those. Had to be a real one. The large stockpiles were destroyed on the Deathstar when it blew up. I thought Jyn would leave hers with the resistance before the final battle and that would become Luke's eventually but she kept it. It got destroyed on Scarif.

EUfags care to explain?

>They made a mistake hiring JJ Abrams.
100% agree. Gareth Edwards was the best choice and I hope they bring him back for another movie

>Carth

My problem with Star Wars and how execs see it "pack everything into the time between Attack of the Clones and New Hope." So you end up with retcons upon retcons for every game, book, tv series, movie, etc. So Anakin ends up with a padawan and and sith apprentice and probably like three dozen more in 19 fucking years. You're realistically got 25,000 to play with and tons of interesting past conflicts and concepts, use them. Stop mashing everything into 22 years.

Don't you dare

Luke had Obi Wan's old notes and it stands to reason they would mention where to find crystals. It took him a great deal of time before he built a lightsaber and it was noticeably bulkier than any saber we've seen till that point.

Luke would have traveled to Ilum, if that's still canon, and it wasn't mined to make the Death Star. Luke was doing a lot of research between Empire and Jedi.

He has the blandness of Kyle Katarn while being as annoying as Dash Rendar.

>Gareth Edwards was the best choice
we have no idea what he actually produced as a final film. All we get to see is the master editting job Disney paid 5 Million for. You can tell by how many of the trailer scenes were cut out, I wouldn't be surprised if they cut out 20 minutes of forest whitaker and young jyn. You can tell that he's the kind of character you'd get tired of very quickly.

Why can't they do a movie a thousand years before Phantom Menace and explain more about the early Sith, using the game and book lore and basing it off KOTOR history etc?

That would make $500 million opening night

I always felt Chewie didn't get a medal because he's wasn't the captain of the Falcon. Everything was Han's call.

I was thinking they would use the original opening to ANH in R1. Where Vader spacewalks to the rebel ship and cuts the hull open with his saber and climbs aboard. I thought when the hallway on that ship at the end went black, that's what was about to happen. But then they just did force unleashed shit.

No one gives a fuck what you have to say tripfag.

Jolee is the best Kotor character and you all know it's true.

No it wouldn't, KOTOR and the EU at large is for fucking nerds. Normie appeal = $$$$$

>Additional editing by Stuart Baird

Trekfags will know what's up with this.

except in the original film the star destroyer chased the rebel ship through hyperspace to tatooine, so there is a small gap between the films

>we have no idea what he actually produced as a final film.
hmm sadly you are correct.

The original cut of the movie had so many more scenes that were cut and it is possible that Jyn may have survived or that she had a different death as she was trying to escape with Cassian in a ship (what I read online months ago) until Disney listened to test screen audiences that said it is better if they die while hugging on Scarif.

Either way: thank God we got the ending that we saw in the cinema which to me was absolutely perfect.

Yeah I know for a fact Forest Whitaker had lots more dialogue (just watch the trailers) and he probably had a monologue but Disney thought it was too boring so they cut him to only a cameo. Fair enough.

Don't underestimate the fan base

Some of the rebels wearing M1 helmets was an excellent prop choice.

they still could have used that idea though since ANH didn't.

These guys were great. I hope to see more of them, possibly making a cameo in the Young Han Solo movie?

No, but the Outrider was in the SE of ep4 and thus is canon because the SE bluray edit is the official timeline

LET'S GET DOWN TO BUSINESS
TO DEFEAT
THE SHEEVE

I can see it too. OT material is running thin. This trilogy is fucking shit and when finished I seriously don't think they'll keep going into the future (no big baddy anymore). Disney ain't ever, ever going to touch the PT. Only thing remaining is a prequel prequel trilogy. The Old Republic.

>YT-2000
>Has to be the Outrider

It's as canon as Darth Maul's robot legs.

They probably did cut for time, the film was running 2:15. Maybe the BD will have a director's cut.

Vader living in an evil castle on a lava planet is the best thing they've added to the lore since ROTJ

prove me wrong

>Alan is running in the background in his mocap suit

HOOOOOO FUUUUUUUUCK

>lava melts sand

what did edwards mean by this?

Literally a bunch of rocks.

Saw felt like Captain Feminism from the TFA. Really good design, semi interesting too (the way he had gone fucking crazy paranoid). It made little sense for me to kill him that quickly and damn was it quick.

>Disney ain't ever, ever going to touch the PT.
What makes you say that?

They showed Mustafar in Rogue One, Vader in the tank.

What I would freakin love is if they brought back Ewan McGreggor and reshot some footage of him with Hayden and then used that as flashbacks in a Darth Vader spin off movie.

What I mean is: reshoot some scenes from Revenge of the Sith with better dialogue compared to what Lucas gave them by getting the same actors back (including Natalie Portman) and then edit those into a Darth Vader spin off movie filled with flashbacks about Anakin.

So basically: they will be retconning bits of the PT but filming new scenes for it with better dialogue and then Hayden will get his fame of actually shining in Star Wars and all the Hayden fans will be glad he is back as well as seeing an actually non CGI fight with Obi Wan and Anakin.

THIS IS WHAT I WANT DISNEY TO MAKE!

Clone Wars and Rebels is canon

he built the castle on Mustafar near where Obi-wan betrayed him so that he might never forget how trusting someone destroyed his life

>You know what would be cool? Someone to animate a standalone A New Hope movie based off the original concept drawings with the original Vader costume design.

Those initial concept drawings made by Ralph McQuarrie are for the much earlier Starkiller version of the script from the early/mid 1970s that was basically Hidden Fortress in Space, and Lucas recycled this material into Phantom Menace.

Dark Horse Comics a few years ago published an adaptation of this initial script.

The few people that have actually seen her draft say its not very good.
Empire is based on Lawrence Kasden writing a script from Lucas outline, and then Lucas doing a rewrite of that. Plus some improvising on set.

I have a hardon for non-Stormtrooper Imperial troops.

>Disney execs look at this guy and laugh

Sure.

>and Lucas recycled this material into Phantom Menace.
No wonder I loved Phantom Menace's story so much. It had that older adventurous legend feel

Fuck Carth man he's a whiney bitch

I do love Bastila though.

Wasn't there a rumor going around of a Netflix KotOR series? It could be great if done right and with proper funding.

You can't. Its in the archive of her papers at some college. Only a handful have and they say it wasn't good and none of the material was used.
Lucas gave her the credit out of respect for her and her influence and because she died of cancer before it came out.

Why do you not like my opinion of bringing back the actors of Episode 3 and reshooting scenes and dialogue and non CGI green screen backgrounds?

You are insane to think this is a bad idea.

FOR ONCE we will get actually good prequel content that can be incorporated in a Darth Vader flash back movie.

>Crashing this franchise. . . with no survivors!

I love Kyle Katarnno homo

I have a huge nostalgia boner for Dark Forces 1 and 2.

Although I agree Carth a shit.

>Wasn't there a rumor going around of a Netflix KotOR series?
I heard they were going to do a Darth Maul series

>tfw they were going to do a Darth Maul game but cancelled it
>tfw Darth Maul still hasn't appeared as a cameo in the new films despite him being alive as the clone wars series shows
Is he the most cucked character in Star Wars?

Disney did say at some point, and Ewan did as well, that they wanted to do more with Obi Wan's character.

I wouldn't mind if they pulled from some of the material from the Clone Wars and Rebel tv series to make a spin off movie about Obi Wan confronting Darth Maul again in his older age.

This was the birth of Vader. In the adventures of star killer Vader boards the ship via eva. So McQuarrie drew this as Vaders pressure suit. When Lucas saw it and the the helmet he busted a nut and began rewriting everything around it.

There was some Jedi temple in that city and they guarded it but everyone they were guarding got killed I guess, who knows why the Empire just let them hang around chilling outside the place they probably killed hundreds while defending we'll never know.

All sabers were originally white and when that McQuarrie was done everyone was using them in the story and there was no force, Lucas added colours to tell them apart

They're probably saving him to be the final boss of the Boba Fett movie or some shit. Might as well throw all the fanpleaser characters together.

>That republic ship would be over 4000 years old, and yet people give the Falcon a hell of a time and it's not even 100.
Both of these statements are wrong.
>Is this proof that we may get a KOTOR movie adaption one day?
No. It's called making a quick buck.
>I can believe that technology has plateaued in the Star Wars
This is only true in the EU, not Nu Canon.
>Only Siths use synthetic crystals and his saber wasn't red so we know he didn't use one of those.
Not canon anymore.
>if that's still canon,
It is
>and it wasn't mined to make the Death Star.
It was

They are also this movie's R2-D2 and C3PO who were like the two peasants in the hidden fortress, and it's cool because this tie they're both asian guys like in hidden fortress.

The pacing and plot of this movie is fucking retarded. They're both bad.

>make a spin off movie about Obi Wan confronting Darth Maul again in his older age.
Change Darth Maul to Darth Jar Jar

>Vader sends Fett to destroy Maul once and for all
Very likely

damn it's like star wars rebels took their whole animation style just from that mask.

>HURR DURR THERE ISN'T ENOUGH FAST PACED ACTION
I hated the way JJ Abrams made Force Awakens. It was not Star Wars at all

hmmm

In the old EU you could use any kind of crystal within reason.

Like Corran Horn was posing as a mercenary and the leader of the mercenaries really liked and tried to woo him with jewels and stuff, and he ended up making his lightsaber with one of those and a speeder bike handle as the main housing.

Lightsaber lore is disappointing me in the current cannon.

I want Rey or Finn to go somewhere in the next movie and with no warning Darth Jarious is there and attacks one of them. No warning, no hints, no further nods to the prequels. Just random Darth Jarious being killed in self defense. I think Disney can pull it off without ruining immersion. And the only reason you know it's Jar Jar is he says one thing in a grim but still broken grammar voice. "Yoosa will die now stupid Jedi"