Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_0p4w3kBHO8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

lesbians

ydrgidy

feminine penis

kike propaganda

A massive clit you can suck on.

Gay shit and a failed sex change operation which kills him. Saved you two hours.

w-was i the only one turned on when she started fucking him while he was wearing her nightgown?

Depends, did you picture yourself as him or her?

It's gay no matter what

it wasn't the sex change operation that killed him, it was the uterus transplant.

3 hours of torture made by eurotrash sjw's going by the poster

I remember watching the trailer in cinema a while back. I was just talking to my friend that it's strange how men were depicted as sissies nowadays in movies and that it clearly changed from the cool action movie type of the 80s and 90s. Then that trailer of Danish Girl comes and another flick of an empowered woman fighting off evil bandit men.
My face when.

whats wrong with her nipple?

mod probably edited it in or something.

I like that eddie redmayne made feminine guys mainstream because it means i can finally be myself in public

To my cisgender friends, I ask that, even if you would not normally do so, you please read this. This film was made for cisgender people, so I feel it important that I write this for cisgender people. I would not normally watch this movie, but it has been a subject of some discussion on this site in a way that has compelled me to watch it in order to discuss it credibly. I do not imagine what I have to say will be definitive or particularly more substantial than what other trans folks have said, but I have a voice here that some listen to, even if only briefly. I might as well take advantage of that. I know that many of you prefer not to read things about films you haven't seen, so let me say the important things first:

1. Do not watch this film. It is not merely bad, but harmful.
2. If you discuss the film, refer to Lili only as Lili and she/her.

Boring garbage.

Names
"When you were a boy..." (The film repeatedly uses language like this to emphasize Lili's past.)
"You need to stop, [deadname]." (I'm not going to use it, even in a quote, but Vikander's perfomance stresses the name over and over again.)
"Someone who knows him..." (Appealing to Lili's past in the form of Hans.)

Let's start with names and pronouns. It's a pretty simple one. A trans woman is a female, a woman. A trans man is a male, a man. No matter how we are portrayed, no matter what era of our life you refer to, no matter what we "look like" (ugh), no matter what. We deserve the basic respect of being referred to correctly; if I were to misgender you, you would be offended. At the very least, abide by the Golden Rule. You might know some non-binary people who aren't particular about it. You might know some genderqueer people who use completely new pronouns. Respect them as well, and don't use that to suggest that my experience--or Lili's--is the same. Regarding names, no matter what era of my life you are referring to, refer to my actual name--Sally Jane Black--instead of my deadname. If you don't understand the term "deadname," just stop and think about it contextually for a second. (Certain nicknames from friends are acceptable. You know who you are and what you've done.)

One of the most apparent flaws in this film, a flaw I could see coming before I even watched it, was that it did not handle this with care or respect. Undoubtedly, in Lili's day, things were different. I am certain she was misgendered, microaggressed, and insulted, malnamed and generally miscategorized by everyone around her, probably including Gerda. But there's a way to show that without promoting it, and there's a way to show that without degrading the characters. Honestly, a smart writer and/or director could even manage to make this movie without ever using Lili's deadname; the idea that a transition story has to start at a certain point is a cisgender assumption.

>because it means i can finally be myself in public
It means that you better not walk down an Islamic street Mashallah or you end up beaten allah ackbar inshallah snackbar.

failed oscar bait

Better than r1 tbqh.

You could always be a feminine guy even before. Back then everyone would see you as the week fruity guy. Now it's just your chances at hitting on women that shrinks into oblivion. I'd say, chances are still around zero, due to what they say and want are two different pair of shoes. Got a friend which says she likes guys like that, but always goes for the more badass (, all were always huge losers and just looked like that type of guys).
It's just more common now to see fruity men.

lmao im not reading all that shit

cliff notes me

>failed
>won more oscars than American Hustle, which was nominated for 10

>produced by (((Eric Fellner)))

Surprised?

You clearly weren't there for the 80's.

And, for that matter, the idea that this film has to conform to narrative film conventions is a ridiculous one, too. But I'm getting ahead of myself. The point is, the film's portrayal of Lili encourages those who try to write about it to use both genders and her deadname when discussing the film, because the film itself is at best muddled in this regard. I can make this assertion with the clarity of hindsight, so to speak, because the evidence is overwhelming: very smart, very compassionate, very understanding people who are cisgender refer to Lili by the wrong name and pronoun on this site and elsewhere. Therefore, the film has failed in that regard.

The matter of names is important for a variety of reasons, but the most obvious is simply that using our deadnames and the wrong pronouns is an exertion of power over us that you are not entitled to. It is denying us our transgender status; it is devaluing our selves.

And no, I'm not offended if you didn't know any better. I'm not angry with you. Yes, you. I love you. I'm pissed as fuck with the filmmakers, though.

The most harmful part of the film, from my point of view, is that is positions cisgender people as gatekeepers. This has been historically true in very painful, awful ways. Cisgender doctors and scientists have, through history, defined the conditions under which transgender people could transition, and because cisgender people have set those criteria, people who were transgender were refused for reasons that had nothing to do with who they were. The criteria were (and sometimes still are) entirely based on hiding transgender people--as they say in high school football, no pass, no play. If you can't convince the world you are cisgender even though you are transgender, you can't have hormones, surgery, or, in some cases, freedom. These criteria were not merely based on passing, however, but also on passing by sexist cisgender standards.

There are cis women who are more masculine than I ever was, but under most criteria, I would be required to meet a femininity standard (set largely by men) beyond that.

So this film shows cis male doctors with the power to give and take Lili's freedom and life, and there's some historical accuracy there. But it also--and this is even worse--positions Gerda as the most significant gatekeeper in Lili's life. From the very beginning, Gerda's role in this film is to act as an arbiter between Lili and the world. She is shown to instigate Lili's transition, she is shown to arrest it, she is shown to empower it, she is shown to have inordinate control over it. The dialogue is overwhelmed with it:

"You'd be very convincing." (Valuing passing over not passing.)
"Am I pretty enough?" / "I'll never be as pretty as you." / "You are so beautiful." (She doesn't deny the response.)
"But Lili doesn't exist." (Insists it's all a game. This is an early shift toward closing the gate.)
"I thought you might not come back." (This ambiguous line places blame on Lili for being who she is.)
"You should have been there." (The "you" referred to is Lili's birth-assigned identity.)
"You aren't insane." (Though she insisted Lili see a doctor to begin with, she later grants Lili absolution from the diagnosis.)
"I did this to you." (She takes credit for Lili's existence. Even when Lili corrects her, she latches onto this idea.)
"I won't help you to hurt yourself." (The film makes sure we know that the cis woman knows what's best for Lili.)
"There's nothing wrong with me." / "That's not true." (What an awful thing to say to someone.)
"I believe it, too." (Gerda's eventual validation in front of a doctor is the key moment to allowing Lili to get surgery.)
"You sketch me better than I was. You made me beautiful. Now you're making me strong as well." (Lili even credits Gerda with empowering her.)

And on and on and on.

Oh look, a Jew promoting transgenderism as something humorous and acceptable.

Oh god. No I was born in mid 80s, and had something like Predator and The Thing on my mind.

>le evil shekelstein conspiracy XD i'm redpilled
Fuck off neo-Sup Forums

>you will never be a convincing beautiful girl

good post, retard

I'm pretty pro-LGBT rights and I thought it was an extremely mediocre from what I saw. The way they portrayed Lili's gender dysphoria was very strange. I'm not sure if it's just the way the director/writers chose to tell the story that way or if it was directly ripped from her personal life. I don't think they handled the build up to Lili's realization that she is trans very well, it made it seem as if Lili just had a fetish for crossdressing.

I had to stop paying attention once the more melodramatic parts of the movie started because the first McGregor vs Diaz fight was going on at the same time and I just decided to focus on that instead.

That was my assessment. Just seemed like a fetishization, and a very shallow look towards it. Not to mention they made her selfish and leave her wife, when in real life they stayed together as a lesbian couple. Contrived and shallow.

wut

they stayed as a lesbian couple for a while (like in the movie) but lili elbe was a lot crazier in real life and accepted a proposal from a stranger via a letter.

>the names aren't in the right order

FUCKING SHIT

So they like to claim that trannies aren't mentally ill, but if this is an accurate representation of trannies then how could you not?
The guy was a normal straight man that liked to used his dick to fuck his wife, where is the gender dysphoria? Wouldn't penetrating someone with your dick be a triggering reminder that you're the wrong gender? I thought the were suppose to be born with it?
So he starts getting a fetish for dressing up and pretending to be a woman, started as a joke and he liked it a bit too much. He wasn't so much expressing his own identity, it was play acting and he got off on it. He was literally just a drag queen.
And then he starts talking about his female character in the 3rd person, how is that not fucking insane?
His delusions become greater and he acts like he and his female character are two different people and he needs to die to make way for the chick, he's a fucking schizo.
He cries and freaks out constantly, he never did this before he started playing dress up, he was a perfectly normal straight dude.
He essentially spits in his wife's face and says playing dress up is more important to me because women have life on easy more, imma cut my dick off now.
He gets his cock chopped off and then forces the doctor to do the vaginaplasty sooner than was recommended, why? Because he just couldn't wait for a few weeks for safety, he had to finish his mutilation asap. And because of this he died.
I ask you again. How is this not a mental illness? You can not interpret this man as being of sound mind in any way.

You weren't capable of appreciating either film you fucking liar

It freaked me out how much this guy looks like Vladamir Putin.

>neither of them have tits

what kind of wizardry is this?

youtube.com/watch?v=_0p4w3kBHO8

I had to wiki it, but they think he was already intersex or had Klinefelter-sydrome. So he was already screwed, because he would look a lot like a woman even when he was not trying to. And had a shit ton of female hormones.

I mean, that must fuck with your mind. No wonder he went a little crazy. Very sad.

Why was Obi Wan fighting a cartoon boy?

Are we sure its not his illegitimate son?

fucking psycho.

It seems more so, in the way it's depicted in the movie, that it's a fixation, and maybe even a fetish into being a chick. I say that because I literally felt very similar when I first cross dressed as a teenager, and the feeling hasn't left.

In real life, they were very likely intersex, but that wasn't genuinely portrayed in the movie.

Improve your reading comprehension.

in the book he was actually a hermaphrodite and had ovaries.

in real life no one knows.

the movie was kind of weird about this because he had nosebleeds at the beginning but that's it. in the book his health was getting worse and worse, something to do with his hermaphroditism.

Sounds like a shitty movie then, no wonder tumblr is all upset about it.

It isn't shitty. It's decent, it just could've been made better if it was more based on the real events.

Whoa

Putin biopic when?

Lilli was insane though. She wanted to get pregnant because a letter told her to.

Is it bad that I want to creampie this hiney?

yeah

A lot of transwomen want to get pregnant. You're retarded.

>I don't need luck, I'm gooooood

Sup Forums used to hate liberals, trannies and fags. What's going on in this thread?

It's 2016.

>implying Sup Forums hasn't always had a massive hardon for edred

he's Sup Forums's number one cunnyfu, after all.

What's wrong with his lips? They look chapped.

I want to moisten them with my cum.

>What am I in for?

Sissy play, chastity stuff, pegging and other boring stuff.

Fucking 80's Jews...

Alicia Vikander looks perfect in it, so it's worth watching.

she's boring as shit