"Vader makes a pun, it's so lame"

"Vader makes a pun, it's so lame"

Are you people so used to Marvel films that you think any statement intended to deride someone is a pun? He says it while fucking choking the guy. It wasn't a pun, it was a threat.

Other urls found in this thread:

dictionary.com/browse/pun
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>sideways shill

fuck you buddy
your mom licks the sweat off a dead mans balls for pennies

>he likes a Disney movie I don't like, must be a shill
How is possible to be this triggered over a kid's movie?

he used an alternate usage of he word choke while literally choking somebody

that's a textbook pun and it was pretty bad

People who complain about Vader making quips and puns never watched the OT.

It was a pun, a bad one at that. The flashy stage magician side flourish to reveal the choke gesture didn't help much either.

It's like people have forgotten what stoic, majestic evil looks like and carries itself.

THIS.

Vader was a chatty motherfucker.

Would have been a much better line and cemented this as one of Sup Forums's pet films if he just said

"Do you feel in charge?"

>I find your lack of faith disturbing.

Been doing it from day one.

Go find a pun. Go find a pun. Three films, 5-6 hours of story. See how many you come back with.

Do you know where you are?

That's not a pun. It's an unambiguous statement of fact, of contempt even.

This is not a pun

He was choking some dude out in esb, "apology accepted admiral..." then just kills the dude

It's called wordplay. I thought it was pretty clever. I IMMEDIATELY knew Sup Forums was going to be getting autistic about it though, so I get on the computer and what's the first thread I see?

Again, not a pun. Dark humor, yes, but perfectly fitting with a character like Vader.

>It's called wordplay. I thought it was pretty clever.

dictionary.com/browse/pun

what pun?
i watched the movie tonight and i don't recall it
it was lame because some characters like Gerrera acted irrationally, like, why the fuck would you just stay there to die?
If you want to prove yourself a man go help out the rebellion for fucks sake.

Then why did he deliver it like a pun?

do you know what a pun is?

it was a bit of prequel anakin shining through

What exactly does he say?

it was a palindrome you cucks

>you can't threaten someone with a pun

stupid af post op

>"Be careful of your ambitions, Director. I'm a big guy."

>"Careful you don't *choke* on your ambitions."

He says while choking a guy.

"For you. Lord Vader"

That's fucking abhorrent.

4orce

A pun is a play on words and he did that

You stupid fucking whore

Yeah dude it's like the one thing about the movie I objectively wish they just slashed right out.

The movie isn't perfect, it's not a great movie... But it is the best Star Wars movie in decades. But that one pun literally takes a full point off of a "out of 10" scale

I thought it was very punny myself

>Ohh look at me using big words

Either use 1st grade level grammar or get the fuck out

Vader shouldn't swish, either. Let me just go full-on problematic and state that I'm pretty sure the dude in the suit is gay.

It's completely in character. What's the problem, you niggers?

what the fuck the movie was complete horse shit

That's literally a fucking pun you retards. The guy was railing on about not believing in ancient RELIGIONS, which are faith based, and Vader started choking him with magic from that very religion, and quipped "I find your lack of faith, disturbing", a phrase normally meant for your belief in something or someone (I don't have much faith in this project), not necessarily the supernatural meaning of it, but it was ironically appropriate and humorous to use in that situation. literally a FUCKING PUN.

He said aspirations, not ambitions.

So, what's the pun?

It would have been a pun if he said "I won't FORCE you to believe anything." What you said is not a pun

Nah I'd probably give it a hard 7. It had pacing issues in the beginning which cleared up part way through, lacked some critical character development but had decent characters, and the action sequences were a complete 10/10. it was nice also seeing the rebellion as anything more than a morally just troupe of good guys who always win and save the day.

It's just shit like one too many nostalgia cameos, the vader pun, Whitaker not being necessary to the fucking movie and some other things that subtract from the movie going experience, not the other way around. It's still a good movie, and lightyears ahead of TFA

Also having the meta of knowing some fucking cool scenes from the first trailers, Like Krennic walking through the beach with dead stormtroopers, never made it into the movie, hurts it as well

You may only post on this board if you are 18 years old or older.

it quite literally is a pun

hey idiot!
this might seem crazy but it's not a pun. it's no more a pun than if you said "X is so stupid" and i responded "your opinion is shit mate." kind of like i'm doing now. is this a pun?

That's even worse. It goes from pun to flat-out double entendre.

"Lack of faith" can refer to religious faith in its literal meaning, dumbass

>double entendre.
>gets dubs
>they're twos

Harvey?

i dont know how u have just 0 understanding of what a pun is..... but thats not a pun and the quote in Rogue clearly is

What makes it *not* a pun is that the dude was specifically talking about his lack of faith in Vader while deriding him for his devotion to the Force.

Saying he finds his lack faith disturbing is referencing both things he lacks faith in while demonstrating that the Force is very real

here's a question
why the hell does it matter?
it was a good line and fits his character
what's the problem?

That's the problem. It is neither good nor fitting nor delivered with the sort of tone we expect from Vader. If it were separated by years instead of hours or days from how we see him portrayed in ANH, it would be more forgivable, but it isn't.

That was a pretty good Anakin line, not a Vader line. I guess if you loved Phantom Menace the line was a good trick

>good line
>fits his character
He knows there's a traitor and the death star is compromised, it's totally not a good line.

What are these pacing issues you all speak of? I just saw the movie hours ago so im still digesting it, but it seemed to hop along pretty good, no?

The first hour was pretty fuckin boring desu.

>it was a good line
It's literally the corniest shit I've ever heard.

it was a little forced

I didn't see any pacing issues, but I did notice a couple of tonal clashes. The first one was the jarring shift from the grim tone of the opening scene to a smash cut to the title screen playing a triumphant fanfare.

Wasn't a deal-breaker for me, was just noticeable, that's all.

it seems to fit his character fine
he has little patience with people thinking they have more authority than they actually have
his choice of words in ANH, while not a pun, is still more witty than it had to be
he's still comes off as a murderous man that finds the act of choking someone worth glib comment

Are you people legitimately this fucking stupid

and?
he doesn't give two shits about the death star. he said as much in ANH

in that we don't see the perceived difference in the lines?
must be

That's just it. His statement in ANH isn't glib. It's a thinly veiled threat that mocking him and his faith will get you killed. It's menacing in its restraint and understatement.

In RO, there's no subtlety, just a lame reference to what he's doing - choking an ambitious man for badgering him.

Pretty much this.

imo pacing as in they didn't give time for us to care about the characters. The blind monk and the guy with the gun whose name I never bothered to remember didn't give us reason to care about their death. Also 50% of their lines are "I'm one with the force, the force is with me."

Which brings me to the topic here, the lines. When they put the hood over the blind guy's head, he says: "Are you kidding me? I'm blind!"
Whereas if this situation played out in the first trilogy, he'd simply say: "Are you kidding me?"

imagine hayden christensen saying it

A reasonable opinion for once

Whatever stoic evil looks like, it's not Vader. That guy waved his fuckin arms everywhere.

I'm completely fine with everyone's favorite asthmatic leatherdaddy cracking lowkey jokes like this.

you're literally a retard

Fuck me

Well I don't see how it can be seen as a comical scene. Vader is the one choking him, we don't know if he was ordered to kill the guy or just have a chat. We know other characters are ready to take over the project if he does die though, so it's one of those scenes where vader could do either option and it wouldn't matter too much.

Like what's there to laugh at, it's all up to vaders personal decision if he kills the guy or not. It would have been funny if he was actually choking on food, vader then intervened for a second, said his line, then put the food back and walked away to let the man deal with the obstruction himself.

whether or not it was a pun or not is fucking semantics you autist, he was a sarcastic cunt in the OT is the point that is being made, not whether or not he specifically used puns

"Abhorrent" is only one letter longer than "terrible" you autistic fuck.

I like quips, why do people hate fun?

If is telling the truth, it's a fucking pun.

That's still not a fucking pun you idiot.

In your own words, define pun.

I still can't get over the rubbery neck brace sjut flapping about on the costume

want darth vader jedi hunter movie now!!!

>expecting Krennic to be some hard ass general who has no chill
>got some whiny employee who can't keep up with Tarkin's expectation
is Krennic this bad in EU?

How could a dead man pay her to lick his balls?

Why would you shoot a man before licking his balls?

She is part of a killer duo for hire, one kills and then the other gargles nards.

Holy crap. I'm a fan of the Wars but you seem to be blind and just nit-picking for the hell of it to somehow vindicate your tiny lives.

"Apology accepted. Captain Needs"

Oh ya that's high art right? No it's not but it dues the same damn thing that happens here.
It shows that Vader is truly a dick. He's just being a bullying asshole. He may be this representative of some higher "EVIL" but he's still human - and a total dick.
I hate the prequels but you know who was a date-rapey dick who no one really liked?
I'll give you a hint - His name was Skywalker. Continuity. Once a petty small minded dick. Always one.
Actually all of the Darksiders are like that.
Their little habits, the small minded gloating. They are weak individuals who came to power but due to the nature of that power - and the nature of themselves can never let it leak out in various ways.

That's what it's fuckin about and why Rey is going Darkside. - at least for a bit.

“We would be honored if you would join us.”

Vader was always like this. Maybe not quite as far, but it's not like it's a trait that's been absent.

What do you say about

reminder this is darth vader

It was quite literally the definition of a pun

Am I the only one who hated the movie but didn't mind the pun?

If anything the "a new hope" ending scene and "rogue one" escape scene were much more cringey than that.

Nothing wrong with that. Looks-wise, he's perfect.

>a pun can't be dark humor

yeah but knowing Disney it could have been something really over the top
>Force throws a guy into the ceiling
>THANKS FOR DROPPING IN, SEE YA NEXT FALL

Yes and its still humor for him to say that, because for it to be faith it would need to be belief with no evidence. It is dark humor because he is chocking him with the force at that moment which is the most blantant evidence one could have of the excistence of the force

Undervadered post

>love of his life dead
>never saw his children
>filled with hate and anger
>half of his body burnt away and replaced by machines
>hasn't gotten laid or masturbated in years
>greatest Jedi ever forced to be a lap dog for the Emperor
>ridiculed by his own men for following a silly religion
>still able to be humorous

What a guy!

>I'm altering the deal pray I don't alter it any further
>we would be honored if you would join us
>I find your lack of faith disturbing
>apologies accepted, captain Needa
>the emperor is not as forgiving as I am
>I don't want the emperor's prize damaged
>no disintegrations
>you may dispense with the pleasantries, commander, I'm here to put you back on schedule
>he is as clumsy as he is stupid

R1 sure had his first pun in the entire trilogy, bravo

Do any of you motherfuckers know what a pun is?

None of these are jokes that "exploit the different possible meanings of a word or the fact that there are words that sound alike but have different meanings."