youtu.be/CxnTRFzmLgc
youtube.com/watch?v=yXmnmvDl-ao
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First rock group to make queer music that isn't tacky as fuck

I wanna ____ Cindy Wilson!

Some of their drums knock hard

WHY WONT YOU DANCE WITH ME

I AINT NO LIMBURGER

kitschy but not tacky. masterful balance.

the guitar work is underrated af.

a true 10/10 moment, my goodness

They're shinny happy people

52 Girls, ftw

They make me wanna snort cocaine up my nostril

"Rock Lobster" is a really great song

I'd give them everything I have in my hands

I like Rock Lobster and Love Shack. But the band wasn't that good, the "singing" is borderline talking, especially with Frederick Schneider. But their songs are fun, I'll give them that.

youtube.com/watch?v=9jvanr7v5cw
Honestly one of the best ballads I've ever heard

youtube.com/watch?v=C2pljSVp0Uk

I think Rock Lobster is one of GOAT songs. They have a lot of other great material as well, and a very unique style, which isn't something all bands can achieve

Always loved them. Saw them live in the period when Julee Cruise was standing in for Cindy. They were really good, quite a bit rockier than you'd expect and tighter than a duck's bum. I think I'd expected them to be either a pop group or perhaps a bit shambolic but they could really play.

I feel like their early sound is due a bit of a revival really, it seems obvious to me that a B-52s influenced band could go places. Be silly (without much irony) and cool as fuck at the same time, why not.

You can see Michael Stipe being the awkward guy at a party meme in the background of the Deadbeat Club video btw.

Apparently Fred Armisen is doing a documentary about them. Bit of a fan I think, its not the singing, its the perfect Fred Schneider choreography and cowbell work that gives him away.
youtu.be/CxnTRFzmLgc

Ricky Wilson is probably the most underrated guitar player of all time.

Cindy Wilson is a top-tier qt3.14

youtube.com/watch?v=yXmnmvDl-ao
this song is tight as fuck

>We belonged to a Deadbeat Club.

hug!