>Cheaper than vinyl
>Portable
>Smaller
>Lable easily visible on the side

So when will you admit cassettes are the BASED option

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GbGDPFVjvVU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

They're the best for making mixes and in terms of storage capacity.

>More durable than vinyl
lol

Cassettes are absolutely based, but vinyl ever so slightly edges them out for me. They both degrade every time you play them, but cassettes wear out faster.

CDs are better

>warm analog sound
not a plus
>more durable
idk if that's true
>cheaper than vinyl
true
>portable
man digital is for being in the go I don't bring more than a phone around for music
>smaller
not a plus
>label easily visible
not a big plus

i like em though

+ you can play them in your car?

>>More durable than vinyl
nani?
vinyl is forever, casettes will last a couple decades at best, and that's if you don't have a tape munching incident

Vinyl I'll degrade worse with clicks and pops with dust build up and scratches and shit

All what will happen with cassettes is the hiss will get slightly louder. I have tapes from the 80s that sound amazing

>disintegration loops start playing

>cassettes get a big revival the same way as vinyl
>"wtf I hate cassettes now"
Watch it happen.

>hating practicality because others find it practical

So why bother with everything else when digital exists in that case.

I was under the impression tapes are back because vinyl resurgence means many Beatles/Zeppelin reissues and the few vinyl pressing plants around are swamped.
Quality has nothing to do with it

I hope there's not a revival Because idiots will drive the prices up

this. only reason I ever pick up those bandcamp releases. it's a really seamless experience in most pre millennia vehicles

>More durable than vinyl

stopped reading there

Because I like physical copies...

Tape hiss ruins tape as a medium. Other than that, tapes are maximum comfy.

How are they not. You don't have to baby them like vinyl.
You can stack them
And dust won't ruin them

Also you can throw them into your backpack without worrying about them snapping in half. You can't do that with vinyl.

Not stop being a retard

And I like tape hiss. It's a lot better rthan crackling of vinyl

>Smaller
than what?

You can't make cover art for SD cards

As compared to vinyl. You can store them in a smaller space more efficiently

Yes you can youtube.com/watch?v=GbGDPFVjvVU

Tape hiss can't be compared to vinyl crackling. I have a very expensive Nakamichi tape deck that has multiple hiss reduction knobs but it doesn't matter, the hiss still remains and is annoying. Tape doesn't have a full sound to begin with, it's a very primitive format. Vinyl still remains the best analog medium if you want full, rich sound, high frequencies and deep bass. Vinyl shouldn't crackle, if it does you need to clean your records. When it does crackle, it's sporadic and not nearly as distracting as the constant underlying hiss of a tape. There's a reason there are tons of vinyl audiophiles out there but no tape audiophiles. If you got into tapes because of the audio quality, you did it wrong.

I will say that my cassette versions of some albums sound more dynamic than the cd and remastered versions

Well I'll be

I used to make queen mixtapes on cassette back in 2004/2005. I still used floppy disks back then too.