Billy Corgan reunites with Smashing Pumpkins’ James Iha and Jimmy Chamberlin in the studio

Are you ready for The Smashing Pumpkins to make a comeback, Sup Forums?

consequenceofsound.net/2018/01/billy-corgan-reunites-with-smashing-pumpkins-james-iha-and-jimmy-chamberlin-in-the-studio/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vTm2XOn1qlo
youtube.com/watch?v=q1-27XF4f4Q
youtube.com/watch?v=f2-LboC19W8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>no d'arcy

it takes one bad lip injection to ruin a life

they've done this a few times before... --it means nothing and will not last

Of course it won't last. However, we might get an album and a tour or two. It seems like Billy and James Iha have finally made peace.

Billy and Jimmy together is where the magic happens. You can tell how shit somebody's opinion is based on how much they think James or D'arcy did fucking anything in that band other than stand around and look interesting.

I want a second Zeitgeist. Nobody takes that album seriously but the soft-boy buttrock tracks on it are so fucking good. Tarantula and Bring The Light are some of the best SP songs.

Billy has and always be the main songwriter, their addition to the band is nothing but aesthetic

I'm not optimistic about this. Billy has kind of run out of shit to say. A lot of his newer songs sound the same/say the same things.

>Chamberlain
>just asthetic

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwww laddie

what's it like being retarded?

now that he has a relatively happy life he's not writing shit like in the 90s.

he writes about love a lot now

I actually agree, zeitgeist is among their most underated albums

ONE TWO THREE FOUR
UNO
DOS
TRES
CUATRO

I dont understand how he had disagreements with James. He seems pretty even tempered and easy going James.

Billy's music has mostly been boring this millennium, bar a couple of good tracks like One and All which was essentially just his old stuff. Chamberlin is one of the best drummers of all time so will make things interesting having him back in the mix.

i'd be all in for it. If he'd play some more shit from Mellon Collie

don't be like that....he needs to reinvent himself.

Perhaps having James back could have a placebo effect on Billy to write better music.

not the three hits. But if he could play the gems off it

James did after all write their best song, Mayonaise.

>James not close to level of Billy's skills (guitar/songwriting)
>on Siamese Dream Billy records all the guitar and bass parts by himself because D'arcy and James take too long to record
>Billy always takes spotlight
>Billy is the only one with writing credits
>James tries to go solo and bombs without even mentioning it to the band
>James and D'arcy dated and broke up so there was tension between them too

I'm assuming he felt undervalued or something

James only came up with the chord progression for the first part of the song i think
Billy wrote the lyrics and the rest of the guitar parts

same thing happened with Soma

Billy is a fat conservative now he isn't a depressed boy anymore he isn't gonna write the same stuff like on siamese dream or mellon collie

>he writes about love a lot now
correction, he writes about God a lot now.

If he uses the word 'lover' in any more of his songs I swear to god...

And he wrote one of the best post-pumpkins songs
youtube.com/watch?v=vTm2XOn1qlo

fuck me, the deep cuts on Mellon Collie are still so good

they're overproduced as fuck, but damn
youtube.com/watch?v=q1-27XF4f4Q

does anyone feel like the Pumpkins would have been better if Billy wasnt the vocalist? Sometimes they are painful. They go well on tracks like 1979 though

>overproduced as fuck
Fuck you they're perfect

I enjoy his nasal tone, it's better than the guy from Placebo at least

No, his voice is a huge part of their sound. He should have let D'Arcy sing more though
youtube.com/watch?v=f2-LboC19W8

I hated them the first time around. What makes you think I'm going to like them now?

Isn't James Iha touring with A Perfect Circle right now?

No one said you would, snowflake cakeboy.

Wow

I forgot about this song

Billy said he saw James Iha on the street in NYC around the time 9/11 happened and James Iha refused to talk to him

It ain't the smashing pumpkins without Darcy

he just said that when Iha noticed him he just left

agree. he wasn't much of a singer; live you never knew if his voice was going to be in tune or just completely atonal and try to cover it up by screaming.

Zeitgiest was ass, IMO Smashing Pumpkins last good shit was Machina II