Budget: $150 million

>budget: $150 million
>marketing: $180 million
>box office: $284 million

why did it flop?

because people are fucking tired of le dreamworks faec.

hawaiians were made to look like niggers and voiced by niggers

brown people

muh racism

>why did it flop?
bad movie. people don't realize word of mouth is important to having a successful movie. people didn't like it.

Because brown people.

Frozen was a huge success because t had cute white girls in it.

just look at the poster.

nobody likes sassy niggers.

No antagonist.

Cuz it wasn't a man in a suit with powers fighting other people in suits with powers.

>brown eyes
>brown hair
>brown skin

This. Hollywood would understand if they rode the bus and worked with niggers like normal people do. Why would I want to see a movie that reminds me of loud stupid niggers?

I don't give a shit about Hawaiians, their shit and irrelevant culture/mythology, and female protags.

I want every single movie with a female or minority protag to eat shit and flop so they stop making these fucking films trying to even out some political agenda tally. It would be fine if it was a film here, or a film there, but lately its been every fucking movie.

Make movies with animals, thats fine, everyone leaves happy. I literally can't see this shit without feeling like they're trying to shit all over everything, like I'm actually supposed to give a fuck about some Hawaiian bullshit that has nothing to do with me, at fucking all. Guess what when minorities feel outcasted by white protags the same shit happens in reverse. If they are going to isolate the white audience they better hope they can fill the seats with other people because I don't want to see the fucking film.

>Moana got Maui'ed

>>marketing: $180 million
source?

wow what a stupid and ignorant gringo piece of shit.

its not that a movie about a culture needs to be super relevant to the west, like rome or the greeks. it can perfectly be about a small village of skimos, but if the story is well told, and the characters are sympathetic (thats a big thing), itll fly.

thos movie right here didnt have sympathetic characters, they show you a couple of two smarmy fucks, and its way too much... you need one smarmy and one thats the opposite so they balance. disney knows way better than this, but fuck me if i know what are they trying to do here. testing waters?

>keep making this thread
>keep saying it flopped when it made as much money opening weekend as big hero 6

Nobody likes brown people, not even other browns.

Little girls and neets only like fair princesses and castles, not island niggers

Moana should have been thicker. Bigger tits, bigger ticket sales.

Citation needed.

People don't seem to care about movies set in Hawaii irrespective of their quality, probably because it reminds them of the shitholes they live in.

Because the jews turned movies into opening weekend matters only.

This. I think it's just a fact that some races are more physically attractive than others. Take me for instance, as a Western-educated southeast asian girl, I know my place and I know I'm less attractive than Whites because I'm racially inferior. I think White males should be applauded for their individualism, creativity and ability to take charge.

A lot of Caucasian men assume we're into them because we think they're rich or have big penises, and while that certainly helps, the real reason we like them is because they're proven to be accomplished as a people and because they have a more "evolved" physical appearance, like a chiseled Greek statue.

I admit I used to buy into liberal feminist arguments that White patriarchy was to blame for all the world's problems, but if I'm being honest with myself, I don't think I would mind being used for sex if I think it will help advance the cause of Whites somehow. I realize now that's what my race is best at, we're not even the "good" kind of Asians with high IQs and organizational skills.

We're jungle gooks and I'm a jungle gook whore. I just want a White guy to treat me like a third world monkey slut. And I would promise to sucky, fucky and love him long time.

And I won't even charge five dollars for it.

I suspect Moana would feel the same way if she ever met a White man as well.

>tfw enjoyed the movie
>tfw wanted it to do good
I just want Disney to go back to making fun adventure films again

>releasing Moana during winter

This too. "Oh boy, can't see the tropical island paradise movie before I freeze my ass off for three months."

Maybe Disney should have upped the Frozen factor and had not only two female leads, but three, all queens.

Summer is capeshit season so that will never fly.

this is sad

Honestly probably the shitty marketing

Brave was a summer movie and did fine, and Zootopia both came out in Spring.

To be fair this summer was congested with bad bombs, probably the worst summer for blockbusters ever.

Marketing: $180 million

Source?

What is with all the LARP posters lately?
Earth to retard self deprecation grosses everyone out

Is this a fucking pasta or something? I've seen it like twice today

This is the only reason.
I don't even know what the fucking plot is because the only trailers I saw was 30 seconds of swimming and the fat character doing his eyebrow thing. Other than than, the movie had almost no exposure.

Sauce on pic?

why do I feel depressed after watching Tangled?

gee it's almost like white people don't like having minorities crammed down their throat

Being sandwiched between Fantastic Beasts, Dr. Strange and Rogue One did it absolutely no favors. Fantastic Beasts crippled it, Rogue One incapacitated it, and that crappy movie Sing is going to deal the killing blow. It should've been released right before summer.

>getting this triggered by the truth

I bet you're the kind of guy who goes to Japan and calls all the locals minorities.

>Pander to white people
>Massive Hit
>Pander to Asians
>Massive hit in china
>Pander to fucking furries
>Massive hit
>Pander to black people or other "POC"
>Movie bombs

When will hollywood learn?

You can always estimate that marketing is around the same as the production budget, so double. Even if it's far less, the film still needs to be around $300m to break even, which would still be a fairly because Disney execs plan future expenditures on what they think the movie will bring.

Because there was no interest generated, no plot hinted at. All I knew about it was there was a small Hawaiian girl and a big Hawaiian guy. Thats it.

Frozen had a draw because
1. It had princesses which girls love
2. It was a musical
3. It was seasonal
4. muh stronk womyn don't need no man

over the top smug chracters

Is it actually a bad movie? I kind of wanted to see it and that you're welcome song is really catchy.

>never been to japan
>why would I do that considering japan is one of the most homogeneous countries in the world

2 strikes

But Madea and Barbershop movies are successful?

It's good, it's just going to flop. The second week drop off was like 50%.

It makes me a bit depressed when I get reminded that this is an actual fetish. Racial inferiority fetishism is so weird. It's like finding someone punching themselves in the gut "because they deserve it *moan*" but worse.

if you've seen any Disney animated movie since 2010, you know exactly what to expect.

>Rogue One incapacitated it
>Disney incapacitated Disney

You seem to actually think Disney is somehow losing from consistently claiming the top box office slot. The money essentially all goes to the same place you mong.

It's a pretty fun movie

it's a run of the mill adventure movie.

Because Disney movies should be targeted towards children and not sjws

In terms of Disney movies it's one of the best in a long time

What's depressing about it? Shitskin women want to breed up so they can have better children with males of a superior race. It's only if white women try to breed down that it gets depressing.

Did you pull that figure out of your ass?

I would think they would have learned their lesson after Princess and the Frog.

Those movies are made by blacks for blacks on zero budget. Tyler Perry knows exactly what he's doing and he'll never stop.

Of course he did

What will be the result of this SJW media infusion into children shows and movies.

Will the upcoming generation overwhelmingly reject it, as they grow tired of it? Or will they embrace it, ushering yet more horrible SJWs into our society?

>Zootopia is SJW af
>makes over billion
>Moana has zero SJW shit
>flops

People want SJW preaching.

generic

New Disney Renaissance movies from best to worst

>Zootopia
>Princess and the Frog
>Wreck it Ralph
>Big Hero 6
>Tangled
>Frozen

Where would Moana be?

How the fuck is this movie targeted towards sjws?

Nobody wants to watch a movie with brown people. Hollywood should just stick to Aryans.

Thats why it's always fat chicks and fetishists that are are with black men.

kill yourself stupid nigger

Elsa is perfect

A lot of Blacks I know absolutely hate Tyler Perry, they say that his bullshit is damaging to the African American image in society.

why is his face so tiny compared to his head?

On par with or on top of Zootopia

Moana is only under Zootopia imo.

Avoids a lot of the awkward/shitty/forced shit you see in Frozen.

> He actually believes this

this isn't a renaissance in the slightest

>i want to be ruled by a frigid, selfish, incestuous lesbian

Nice try cuckstain

> Make a movie that's superior to Frozen in every way
> It underperforms because the characters aren't white

Frozen needs a re-edit that removes:
trolls
most of Olaf
evil prince
Kristoff

Well basically everything. Just make it purely about the sisters and Elsa getting her powers but remaining queen.

I dated 2 pinays, I should have learned from the first one that it was a bad idea. Materialistic as fuck.

Normal people don't want to spend money to watch a film about shitskins.

Now that I think about it, Frozen was a pretty bad movie. How in the fuck did it get so popular? Was it just riding on Let it Memes popularity or what?

Don't be racist.

> "Normal people"
> Shitskins

Fuck off back to Sup Forums you piece of shit

Aren't Asians considered people of color in America?

It was literally an extended music video for Let It Go.

Moana is pretty much enjoyable throughout with more than one memorable song.

bobo ka lang

it was considered a game-changer for disney literally because it didn't focus on a love story. they tried to market moana the same way but in the end no one gave a shit anymore

But that's wrong.

Anna is clearly the best Disney princess. And literallywho black-token princess is shit tier bottom.

Elsaboners, Let It Go, snow. I think we let a lot of shit slip by because of Elsa.

>winter movie released near christmas
>cute princesses and handsome princes appeal to little girls
>good marketing with catchy songs

Whoever thought they should put this disaster on the poster of Moana needs to get his head checked. He shouldn't even appear in the trailers.

Yeah. Ask little girls if they wanna see Moana based off that, and they'll say no.

Niggers.

Even the cute niggette is still a niggette.

because theres literally no reason to watch it

If that's really you, you'ok ok but your toes are disgusting

Germany 22 December 2016
Greece 22 December 2016
Italy 22 December 2016
Australia 26 December 2016
Brazil 5 January 2017
Argentina 19 January 2017
South Korea 19 January 2017
Turkey 20 January 2017
Hong Kong 26 January 2017
Denmark 2 February 2017
Norway 3 February 2017
Sweden 3 February 2017
Japan 10 March 2017

It's not. I kind of look like her but a little skinnier and my boobs aren't as round. I think she had implants though.

it has not been able to knock fantastic beasts off number one in most territories it's already been released in. what makes you think it's gonna succeed with star wars in theaters?

Shit's irrelevant at this point. If it hasn't earned a good profit after a month, it won't be a hit. Disney can hope to not lose on investment, but there will be no ongoing fascination with Moana and no product on shelves.

Some user said the movie is not a real Disney movie because there is no magic to the movie. Polynesian "people" worship a sea (?) god. No one cares about faceless islanders.

hawaiian girls are delicious