2018 will be the year that spotify fucking dies due to the massive lawsuit among other things

>2018 will be the year that spotify fucking dies due to the massive lawsuit among other things

Serves those fags right for blatantly pushing their political agenda with their product and also not providing a way for me to upload my own music collection alongside their catalog like apple and google let you do.

Is there any reason to pick one music service over another?

Spotify
>large amount of music
>weekly discovery playlists are pretty good
>has some stuff that Google doesn't

Google Play
>has YouTube Red

>>large amount of music

Apple music has objectively more though, and a ton of it is shit that spotify has literally zero of. Spotify has literally nothing by asian kung fu generation and apple has all of it, just for one example.

Oh yeah, forgot about apple.

Wouldn't know since I don't use an iPhone or Mac.

It's on windows and android too.

So I'm using spotify now and couple of my friends use tidal and some apple music, what should I pick?

Spotify is going nowhere this lawsuit is like less than an eighth of the value of the company itself

>tidal

The lossless format is sort unnecessary if you don't have a sound system to actually utilize it. Also was alot more pricey from what I remember.

But I guess if the exclusives are your thing.

Just buy the CDs you fucks.

Apple destroys music tags, gapless playback and cover art though. it’s pure fucking trash.

>Just buy an entire album to listen to one song you fucks.

you can edit tags and cover art though

>2018
>still needing to go through that slog

apple music is shit though. Spotify interface is much nicer
tried to subscribe to apple music on my iphone and it literally wouldn't let me. The app was bugged

Spotify has a shitload of classical music and obscure traditional music so it wins for me.

try to pretend to be less underage. you will get banned - 18+ website.

Great bait

paid for a student account for the last 7 years.
not been a student for 7 years.
spotify is ez.

apple didn't believe my lies.
have to pay full price.

>still thinking that albums are structured with a theme
>every song/track on it is worth a constant listen

Lol

But you CAN upload your own music files alongside their catalog, moron.

Good post. FLAC is for archiving and not much more. You can convert to almost any format you want with FLAC and it won't dramatically warp the quality. You're not _supposed_ to listen to FLAC and you're being had by anyone that tells you this. Of course you can listen to it but if you think it's any better than 320 or a high quality vorbis encode then you're dumb as rocks.

I have found since using both Apple Music and Spotify that there is a lot of crossover of what artists and albums are on each service. Most of what I listen to is fairly experimental noise based nonsense, and I purchase/download most of my media, but there are albums that Apple has that Spotify doesn't and vice versa.

just d/l everything as flac then convert to 320.

patrish choice.

what lawsuit

Amazing, every word in that sentence you just said was completely wrong.

>hear about how awful this movie is
>"what? surely people are exaggerating"
>see it on a whim
>it's somehow even worse

is this attitude a meme now?
like only wanting to be spoonfed the most digestable and watered down songs in the forms of singles?
at least when this was popular in the 60s and 70s people bought them rather than listening to them at 240p on youtube.

>blatantly pushing their political agenda
Example?

You gotta watch the new directors cut

Saw this BS on my IG feed, so I’m somewhat with you on that.

>pays to listen to music
How are you guys this stupid? Just buy a music player jfc (ex. Filo's X1)

because not underage with a good job

sad to see from spotify

I just like spotify because of last fm support on mobile and desktop while Pandora doesn't

>he actually thinks spotify can't handle a lawsuit

>2011+7
>not having spotify premium, soundcloud, mixcloud, and bandcamp so you can listen to anything

Ishygddt

And the Beatles

LURK MORE

>MMXVIII
>not having spotify premium, soundcloud, mixcloud, tidal, bandcamp, apple music, google music, 100s of TBs big FLAC archive, an extensive vinyl, cassette and cd collection that was started at the very beginning of each media type, a complex with every instrument known to man so you can hire artists to play pieces using everything from primitive music notation stones found in dig sites to original notes written by classical composers

this is the bare MINIMUM if you don't have this in the current year you should just pursue a different hobby

Is GPM still shit? Last time I tried using it on my iPhone, it couldn't make it through 20 songs without fucking up the playback.

A tech giant like google can't get their shit to play music properly. I can tolerate some goofs and glitches but the core product has to fucking work.

Spotify the GOAT and I hope they win all legal battles. They should axe the free service though

how do you do this? My student email expires as soon as I graduate...

you're both too old to be on this website, maybe facebook will be more your speed

Spotify also has the beatles

If Spotify dies, it'll be because they go bankrupt for other reasons than because music makers want more money.

That's not what the teenagers of today do. They're like the teenagers of the 60's - singles, singles, singles.

I may be too old to be on Sup Forums, but facebook sucks, and I'm not going on Twitter or using Reddit.

>not providing a way for me to upload my own music collection alongside their catalog
it's almost as if you never actually used spotify in the first place