Rogue One
Attack of the Clones
Revenge of the Sith
A New Hope
The Phantom Menace
The Empire Strike Backs
The Force Awakens
Return of the Jedi

I think this is the objective order, how do you view it from your perspective?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jHtiEi52KPY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

From best to worst
R1>V>IV>VI>III>TFA>II>I

Attack of the Clones
Phantom Menace
Revenge of the Sith
Rogue One
Force Awakens
A New Hope
Empire Strikes Back
Return of the Jedi

I know a lot of people are kinda down on Jedi, bit it's always been my favourite. Mostly for the confrontation between Luke, Vader and Sheev.

Empire Strikes Back
Rogue One
Phantom Menace no JarJar cut
evetything else

Worst
Phantom Menace
Attack of the Clones
Revenge of the Sith
Force Awakens.
Return of the Jedi
Rogue One
A New Hope
Empire Strikes Back.

Your order is dumb as fuck. How is ewoks and a rehash better then the Empire strikes back.

>ESB worst

>ROTJ best

>R1 best
Is OP proxyfag samefagging?

>Phantom Menace no JarJar cut
Is this a thing?

>The non-manchild version without nostalgia:

1. Empire Strikes Back
2. A New Hope
3. Return of the Jedi
4. Revenge of the Sith
5. Attack of the Clones
6. The Phantom Menace

POWERGAP (Every pre-Disney game and Clone Wars show, some of the EU)

55. Rogue 1
56. TFA

FROM MY POINT OF VIEW

Attack of the Clones
Phantom Menace
Revenge of the Sith
Everything else about Return of the Jedi
The Force Awakens
Rogue One
Just the space battle in Return of the Jedi
A New Hope
Empire

Empire Strikes Back
Return of the Jedi
A New Hope
Rogue One
The Force Awakens
Phantom Menace
Caravan of Courage
Revenge of the Sith
Attack of the Clones

Simple instructions, you fucking idiots.

Really? ESB worst?

I wonder who wins that 4v4. I think I'd take Sith cause Obi Wan is old as shit and Qui Gon is really weak.

t. George Lucas

How is a film with no real characters better than Jedi?

If you don't realize that Rogue one and TFA are beyond shit then you know nothing about cinema.

>Luke and Vader are the same height
Could you fuck up any more than this?

I am sure you know better than critics and the intelligentsia, user.

>3 rupees has been deposited to your account

Rogue one was retarded. They rehashed another fucking snarky droid, Nothing even happens because the movie is so god damn short, I don't even give a shit about any of the characters except for that blind guy and the ending sucked. CGI Tarkin and Leia weren't bad , and Vader didn't suck, but god damn there was so much unnecessary bullshit. Also wtf was that trailer? Why did they have random bullshit that didn't even happen? It's just too many things that didn't make sense or need to happen and a small time period to peace it all together with.

The Phantom Edit and The Anti-Cheese edits

>I have no education on or intuitive grasp of film criticism so I assume that no one else does and that it's all a Jewish ploy to push a Marxist narrative onto honest white folk

If anything I'd say the movie is too long, but I do agree with you about the characters. The ending was great, though, senpai, even if the Leia scene was very awkward.
And it wouldn't really be Star Wars without a snarky droid.

The Sheev Awakens < Sheev One < Attack of the Sheev < The Phantom Sheev < Return of the Sheev < Revenge of the Sheev < A New Sheev < Sheev Strikes Back

Closest one in this thread to being correct, although I'd switch Phantom Menace and Clones. Unbelievable that there's still people that think products as breathtakingly cynical as RO and especially TFA are in any way acceptable let alone better than any real star wars stuff, even the prequels

>correct
You might want to re-read OP's post, user.

The 'intelligentsia' couldn't find its ass if it looked with both hands, what a terrible fucking argument. God, I really wish Ebert had been alive to say what needed to be said about TFA instead of that travesty getting passed off as anything but a fucking disgrace.

How are RO and TFA at all cynical?

Rogue One is one of the best SW films.

Plebians don't understand

It was long, but the time frame was too short is what I was getting at. Even though it has such a long run time the whole thing is like 3-4 days, isn't it? It doesn't do much to make me give a shit, to be honest. The ending was okay, but I didn't care about the characters so it made it bad. If the characters were good I would've loved the ending, but in the end I only really cared that k2so died, even if he was another god damn snarky droid, I still liked him. I also rather liked the force awakens, only problem with that was Rey being mary sue to be honest

IV > V > VI >R1 > VII > III > I > II

>Rate these movies from best to worst
>mfw none of the movies hold up for their runtime

Every film has it's moments, but none of them are particularly good films. New Hope is probably the best if only because it seems to have an actual beginning and conclusion.

So fuck it, since they're all garbage I'll rank my favorite moment from each film, one per film, best to worst...

>Return/Throne Room
>Revenge/High Ground
>Empire/Hoth Battle
>New Hope/Trench Run
>Clones/Natalie's Midriff
>Phantom/Natalie's Smile
>Awakens/???

TFA was literally a remake of ANH, except brought into existence by group that don't give a fuck about Star Wars itself beyond the merchandising possibilities, designed by committee to feature a woman who don't need no man and a black guy as the protagonists for modern sensibilities, then handed off to the biggest corporate mercenary in the business in JJ Abrams to direct. It's not just cynical, it might well be the most cynical fucking thing Hollywood has ever produced. It's breathtaking.

In my opinion?
Empire Strikes Back > A New Hope > Rogue One > Return of the Jedi > Revenge of the Sith > The Force Awakens > Attack of the Clones = The Phantom Menace

This. Disney movies are just cash grab flick remakes. Yes the prequels are shit and wanted to push toys, but at the end of the day atleast they weren't just remakes

Actually Switch rogue one out for return of the jedi in their respective places.
and put TFA at the end.

>Awakens/???
I got you youtube.com/watch?v=jHtiEi52KPY

>i-it's okay if the prequels were shitty cash grabs since they weren't remakes!
You fucking Lucas cucks are the worst. Not to mention R1 is more unique than every single prequel.

I'm not even a prequel cuck I'll concede they were shit but atleast Lucas didn't turn star wars into space Cape shit

>atleast Lucas didn't turn star wars into space Cape shit
Did you even watch the prequels? He practically invented capeshit by focusing on intense CGI action scenes instead of emotionally driven conflicts. Look at fucking Yoda jumping around like Mario.

If anything, I blame the prequels for inventing shitty CGI action scenes being the only reason people wanted to see the movies.

Best to Worst
1. Revenge of the Sith
2. Return of the Jedi
3. Rogue One
4. Empire Strikes Back
5. The Force Awakens
6. The Phantom Menace
7. A New Hope
8. Attack of the Clones

>from worst to best
II > I > VII = III > R1 = VI > IV > V

>Best to Worst
>1. Revenge of the Sith

No its not. Prequels had heart, good characters/actors, memorable and even great moments. Fantastic soundtrack.

TFA and Rogue 1 have nothing, NOTHING.

Dooku talking with imprisoned Obi-Wan has more gravitas and depth than all the disney wars flicks combined.

They came in a triple installment. Disney is turning star wars into a yearly thing.

>TFA was literally a remake of ANH
This is an exaggeration, but okay. Lots of throwbacks. Blatant attempts, some successful and some disastrous, to capture the old magic. I think most of us can look past that.

>brought into existence by group that don't give a fuck about Star Wars itself beyond the merchandising possibilities
What makes you think this is true other than preconceptions about Disney and the industry in general?

>designed by committee to feature a woman who don't need no man and a black guy as the protagonists for modern sensibilities
This is just stupid and problematic desu.

>Abrams
A professed Star Wars fan and a decent director. He was the obvious choice considering how much his Trek films wanted to be Star Wars.

>>i-it's okay if the prequels were shitty cash grabs since they weren't remakes!
They weren't just shitty cash grabs, Lucas legitimately had a story he wanted to tell which he alluded to during the entire original trilogy. George Lucas clearly gave a fuck about Star Wars beyond just the merchandising and money, whether you choose to believe that or not. TFA is simply nothing. It is a complete nothing. It's an eye-wateringly perfect, crystaline example of everything wrong with the modern movie business. When I said it was breathtaking I wasn't using hyperbole. Once you grasp the absolute extent of its soullessness it really will knock the wind out of you if you give a shit about movies in even the most basic way. I think George even offered to mock up a script for them and they just threw it away. They didn't give a SHIT, user.

Sorry, I'm not feeling it. As much as I like the X-Wing visual, the blatant plot armor of Finn, Chewie and Solo takes me right out of it. There's no tension, and even if there were these are 3 characters I feel absolutely nothing for. I almost wish they had died in this scene.

I mean since when does the Emp- FIRST ORDER take PoWs? They eradicated the population of two villages and killed some old guy who was presumably a close ally of the Resistence. Why didn't they take that guy hostage?

Stupid scene. Terrible movie.

It would be hard to film a Christopher Lee scene without a great deal of gravitas, although Lucas sure tried.

HAHAHA

Good characters? It had some of the worst characters in history. Qui Gon, Anakin, Jar Jar, Padme (aside from eye candy), the list goes on. Just fucking terrible. Even great actors like Christopher Lee and Samuel L Jackson couldn't save their characters from being boring as fuck. Memorable moments like funny dying droid noises? Or webm related?

The only thing they had was soundtrack which is entirely John William's doing.

Face it, you're blinded by nostalgia.

>tfw too intelligent to enjoy Disney Star Wars

I wish I could be as dumb and gullible as some of you.

>George Lucas clearly gave a fuck about Star Wars beyond just the merchandising and money, whether you choose to believe that or not.
There's so many videos of him saying things that prove you wrong. Why do you think Mace Windu was cast? To get the black demographic. Why do you think C3PO went from bare parts to silver? So he could sell more droid toys. Episode 1 is also completely irrelevant to the rest of the sequels. Seriously. You could omit it entirely and nothing would change. It has zero relevance to either trilogy's story.

I'm not saying TFA is great. But at least it massively cut back on the pure "look a new toy!". And completely cut cringe dialogue and droid dying sounds.

>

>This is an exaggeration, butokay. Lots of throwbacks. Blatant attempts, some successful and some disastrous, to capture the old magic. I think most of uscan look past that.

Its only barely an exaggeration. The stories are essentially the same but done in a less memorable way.

>What makes you think this is true other than preconceptions about Disney and the industry in general?

they make the movies function of nostalgia and are making yearly installments like Cape shit tier stuff

>designed by committee to feature a woman who don't need no man and a black guy as the protagonists for modern sensibilities This is just stupid and problematic /s> desu.

I'll concede this is more of a meme

>>Abrams
> A professed Star Wars fan and
> a decent director. He was the
> obvious choice considering how
> much his Trek films wanted to
> be Star Wars.

Well he fucked up
Nigger no one is nostalgic for the prequels. They were shit compared to the old movies and everyone will admit this. But this is a different point. Lucas did give a shit about star wars and while his autism did ruin them they are unique stories. They were movies as to the flicks we get now

I don't. I often wish I was unpretentious enough to enjoy some simpler things but to enjoy something as transparently soulless as nu-Star Wars you'd require a serious, SERIOUS brain injury. I'm not kidding.

The entire point of tfa and Rogue one is to reintroduce toys that have been shoved under the rug in favor of prequel shit in the last 15 years

>THERES A DEATH STAR
>YOU HAVE FORCE POWERS, PROTAG
>WE GOTTA DESTROY THE DEATH STAR
>CMON HAN, CHEWY AND PROTAG WE GOT THIS
>I AM YOUR FAMILY MEMBER TWISTY TWIST
>WOO WE DESTROYED THE DEATH STAR
>Sidequest: Find Jedi Master

Let's be honest it's 80% ANH and 20% ESB

This but I think II was worse than I.

If Lucas gave a shit about the prequels he wouldn't have made them contradict the OT.

Mido-chlorins
Darth Vader C3P0 memory loss
C3PO never getting gold.
Obi-Wan C3PO, R2-D2 memory loss.
Obi-Wan "your father would have wanted you to have this" (inb4 from a certain point of view!)
Zero mention of Luke's mother
Leia remembering her mother (although I guess you could fault RoTJ for this)
I really could go on and on.

Actually missed R1 being best are you high? I'd place it after IV.

best to worst
V>IV>VI>R1=III----POWERGAP--->II=I>VII

Darth fucking Vader's origin, Obi Wan Kenobi's teacher, the peek into the decline of the republic the empire usurped, you didn't think these things were meaningful and gave greater context and flesh to the overarching story? All that shit aside, I feel crazy even having to insist that George fucking Lucas cares about Star Wars more than Disney exec fucks who just bought the property so they could pump out yearly releases and milk it fucking dry. I'm actually getting a little agitated. What the fuck?

I'm the one without nostalgia. Only a complete idiot would think TFA and Rogue 1 are good.

Obi-Wan, Windu, Sheev, Dooku, Grievous, Maul, Yoda, even Anakin as a gullible, emotionally unstable psycho is better than all TFA and Rogue 1 characters.

Even the bit parts are more intriguing, like Kamino ay lmaos, Jango Fett, the separatist leaders etc.

What's wrong with "Your father would have wanted you to have this"?

>Lucas legitimately had a story he wanted to tell which he alluded to during the entire original trilogy
Did he really? Because there is a very large disconnect between the OT, in which the Jedi are an ancient religion, the Clone Wars are implied to have no connection to the Empire, and C3PO wasn't built by the Dark Lord of the Sith, and the PT.

IV > V > R1 = VI > VII > III > I > II

80% of this is minor nitpicking

Obi Wans teacher? You mean the most bland and idiotic character in the sage? Face it, Lucas sold out to toys completely in the prequels. Greivious is nothing but a cool action figure.

The only good character you listed was Sheev.

Every other character was either bland as fuck or assassinated compared to the OT.

I dare you to go rewatch Episode 2 and try to sit through those awful Anakin/Padme scenes.

What does that even mean? Would you tell anyone in real life that "Empire Strikes Back has no characters" and expect them to know what the fuck you're saying?

>Windu, Dooku, Grievous, Maul, even Anakin as a gullible, emotionally unstable psycho is better than all TFA and Rogue 1 characters.
I removed the actual good ones because they're impressions of characters established in better films.

But he clearly wanted to tell a story since he released Empire as number 5, it's not as if he finished jedi and years later decided he would milk the product again, you don't release 4-6 unless you intend to release 1-3

His point still stands no matter how much it pisses you off. Maul alone is ten times more memorable than all new characters in Disney Wars combined and that's WITH their fucking marketing trying to convince you these goofs matter and you should definitely buy their toys.

>Maul alone is ten times more memorable than all new characters in Disney Wars combined
If you're trying to tell me Maul was a more developed character than literally all of the characters in the Disney SW films, we've nothing to discuss.

Of course he always planned to make a prequel trilogy, and he always maintained, long before Episode I even came out, that Anakin was crippled by Obi-Wan on a lava planet, but that's pretty much the only thing he had established back then. Everything else in the prequel trilogy he seems to have made up on a whim.

They are indeed bad. But they are only like 7-10 minutes total?. Rogue 1 and TFA are 2+ hours worth of Anakin/Padme tier shittiness.

Contrived, inauthentic, soulless, bad acting. I will never watch either one of them again.

>Obi Wans teacher? You mean the most bland and idiotic character in the sage? Face it, Lucas sold out to toys completely in the prequels.
'Face it' is not an argument. Qui Gon's chafing under the Jedi Order contextualizes Dooku who contextualizes nearly everybody else. If Grievous is 'just a cool action figure' what the fuck would you call a nothing character like that female guard captain the marketing pumped up? They just wanted to sell silver armor storm trooper variants with her for fuck's sake.

No one said anything about development , just memorability.

I and a friend couldn't remember rey's name a week's feed watching the movie.

Sure this is an anecdote but you'd never forget qui gon anakin or even fucking jar jar

Why would Darth Vader want his son to become a Jedi? "From my point of view, the Jedi are evil".

Great argument. I'll list some more.

Why doesn't Obi Wan remember Leia? He was there for her birth.
When Obi Wan first met Anakin he was 10, not already a great pilot.
Chewie knows Yoda yet this is never mentioned in the OT.
Obi Wan said he learned from Yoda but he didn't. He learned from Qui Gon

The thing about plot inconsistencies, they're always there. But when you have a lot of them, it shows a lack of attention to the script. A lack of attention to the script shows a lack of care. Just get it done who cares how it is, sell sell sell.

A new hope is 10/10 and the only one I'd watch again. The last 5 are 3/10 or less

R1

objectively the best list

Lucas legit didn't know Vader was Luke's father when he made the first movie, user. Shit develops in a creator's mind.

Nothing is as bad as Anakin Padme scenes. Stop it.

My entire point is Lucas didn't give a shit about the prequels. This is plainly obvious. Disney isn't much better but at least their movies are better.

The whole argument was hinged on prequel characters being "better" than the those in the Disney films.

Looking cool isn't really a good metric of a character's worth. Queue Boba Fett.

TPM
AOTC
ROTS
TFA
ROTJ
ANH
R1
ESB

No, but I'd expect that someone on a board dedicated to film could maybe infer that I mean they're shallow, inauthentic characters that are driven by the plot rather than the other way around. This isn't true for Empire. I loved Rogue One, honestly, but as consistently entertaining as it was it never reached and could never reach the high points of Jedi.

>My entire point is Lucas didn't give a shit about the prequels.
Oh. Then you're just wrong. I don't know why we're even talking then when you unironically hold such a meme-tier opinion.

Wow. Truly wow.

I did not know it was possible to have such an absolute shit taste. I mean, you even put 7 before 4, even though 7 is a shitty knock off of 4

AOTC
TPM
TFA
RO
ROTS
ROTJ
ANH
ESB

>ignores all my arguments
>y-you're just wrong
Keep sucking Lucas's cock. That's the main reason he got away with having such a shit prequel.

Holy shit do you even understand what Obi wan was trying to accomplish? Because it sounds like you can't comprehend it. Obi wan references anakin as his father not Vader, because he knows underneath anakin is a good guy. All of this was apart of an intricate plan to bring balance back to the force.

Canon ratings

V>IV>VI>III>VII>R1>I>II

>7 above 4
you may be retarded

They are both shit series but the prequels are far less shitty because there was a unique story to be told along with a Jewish cash grab vs a pure Jewish cash grab

Ya, and to add proof to that. C3p0 having a random red arm for no reason at all, just to sell toys different from the ones people already own. Also, captain phasma

Rey scenes are. She can't fucking act and her character is on par with Jar Jar. Her being the ugliest lead actress in years adds insult to injury.

true it probably changed a lot but I bet if you outlined your idea for a story today and then actually wrote it 20 years from now you would have changed your mind about a lot of it too

Obi-Wan explains that he was referring to Anakin, not Darth Vader, they were each other's only close friend for 10-15 years, of course he remembers Anakin as his friend

He clearly did care, he cares about star wars.its his child, did you see how devastated he looked when he said they threw out all of his guidance in tfa?

What arguments? You're shrieking about merchandising and what a shitty writer Lucas is as if I ever denied either was true, but, again, implying the creator of this entire universe doesn't care about it more than some faceless Disney suits that bought it solely to milk it with yearly releases is so breathtakingly stupid I legitimately don't know what to say to you. Good luck I guess.

I already covered that in my post
>inb4 from a certain point of view

Can't act != cringe. I'd rather watch Rey then watch Jar-Jar, creepy Anakin, 10 year old Anakin or one more second of funny droid dying noises.

>people buy c3po toys

Lucas cared when he first made the OT. Then he completely sold out. Even if he did care, it doesn't make it better. Selling out someone you care about is worse than selling out someone you don't.