Was this a mistake?

Was this a mistake?

Other urls found in this thread:

telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/theroyalfamily/9412600/Dutch-royal-family-overtake-Britains-as-most-expensive-in-Europe.html)
thermidormag.com/suppressed-identity-the-kingdom-of-the-two-sicilies/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrone
youtube.com/watch?v=OMgRI8huDeE
youtube.com/watch?v=tael1JC2X_U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No as in we had the most incompetent Royal family and it was only fair to boot them forever as what came next couldn't be much better with Savoia
Yes as it clearly showed that the North and the South are two different entities that really don't belong in the same State
Also
>Republic established
>Monarchy restored
We were a monarchy at the time so it's incorrect

What's the point having a monarchy which doesn't hold any actual power?

Quite a tragic occurrence.

Sad!

Tradition. They travel around the world to visit governments and other royalty and act sort of as promotion for the country. Also they generate some amount of tourism.

Doesn't really make up for how much it costs though.

No. the kingdom of italy was a fraud anyway.

You should return to your doges.

Our king is a warrior, the protector of the Swedish folk.

AYOO HOL
SO YOU BE SAYIN
WE IZ ITALIYAN STANDARDS N SHIEEEET?

Based Terrones

>French monarchist
Say goodbye to your head

AVE SAN MARCO!

Monarchy is always superior to a republic.

king on the right, meh

you don't know the pain of being a superhuman masterrace venetian and be included in the same category of SHITalians

>The wealthiest, most educated and most intelligent part of the country wants a form of governance where state competences are exerted for the people, of the people and by the people
>The most impoverished, least educated and least intelligent part of the country wants a form of governance where the entire nation is run by some kind of daddy figure because thinking for yourself is just too gosh-darned hard and no king ever did anything wrong

Monarchists in general are sad, but French monarchists are a special brand of pathetic.

sounds pretty good to me

>Monarchists in general are sad, but French monarchists are a special brand of pathetic.

How so?

Why were there so many loyalists?

being cathlicucks was a mistake

Because the entire French Revolution (and the Revolution after that, and the Revolution after THAT) was based on the utter incompetence of the French monarchy, which was time and again offered a new chance by the French people.

Fool me once, shame on you
Fool me twice, shame on me
Fool me thrice, I might just be retarded
Fool me four times and you might as well just start pissing in my mouth because I clearly enjoy being degraded

French monarchy had its ups and its downs.

It's just sad they couldn't get their shit together after Louis XIV's death...

>for the people, of the people and by the people

Nice meme lad, 0/10 would not decapitate my king again

>the utter incompetence of the French monarchy
Wat

How was it more incompetent than the Republic who ruined us financially in a few years, genocided a whole region, send us into deadly wars, and destroyed the bases of our society forever lol

>Fool me four times and you might as well just start pissing in my mouth because I clearly enjoy being degraded
Did the French invent watersports?

>It's just sad they couldn't get their shit together after Louis XIV's death...
Because it refused to adapt.

>How was it more incompetent than the Republic who ruined us financially in a few years
That was the monarchy. French bankrupcy didn't come from involvement in the American war of Independence per say (it also nearly bankrupted Britain) but because the status quo was utterly incapable of levying sufficient taxes and reforming the financial system sufficiently to fill French coffers once again.

>Genocided a whole region
It was as much a "genocide" as Louis XIV's war against the Fronde.

>Send [sic] us into deadly wars
1. Every single coalition war was declared by a foreign power, not the French Republic nor the Empire
2. All of it could've been avoided if Louis XVI (whom the French initially didn't want dead) wasn't caught with his fingers in the cookiejar, trying to convince the Austrians to invade his own fucking country because he didn't like the new constitution.

>And destroyed the bases of our society forever
What's that supposed to mean? You actually enjoy the idea of someone being able to overrule your rights and suffrage because of an accident of birth?

>It was as much a "genocide" as Louis XIV's war against the Fronde
At least 200,000 killed in Vendée, in a Rwanda-tier genocide committed by the French Republic against its own citizens? No? Really don't see the problem?

Rest of your post is as uninformed or biased as this tbqh.

>per say
you're retarded

not that this is uncommon for republicans...

>A civil war is a genocide
>Conveniently leave out that 25% of the casualties were republicans

>I have nothing intelligent to say, so I'll just point out a clear and obvious typo rather than form counterarguments

Formal logic is a Greek, Republican innovation so I'm not surprised.

The mistake was to unite Italy under the kingdom of Sardinia

How can South Italy be so fucked up if their ancestors created the Roman Empire?

Italy really is two countries that somebody slapped together as a joke. Pretty much every graphic I see about Italy shows this huge north-south divide.

Doge times where good

>it's not nice to fight back when you're being genocided lol

How are you enjoying your Dutch monarchy btw? Not too hard? Do you need help?

Rome is central Italy though, and unlike the Kingdom of Two Sicilies actually considered part of Italia since medieval times.

>Genocide
I don't think that means what you think it means.

>How are you enjoying your Dutch monarchy btw?
Pretty shit. Supposedly we have the most expensive monarchy in the world (telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/theroyalfamily/9412600/Dutch-royal-family-overtake-Britains-as-most-expensive-in-Europe.html) and we keep throwing the taxpayer's money at them rather than investing it in our crumbling healthcare system (especially the elderly have it hard) or strengthening the police (recently there was a newsreport where it was stated a lot of police stations simply ignore reports and complaints because they don't have enough manpower to treat all cases). Makes you wonder how much safer we could've been if all the money we throw at a bunch of inbreds was invested in the police force instead.

We are one of the few real countries of Europe.

>this map
how is this index even calculated?

quasi feudal society in the XIXth century, the gold taken from the Bourbon kings was used to finance the industrialization of the northwest of Italy instead of the south.

Actually the oldest part of Italy is the south.
then comes the center, then the north, then the islands.
And the kingdom of the two sicilies was always considered part of Italy.

thermidormag.com/suppressed-identity-the-kingdom-of-the-two-sicilies/

that is way more than a simple typo and you know it

>hurr durr follow muh rules
fuck off autist
we've already established that you are retarded so why would I debate with you?

>that is way more than a simple typo and you know it
Why would a Dutchmen spell the word "se" according to the English pronunctuation that doesn't exist in Dutch other than by simple mistake? Your explanation is incredibly complex and has no more explanatory power than the simpler one, it just happens to fit into your narrative.

>hurr durr follow muh rules
Where did I say, or even imply, that? In fact, that's the monarchist argument: the king is to be obeyed, regardless of the legitimacy of his power. The king is the king because he's the king.

The money wouldn't be invested in the police or in healthcare, not even in a thousand lifetimes. It would simply finance the billionaire lifestyle of random Republican apparatchiks, and corruption of course. Look up what's happening in the French Republic.

This picture (on the right is Anne Hidalgo, the mayor of Paris) tells you everything you need to know on our Republic.

*a Dutchman
Allow me to correct myself before this typo feeds even more conspiracy theories.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrone

Why is this?

And there was an attempt to eliminate the whole population of Vendée, it's not even debatable. In France we're talking about "le génocide vendéen". It's not something I just made up to win an online argument.

>A cherrypicked snapshot proves a point
Shall I compare the cars of Hollande and Elizabeth (a Bentley limousine and a Citroën hatchback in case you're curious)? I'd say that's less of a non-argument than who holds her own umbrella (though admittedly still a non-argument).

Venice is such an elder-god tier city. Please secede with Trieste to form Adriatic city-states.

Also nuke Mestre

>And there was an attempt to eliminate the whole population of Vendée, it's not even debatable.
Prove it.

>In France we're talking about "le génocide vendéen"
"We" is a handful of controversial historians who were widely criticized for this statement even within France and are widely deemed to be a minority among French historians, let alone historians in general. And even by their own standards, this idea of an "ideological genocide" doesn't even fit the definition of genocide put forward by the UN. To call it a genocide you need to play such semantic games that you might as well call your lack of valid arguments an intellectual genocide.

the fact that you never came across the latin phrase "per se" in written form in your entire life gives away the fact that you're an illiterate retard

also I looked it up and it's spelled the exact same way in dutch
>Where did I say, or even imply, that?
you assume that I want to have some kind of formal debate with you even though all your knowledge on the topic comes straight from Sup Forums...lol fuck off

>the fact that you never came across the latin phrase "per se" in written form in your entire life
That's a lot of assuming you're doing there, mate.

>also I looked it up and it's spelled the exact same way in dutch
Correct. What is your point? Or did you miss the point I was making, that "se" and "say" aren't homophones in Dutch?

>even though all your knowledge on the topic comes straight from Sup Forums
You mean the far right board that loves all forms of authoritarianism, including monarchism?

they also love libertarianism and le molyneux memes

I think you would fit right in

>all developed capitalist regions vote Republic
>all regions cucked by Monarchy vote for Monarchy

Why haven't we allowed the South to stay with its king?

You most Serene friends
VIVA IL GONFALONE!

Captcha: lion

Shared last names don't even cut the deal because they just highlight paternal lineage... Not maternal ties.

This study is cucked because: South really has nepotism... Yet regions such as Sardinia don't really have nepotism. It's just nobody wants to live there and all. Academics are locals.

>Academicians are all locals in Sardinia

Not really

>cherrypicked
The French president officially costs €100,000,000 per year, that's like three times your whole royal family (which is Europe's most expensive). And we're just talking about the president. How funny is that?

>yeah but they're actual leaders m8 lol
So that explains why the president's hairdresser costs €10,000 monthly (Hollande), why the mayor of Paris eats €700 worth of food every day (Chirac), etc. That is Saudi-tier spending, "for the people and by the people" obviously.

>Prove it.
Read_a_fucking_book_nigger.jpeg

Sicilian has much less consanguinity than Sicily

>how is this index even calculated?
If you doubt this map, you are a filthy Southerner... A wog. And I'll enlighten your African brain with some knowledge.

Maybe you are surprised Milan ranks low in corruption. Aren't all Milanese as shoes?
Indeed, they are. Yet most of their embezzled funds go through the South first.

On top of that, the South is corrupted at all layers of society. I'll explain
>all of Italy has corruption at the top of society
However, talking everyday transactions
>the worst thing you get at the North is a retailer occasionally not issuing a receipt
>instead, corruption is so endemic in the South you cannot even afford basic services or goods or things such as mailing a parcel without "inside knowledge", "exchanges of favours" or something similar.

Now, this is cancer.
It helped built societies like Rome, which was based on exchanges of favours but nowadays it's an old system to be scrapped.

Most

???

god I wish I had an italian gf, I'd do anything...

Not only I'm from Veneto, I'm probably way smarter than you. In fact I find your chimp out quite entertaining.

I haven't said I doubted the map. Now answer my question or shut up.

UEEEE UAGLIO FUMMO BORBONI E MERDA

youtube.com/watch?v=OMgRI8huDeE

show some respect to new romania

where did everything go so wrong

>romania
>rome
They're just taking what's rightfully theirs

>romania
>roma

Have the gypsies spread there?

Lion people are good merchants. I can't wait to see all those Venetians ships in our harbor.

OSTREGA

where do you think their nepotism comes from

Phoenicians were nepotists?

they were after rome got a hold of them

hell nepotism is what ended the republic and started the empire in the first place

Phoenicians penetrated well beyond the coasts they had cities well inside the Campidano plain such as Sirai and Pani Loriga, though most of the citizens were obviously native Sardinians

phoenicians were shit whenever they couldnt see water, they relied on the sea for their livelihoods

Sardinians were the vast majority on the island, they couldnt be tamed for hundreds of years, they had a reputation well into the fall of rome as worthless slaves, since most of the time they would kill their master as soon as they possibly could

its why they speak the closest thing to Latin even thousands of years later

Sardinians didn't really need to be tamed, they coexisted with the Phoenicians from Tyre in the cities along the coasts and plains, considering Sardinians already were settled people and most "Phoenician" cities originated from earlier Nuragic settlements and port towns, it was the Carthaginians who tried to be imperialistic around the 6th-5th century bc, the first waves of Phoenicians were rather peaceful and the current archaeologists who are working on Sardo/Phoenician sites in Sardinia think that they cooperated and traded using the same ships with a mixed crew

youtube.com/watch?v=tael1JC2X_U

go to 2:30:00, that guy gives an interesting lecture about the topic

Whatever Italy once was it no longer is. It is now a romanian, morrocan, Albanian Muslim, refugee shithole.