Poll: Should people on the FBI terrorist watch list and no fly list be banned from owning fire arms?

strawpoll.me/10501443
strawpoll.me/10501443
strawpoll.me/10501443

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Athens_(1946)
rt.com/usa/list-tsa-jetblue-riyannas-950/
nytimes.com/2010/01/14/nyregion/14watchlist.html?_r=0
nbcnews.com/id/10725741/ns/us_news-security/t/-year-old-turns-government-no-fly-list/
mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/congress/article49233895.html
nraila.org/articles/20160615/nra-statement-on-terror-watchlists
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Serious question, how do we currently allow gun sales to these types of people? This isn't about getting harder on gun control necessarily its about making sure the people who do buy guns are crime free and mentally stable and not terrorists , right?

Or courshe.

>Serious question, how do we currently allow gun sales to these types of people?

Because big gun corporations don't care who the fuck they sell guns to, they just want shekels.

Vote no you faggots.

All non-Burgers GTFO.

Get out abdul.

>Vote no

>35% of entries were added "accidentally"
> a person getting their name removed can expect to wait 4 years and spend millions of dollars on legal fees

Seems like a great system to base your liberty on

>not allowing terrorist own guns

you fucking fascist liberals

>you are a statist if you oppose terrorists owning guns

Due process you faggots

Uh, no shit? Why aren't they already?

Tell me who decides who gets on the list?

This is a major fucking loop-hole.

Anyone who votes yes is a retarded nigger that doesn't understand that the definition of a terrorist is arbitrary.

It needs more reform

If placed on the lists you should be temporarily barred from owning guns, 6 months.

They then have 6 months to press charges, if they can't remove you from the lists, return your weapons, and you are now allowed to purchase guns again.

The No-Fly list is already unconstitutional if they don't press charges, people should be dropped from the list automatically if they aren't charged.

Because the no fly list is a load of fucking horse shit.

What is the point of gun rights if the government gets to take them away whenever it wants without due process?

>Tell me who decides who gets on the list?

Not you Achmed

SHALL

There should be another comma in that third sentence. What I mean is, they have to charge you, or they have to drop you from the list.

Nigger, every single person that has a police record, was in jail, avoids paying taxes or anything simmilar should be banned as well.

>what is due process

So say Hillary wins, now her Gov decides all people she thinks will cause problems go on the list. Now you can't get a gun. Fucking kill yourself.

I think the question should be why are non born US citizens not thrown out of the country for being on said lists

You're literally fucking retarded if you think banning them is a good idea.
The whole point of the 2nd Amendment is to prevent the government from fucking over the citizens. If you let the government decide who gets a gun and who doesn't, there's no point in having the amendment whatsoever. Amerilards, do I really have to explain your own constitution to you?
To put it simple: You'd like to rightfully rebel against a corrupt government? Guess who's going straight on the terrorist list.

It sounds completely logical to keep people who are on terrorist watch lists to not be allowed to own a firearm. However, remember that in the States they often consider Right-wing Conservative Christians a terror threat if you're a vocal political activist. Wish I had the pictures of the slide shows that used to be passed around.

fuck you dumb reddit faggots.

there is currently ZERO process/regulations for how people get added to these 'lists'.

someone at the CIA or FBI or the ingger himself just says 'oh i think so and so should be added to our list' and BAM, you're on the fucking list.

which means every single person in the country that votes republican will immediately be added to their lists.

>Poll: Should people being investigated by the FBI for gross negligence when handling classified info and racketeering for government influence banned from running for public office?

fixed that for you!

>muh guns
>muh fight against totalitarian gommies
>Oh shit, nevermind Trump says it's OKAY!

Jesus, just bend your ass over at his next rally.

Fucking fascists don't deserve freedom.

>You're literally fucking retarded if you think banning them is a good idea.
>The whole point of the 2nd Amendment is to prevent the government from fucking over the citizens. If you let the government decide who gets a gun and who doesn't, there's no point in having the amendment whatsoever. Amerilards, do I really have to explain your own constitution to you?
>To put it simple: You'd like to rightfully rebel against a corrupt government? Guess who's going straight on the terrorist list.

Listen to this man Sup Forums. He speaks the TRUTH!

Fuck all of the Cunts who votes Yes on this poll.

owning, or purchasing?
taking your guns away isn't the same as keeping you from getting more guns temporarily

bullshit at your fucking 6 months.

they get 72 hours to try to find dirt on me. that is IF this fucking anti american shit goes through.

3 days you statist niggers. if you cant find anything credible then, fuck off with your list.

No. People on the Terrorist Watch list and No Fly list should be given due process.

The no due process part of the no-fly list is what makes this a bad idea.

If someone is so dangerous they can't fly on a plane they're too dangerous to own a gun makes sense. If they're that dangerous press charges and throw them in jail. No longer a threat to society.

if the FBI is watching the terrorist, who cares what guns they own.. they are being watched already right? also, the no fly list has no due process and no way to get off. its completely criminal.

The whole point of the "no fly list" it's that there are no real legal consequences to bring put there, which it's why due process doesn't matter. Airlines are private companies and refusing service isn't really an issue. Liberals are so fucking stupid and don't understand this, assuming that the list will remain as-is, but with additional powers.

They're fucking wrong.

The second the list has real legal consequences, it'll get ripped apart. Those people the FBI was monitoring and keeping tabs on with this list will be able to get themselves removed because, like you said, you can't infringe liberties without cause. Unless they are actually charged with intent in some act, they'll walk.

Fuck you Obama. Fuck you Hillary. Fuck you Trump. Knee jerk reactionary fascism will ruin this country.

>implying this accomplishes anything

>libertarians will vote no

The list itself isn't criminal. The restrictions on movement, and possibly guns, are where it steps into unconstitutional grounds.

>press charges and throw them in jail

fuck that. send them back to fuckoffistan. 99% of the niggers on these lists are fuckers that dont belong here. immigrants.

>retards will vote yes

If due process is involved, then yes.

more like 60%.

but it never will just like there is no due process with the government hacking your shit.

It's one thing to say convicted felons aren't allowed to own firearms, which in some states they can regain the right.

It's entirely different to say someone VAGUELY SUSPECTED of a crime isn't a citizen with full rights.

Don't be an idiot.

Because serving US congressmen have been put on the no fly list. it doesn't make sense

>VAGUELY SUSPECTED of a crime
more like vaguely suspected of considering to commit a crime.

People who are on the terror watch list shouldn't be able to own guns.
People should know WHO is on the terror watch list.
People should know HOW they get on the terror watch list.
People should have to go through a trial and due process to be placed on the watch list.
As good as it sounds, the agency running this list (((Schindler's))) will fuck it up and target specific groups of people, such as conservative groups, like the IRS targeting. It is for this reason, I am against it.

This ^
/thread

then do you agree that the standards should be higher or they should be watched in case, or just level the playing field

I believe every citizen in the United States should not have their rights guaranteed by the constitution should never ever be taken away until they are tried and convicted in a court of law with the option of a trial by jury.

>libertardian detected

fuck no, everyone will end up on the goddamn list. TSA lines will be shorter though

>United States should not have their rights guaranteed by the constitution should never ever be taken away

That is a fucked up sentence,

Then everyone who thinks that the government should have absolute powers over our lives isn't a libertarian?

No, the no fly lists are a joke as they are now. If they required an actual reason to put someone on one, sure. But that's not going to happen.

>I believe every citizen in the United States should not have their rights guaranteed by the constitution ever be taken away until they are tried and convicted in a court of law with the option of a trial by jury.

innocent until proven guilty you fucking retards REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>Then everyone who thinks that the government should have absolute powers over our lives isn't a libertarian?

>banning terrorists from owning guns
>government having absolute power over our lives

>banning terrorists from owning guns

What the fuck is a terrorist then?

tough question but i've always held on to the idea that arbitrary government is bad and people shouldn't be deprived of their rights without due process. the sticking point is that holding radical views is not in itself a crime and nor should it be. i endorse free speech and a wide open market place of ideas so any law which basically says don't say anything """radical""" or lose your rights is a tough sell. the only legitimate way to restrict a person's rights is if they've been convicted of something. so if the goal is to take the guns out of the hands of potential terrorists to criminalize some of the other behaviors in which they engage.

>What the fuck is a terrorist then?

People who are going to do harm to others. The only people who would be considered over this would be terrorists themselves. If you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to fear.

>no due process
>no strict scrutiny
no buy
Stop sucking dicks OP

I got a monster captcha in that poll

Every image I ticked loaded a new one

This is actually a interesting study. On logical dilemmas pol reaches a conclusion that is much more unanimous. However, this question involves a large moral aspect, the result being that pol is more split.

>People who are going to do harm to others.
Who decides this?

>The only people who would be considered over this would be terrorists themselves.
WHO IS FUCKING DECIDING THIS? If an SJW cuck appointed by Hillary saw all your Sup Forums posts stored in the NSA data center in Utah would you end up on the terror list as a right wing extremist?

We already know 35% of people on the list have no reason to be suspected.

>conservatives complain about liberals having gun free zones while having these same gun free zones at their own events

why the gop is really pro-gun they should allow people to carry guns at the RNC? oh wait, they are not going to do that because they are cowards.

i would like to see milo give a speech in front of armed audience

if the gop is really pro-gun*

Thing is, the FBI wants over 4 million people on the ban list, they consider nationalists just as dangerous and terrorists

>WHO IS FUCKING DECIDING THIS?

Government. Why the fuck should I care? I'm not a terrorist like you Achmed.

If you guys are so concerned about no due process, then why don't you go protest and vote to appeal no fly lists or modify them to have due process? Your liberty had already been compromised, yet you only complain when your guns are in jeopardy?

Just admit it you just like your guns. I do too but I'm not delusional. Be consistent and not knee-jerk jerkoffs and maybe people will take you seriously.

Only if there has been due process to be put on those lists.

You can get put on the list for shit you put on your social media accounts. Do you really want to lose your rights because some idiot doesn't like your Facebook posts?

go die in a fire.

The government can not be trusted unless they fear us.

Should hate speech put you on a terror list?

There are no arguments here.

Thats why you put them to trial. Jury of peers and all that happy horseshit.

This isn't like "mentally ill" where it can be easily manipulated. Getting on an FBI watch list takes a lot more time and work on the part of the government than a hospital file that says yes or no.
I see both causes as good arguments but side with the ban to preserve greater individual freedom and give lip service to the alarmists.

sjws should arm themselves at a milo event to show how pro-gun milo actually is.
all these conservatives are only pro-gun when the people who have the guns think like they do. they act pretty anti-gun when they see new black panther party members with guns.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Athens_(1946)

>Athens
>USA

Eat shit retard. We aren't some third world shit hole.

Last I heard they were going to

rt.com/usa/list-tsa-jetblue-riyannas-950/
nytimes.com/2010/01/14/nyregion/14watchlist.html?_r=0
nbcnews.com/id/10725741/ns/us_news-security/t/-year-old-turns-government-no-fly-list/
mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/congress/article49233895.html

wtf point are you trying to make? Are you butthurt because the town is named Athens?

I said no, but "terrorist" needs to be very concisely defined. This could be used as a manipulative tool to attack preppers, or gear fanatics from owning gear that they take pride in. I agree with background checks because that looks at illegal things you have already been convicted for... But the government could choose to label "anyone" a terrorist if it suits their agenda. It's a slippery slope.

>NO DUE PROCESS

>NO
>DUE
>PROCESS

I WANT THE FUCKING LIBERALS IN MY THREAD TO LEAVE

ARE YOU ACTUALLY STUPID ENOUGH TO VOTE YES? MIGHT AS WELL SHIT ON THE CONSTITUTION WHILE YOU'RE AT IT.

GET RID OF THE JUDICIAL SYSTEM WHILE WE'RE AT IT

Admittedly the idea is actually reasonable, no fly list = no guns. The execution is poor because there's no due process but shouldn't you be trying to fix that?

Why is it that gunfags are literally unwilling to move one inch or negotiate at all?

yes

no
kikes will put everyone on the list

If you put getting rid of that shit to a vote I will vote for it, I live in Arizona what would you like me to do? Fly to DC and stand outside with a sign and be completely ignored?

When you are sentenced for committing a crime you lose your rights.
Felons already lose the right to own guns.

Being suspected of something isn't a crime.

>Being suspected of something isn't a crime.

So you would be ok with someone like Omar Marteen owning a gun?

Why not nullify their fourth amendment rights? It would lead to more arrests and lives saved if we could just break into their homes randomly.
Why not nullify their first amendment rights? That way if anyone reads anything terroristic we can just arrest them for pre-crime.

>but side with the ban to preserve greater individual freedom and give lip service to the alarmists.
Fuck off you moron. There is NO appeasement that can be struct with Commies. You give them something and they ask for MORE.

And on and on it goes. These people do not stop. I vote NO.

>which means every single person in the country that votes republican will immediately be added to their lists.
If only

Before or after he committed a crime?

If anything he did before the shooting was illegal then he goes to court and gets sentenced.

The police can't be trusted to regulate themselves. That is why we have trials.

Daily reminder that the NRA themselves proposed a bill to block those on the terror watchlists from purchasing a gun; HOWEVER the liberals refused to accept their bill because it included protections against Federal abuse.

When the liberals were given EXACTLY what they've been asking for, but without the ability to create a permanent secret backdoor list to ban all gun owners with no due process and no recourse, the liberals REFUSED TO VOTE FOR IT.

When the (((media))) tries to blame no action on the FBI Watchlist on the NRA, they are lying propaganda-spewing kikes.

The Jew refuses to talk about it.
When a Jew speaks he's lying.

nraila.org/articles/20160615/nra-statement-on-terror-watchlists

Isn't that what the liberals do, and where has this county been headed?

But seriously, vote, be active in your communities, there's not much else you CAN do.

At the end of the day all you can say is you tried, and if things get real bad, time to overthrow the govnt again.

Commies will not stop until every US citizen is disarmed.

I actually don't know if I support this under ZOG, not because of muh liberty but because they could really fuck over the burgeoning white consciousness or redneck militias. It would be so much easier just to remove kebab.

>Before or after he committed a crime?

You didn't answer my question.

I'm probably one of 3 people in their 20s that actually votes on local issues so I'm already on it

Someone hijacked my response.I was agreeing that trials are needed for no fly lists.

This so much.

Not even about being a libertarian it is about common fucking sense. Anything other than this is facism.

I did you stupid nigger, when you commit a crime you have a trial, the government is not allowed to take your rights away for no reason. (I already said this)

Saying you are going to kill people is illegal. If the police could prove Omar was conspiring to do something wrong, then they have full rights to arrest him. This isn't fucking minority report.

I'm sorry your peanut brain can't understand that.