Whatever happened to these movies? They just came out and vanished? did they flop...

Whatever happened to these movies? They just came out and vanished? did they flop?Literally nobody here talks about them.

It's because they're part of the dullest franchise in history

Fantastic Beasts got some discussion and was considered wandkino.

Strange came and went. It was pretty dull

Nerds realized they were being spoon-fed the next leader of the Avengers/every next Marvel movie after RDJ retires

>Whatever happened to these movies?
They made hundreds of millions of dollars, and they'll get plenty of sequels.

i'm sure we'll get plenty of shitty forgettable indie flicks as well

People realized they're garbage

>They made hundreds of millions of dollars
And still nobody cares or remembers. Eventually making hundreds of millions of dollars isn't enough. How come movies in the past made less money in original box office runs, but became iconic parts of our culture and were memorable and good?

Dr Strange was the biggest turd ever put on film.

>meanwhile BvS and MoS get daily threads with new contributions regarding discussion and themes even with the nonstop marvelshilling from autistic fat virgins

I really enjoyed Fantastic Beasts, my blockbuster MOTY.

Dr. Strange was adequate and forgettable

>nobody cares or remembers
Are we supposed to talk about the same movies again and again? Just because they're not being discussed right now doesn't mean they were forgotten. New movies come out and we talk about those. Do you want threads discussing all movies at all times?

>he missed Dormammu posting

STAAARRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!

WAAARRRRRRRSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is everything that's wrong with Hollywood. Fantastic Beasts is the perfect example of the modern Hollywood movie. It casts the hit Hollywood star of the minute and it's loosely connected to a wildly successful franchise. This movie was made for the sole purpose of making money. There is no other reason. Rowling, Yates, the actors, everyone... all in it for the money.

It's easy to imagine the pre-production meetings... You know, that cute tree in Guardians of the Galaxy was really popular among audiences, let's have one of those. And people really liked that dive bar with lots of goofy creatures and fun music in Star Wars, let's have one of those too. It's frustrating when I hear people call this film imaginative. There's a reason all the fantastic beasts look so cute. Because toys.

Yet again we see Eddie Redmayne overact, taking the role of "autistic British wizard" to a level not needed. There was no chemistry between any of the actors, which made for awkward moments throughout the whole 2+ hours runtime. The relationship between Colin Ferrell and Ezra Miller especially seems unintentionally predatory.

There are two completely separate plots that are sloppily connected. One of the plots is pushed so hard and is used only to create a franchise of this thing. If they focused on only the fantastic beasts instead of the bizarre possessed horror aspect with a cheap twist, the film might not have been half bad.

In the end, yet again, almost a whole city gets destroyed in the climax. By now it is beyond tiring and by my count that is how FOUR big budget movies have ended in 2016. And by what, a fucking dark cloud. The whole film, each and every scene, is predictable, features terrible CGI, obvious blue screen, lifeless sound stages, and is riddled with plot holes.

Actually in the case for Dr Strange, it was forgettable and bland as fuck.

Fantastic Beasts was pure kino and it's still making money.

Its overseas opening weekend was actually higher than Rogue One's, which no one saw coming.

Dr. Strange was pure shit, though.

You cannot bring friends into my astral plane.

>How come movies in the past made less money in original box office runs, but became iconic parts of our culture and were memorable and good?

That came from VHS and the secondary market. That is what truly grows a fan base and turns causes movie lines to become part of pop culture. That only comes from repeat viewings over the years.

The world barely noticed when "The Terminator" had it's theatrical run. It was a VHS hit and cable movie channels played the fuck out of it until it became a cult hit.

People went out to see it (it was #21 on top box office of 1984) but it was displaced by a dozen blockbusters.

Movies like Breakin and Tight Nope outperformed terminator n theaters and the world forgot those even exist (except the sequel Breakin 2: Electric Boogaloo was on of the first memes)

In 20 years we will find out what the cult classics of the early 20th century are. Obviously huge hits like Avatar and Avengers will be up there, but there could be more obscure weird shit from the last few years that will catch on much later.

>Redmayne and Cumberbatch both play Hawking, no one gives a shit when Cumberbatch does it
>Redmayne and Cumberbatch both nominated for Oscars, Redmayne wins
>Redmayne and Cumberbatch star in normie blockbusters, Redmayne's outgrosses Cumberbatch's despite being released two weeks later

do you think cumberbatch is gonna murder him someday?

It's his own fault needs to dress as a women then he'll be golden. Just not Zoolander 2 levels I guess...

>In the end, yet again, almost a whole city gets destroyed in the climax
dear god i am so sick of this. "STAKES, we must have STAKES!"

oh yes i forgot
>Redmayne and Cumberbatch both play trans people in movies in 2016, Cumberbatch's is considered offensive whereas Redmayne gets another oscar nom

Actually it made sense for Fantastic Beasts because they could easily repair everything. Man of Steel needed a scene like that lmao

And then in the sequel nobody cares about. Like in Avengers when all of NY was destroyed and in the sequels it's like it never happened.

Action without consequences. A symptom of the childish notions plaguing Hollywood.

The destruction in MoS is the story of BvS actually.

strange was good

i even made a meme after seeing it

and yet metropolis seems completely fine in bvs

The vast majority of them weren't memorable and good.

Nice dimension you've got here. Would be a real shame if someone introduced the metaphysical concept of time to it.

That's because Superman rebuilt it off-screen.

To be fair, the invasion of NY is brought up and influences the stories of Daredevil (primarily) and Jessica Jones (to an extent).

We have reached the cinematic equivalent of shovelware.

But this is wrong, the shit that went down in Avengers carries over to several movies and even the Netflix shows.
Even if only 70 people died.

well... the avengers sequels (and mcu shows) actually do try. they reference "the battle of new york" quite a bit, and show that all that destruction and chaos had long-reaching consequences for the avengers and for the people who lost family, etc.

but it doesn't mean i'm not sick of seeing aliens, monsters, and super people knocking over buildings and ripping up streets. come up with some other way to make me care about what's happening.

ah you two beat me to it

Like a time-loop?

oversaturation.

there will be even more forgettable 'busters in 2017

How much will Justice League make?

Not getting into an austimal console war but DC did make a AAA movie about the consequences of collateral damage and Marvel does mention that battle in the Netflix shows