Favourite/ Best movie of 2016

Post your favourite film released this year

for me its 'Hunt for the Wilder People'

hipster kino

Sup Forums will call your pick wes anderson tryhard trash, but I liked it.
My favourite is Shin Godzilla

It's Only the End of the World

Vincent Cassiel stole the fucking show, watch it for him if you are one of the people who dislikes Xavier Dolan, Lea Seydoux was great too.

But i'm biased because it's the only 2016 film i actually went and saw on a big screen (i also really like Dolan in general), in the local university kinothorium. And quality rips of other good stuff are just coming out.

bump

i used that as my related text for an english speech
13/15 bretty gud

Hacksaw Ridge.

That being said i think it's literally the only new release i've seen this year.

La La Land probably. It's fuckin great and the more I think about it the more I love it. I need to see it again soon.

Props to Wilderpeople though, I really enjoyed it too, it's top 5 for movies I've seen this year.

Don't remember too many films so I guess I will go with most recent which is hell or high water. I really liked how they made me care for the characters and what happens to them, how they made a bank robbery so much more intesnse than all the ends of the world movies regularly depict.

I've actually only seen OP's pic for films of this year. Kinda want to see Hacksaw Ridge and Arrival but I probably wont see any movies released this year in this year

The Nice Guys

Everybody Wants Some

that was a 6 or 7 out of 10 for me. i haven't seen any new movie this year that id care to rewatch soon. hunt for the wilderpeople is also a 6 or 7. i enjoyed that one, too.

Fuckin' A.

Captain Fantastic, it's the only movie that has stuck with me throughout the year

Captain Fantastic and Kubo (which is an absolute masterpiece on a technical level)

It's been a pretty awful year for movies because I can't even think of any others.

I had high hopes for Wilderpeople, but it was so damn broad... Pleasant but nothing special, imo.

Manchester by the Sea for me.

Swiss Army Man and Nocturnal Animals are probably amongst my favourites.

Also Neon Demon in terms of aesthetics. (This is just from what I've seen in cinema)

Aferim!
Embrace of the Serpent
Rams
High Rise
Gimme Danger

Homo Sapiens, because I'm not a pleb as you are, filthy peasants

Arrival, probably. Though I haven't seen many 2016 releases.

Aren't most of those from 2015?

I've seen it but it isn't in my lists. I in all honesty have a spefic annoyance with films that have thematic depth of a puddle. This film said all it had to say about post-mankind world in like 2-3 minutes and then it goes on to what, 90 minutes total or so?

Good photography and sound design though.

This. La La Land was absolutely beautiful. Definitely something I'll want tp watch again.

Where those brrips at?

I don't know, I watched it at the theater.
Though I heard somewhere this year's screeners will come in Bluray format, that should be good.

You need to go deep into feeling that sensation and situation which the documentary gives you. Be inmersive. Feel. Wake up.

Initial release in 2016

Nocturnal Animals just confirm the birth of AESTHETICKINO

Young Pope as a tv show is in this category too

Captain Fantastic was awful.

The father wants his kids to come to their own conclusions but never fails to influence them with his own political commentary. He also inadequately controls the scope of their reading and education (lmao let's just completely submerge ourselves in Chomsky's literature, so much so that we name a day after him). You'd think that he'd teach his children carpentry, agriculture, and water purification, but instead they're treated to a liberal arts course with animal sacrifice. It's also mind-boggling how the eldest son is prohibited from attending a University, where his ideas would come under constant scrutiny and test his logic.

I don't hate the film, I just think that it was dumb.

I only have watched 2 films from 2016:
Swiss Army Man>Hunt for Wilderpeople
sounds good! (it's Cassel BTW)

Manchester by the Sea keeps me interesting: is that a good flick to learn about Manchester itself (how does it look, etc)?

I dropped Captain Fantastic about 15 minutes in when we find out someone killed themselves,
>How?
>She slit her wrists...

I tolerated a lot of bullshit up until that point but for that I will not stand. Deleted it from my hard drive and from memory, only this snippet of critique remains.

For me it was The Arrival, so far... I love sci-fi so it was great to watch a really good sci-fi film on the big screen.

In about 2 hours I'm going to go watch Hacksaw Ridge.