Jedha is a desert planet that has a holy site for pilgrims

>Jedha is a desert planet that has a holy site for pilgrims
>conveniently sounds just like Jeddah
>a city in Saudi Arabia that is known for its religious signficance and is visited frequently by pilgrims travelling to Mecca

Really?

Fucking really?

Other urls found in this thread:

denofgeek.com/us/books-comics/star-wars/241265/james-luceno-interview-star-wars-the-sith-tarkin-palpatines-first-name
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>tfw no Jyn gf

Pretty sure it was supposed to sound like Jedi, since it is supposedly one of the oldest jedi temples.

Oh yeah, that reminds me:

>Jyn
>conveniently pronounced the same fucking way and even looks like the word Jinn
>the name given to supernatural creatures in Islamic mythology

Coincidence? I don't think so.

So the message of this film is to wipe out every Mudslime? That's pretty based.

Doubt it desu

the force is a religion of peace bruh

It gets blown the fuck up with no trace left whatsoever, who the fuck cares

The in-universe lore for Jedha has scholars questioning which name came first: Jedi or Jedha. One of them helped name the other, but no one can figure out what came first.

Who cares

You cared enough to post. Thanks for bumping, senpai.

It was literally the Aleppo citadel.

>he sure got me!

>tfw no buck tooth/cute butt gf

Thanks, keep going.

More posts does not equal a good thread OP.

Quantity does not equal quality, especially on a Burmese Python enthusiasts' image board

>doesn't care
>still posting
Muy muy I love you

>name is a logical root word / origin for the term "Jedi"
>it also happens to have real life religious significance

Whats the problem???

Every work of fiction ever made is based on reality, friend.

This is a shit thread saged, desu

je'daii came first

I guess this thread and your life have a lot in common

>footlove is the purest form of love

What did she mean by this?

That is fucking disgusting.

What's wrong with her?

Anakin - from the Caananite tribe, the Anakim, or Anak, wich means, born from the gods.

"Shmi" Skywalker - The mother of Anakin Skywalker, her name is widely accepted to be a halved version of "Lakshmi", who is the Consort of Lord Vishnu. Those who worship Lord Vishnu exclusively consider Lakshmi devi to have motherly "shakti" or potency, among a plethora of other potencies.

Padme - The woman who would eventually be the wife of the movie's protagonist Anakin Skywalker. "Padme" means "lotus flower" in Sanskrit, and is widely used in poetry and scripture.

King Varuna - A king of Padme's homeworld of Naboo, the name is obviously a tribute to Veruna, the demigod of oceans. Naboo has many attractive waterways, as can be seen in Episode 2 of the "Star Wars" films.

Shaak Ti - The name of a female Jedi master, a simple definition of the word shakti would be "energy" or "potency". When there is a personal embodiment of shakti, it is predominantly in a feminine form.

Depa Billaba - The name of another female Jedi master (played by an actress of Indian origin), who served on the "Jedi Council" in the prequel trilogy. Another transliteration of these two words would be "Deepa Ballabha", which means "the master of the light".

Mandalore - The planet where Jango Fett allegedly originated from, the origin is "Mandala", a symbol of Hindu origin.

The Rishi Maze - This is a part of space which is directly adjacent to the planet "Kamino", as Obi-Wan Kenobi is told. A "Rishi" is a very powerful sage of Vedic times, as has been explained earlier.

Qui-Gon Jinn-The character's name is derived from the Chinese word qigong (气功 or 氣功), a system of coordinated body movement, breathing, and meditation used for health, spirituality, and martial arts training that allows access to higher realms of awareness, and balance of life energy, similar to Tai chi. This is paired with the Arabic word Jinn, meaning "genie" or "tutelary spirit."

>imperials used the death star to wipe out extremists
tell me why they're the bad guys again?

Aren't the similarities just a bit much?

Like god damn, anyone who isn't retarded would notice these things right away. Maybe not the Jinn thing, but definitely the geography and location name part.

stop pretending to be me

thanks for the bumps though

Just got out of this movie. The second half extremely enjoyable

Star Wars isn't exactly known for it's subtlety in names. I mean Savage Oppress is the canon brother to Darth Maul.

Fuck that's retarded.

It's not even pronounced the way it appears, retard.

>Defending this
How pathetic

if you have a problem with this you should never read/watch dune

>read/watch dune
>watch dune
>watch

Fucking disgusting.

Dune is better than Star Wars

The book, yeah. Certainly not this piece of shit though.

>Skywalker
>Cody
>Grievous
>Maul
>Porkins
shut the fuck up

>All shit
What's your point?

Star Wars - a war in the stars

Sheev Palpatine - a really cool name

>Sheev

Wait what. That's actually his name? I thought it was some retarded Sup Forums meme.

George Lucas actually came up with the name Sheev Palpatine for the character? Haha what the fuck.

I only found out recently that it wasn't a meme, too

The Jedi are islamist rebels, Luke was radicalized by the Mujahideen fighter Obi-Wan bin Kenobi who died in a suicide attack against an imperial vessel, and then later went to study at the Madrassa of the Jedi Cleric Yoda to complete his religious education.

>George Lucas actually came up with the name Sheev Palpatine for the character?
No

It was satisfying as duck to watch the rebel scum die at the hands of the empire! So glad I joined up with our glorious empire. Peace through Superior Firepower.

We don't know. It was released in a canonical book but unknown who created it.

That fucking desert market was basically fucking Syria. Even had authentic carpet sellers and shit.

Talk about having the subtlety of a fucking shovel to your face.

The author of the book "Tarkin" wrote a scene where Palpatine and Tarkin refer to each other by their first names. So he asked Lucas if Palpatine had a first name, and Lucas said, "Sheev", likely derived from the Hindu god Shiva.

Jyn literally beats a stormtrooper in the face with a shovel in an earlier scene.

P O E T R Y
O
E
T
R
Y

Footmassages.

Do you have a source on that?

Just wondering. Would like to see more on the subject.

You could Google it just as easily as I could.

I did. None of them said Lucas gave the name.

I thought it'd be better to ask you for a source instead of accusing you of lying.

denofgeek.com/us/books-comics/star-wars/241265/james-luceno-interview-star-wars-the-sith-tarkin-palpatines-first-name

>Palpatine’s first name caused a bit of a stir on the internet when it was revealed. What do you think of “Sheev Palpatine” as a name?

Like many fans, I’d grown accustomed through decades of Expanded Universe sources to think in terms of a more Greco-Roman first name -- one that worked euphoniously with the surname Palpatine and at the same time offered a knowing wink as to the nature of the character. Palpatine is certainly close enough to Palatine to conjure thoughts about the Roman Empire, patrician life, and power. Even if the name seems as odd fit for Palpatine, it does confer the wink, suggesting -- to me, at any rate -- Shiva, sheave, and of course, shiv, which is a slang term for an improvised bladed weapon.

I would love to know George Lucas’s reasoning, but – in-universe -- I’m intrigued by the possibility that on Palpatine’s native Naboo the name has such a negative connotation that he rejected it, and revealed it only to his closest confederates, as a means of bringing each into his inner circle.

Fucked up quoting. Those last two paragraphs are James Luceno's response to interviewer.

Wow. Imagine being OP. Imagine stuff like this bothering you. Imagine stuff like this urging you to complain on le taiwanese hentai board

lol fuck off.

David Lynch masterpiece. Your puny brain can't handle it.

Thanks user.

>patrician life