ITT: sound design

Give me your autistic complains about sound design

>laser guns sounds like shit and they have been sounding like shit since the 50s.
Elyseum is the first case of an energy gun that doesn't sound like "pew pew", but as the legit shitfucker that an advanced weapon is supposed to be.
>even advanced robots do awful mechanical noises
If they want to show how advanced they are, wouldn't be more desirable if they didn't make any sound at all?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UFnmq5PPScA
youtu.be/8PNi2nC5iLA
youtu.be/ECemP5fi_n0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Watch True Lies I was let down by how wimpy the guns sounded, compare them to Die Hard and it's like night and day, that shit actually made Bruce Willis partially deaf

>Wilhelm scream anywhere
It's not funny or a nod to anything, it just ruins any action sequence.

>deafening score ruptures my eardrums and wakes any neighbors in a five-block radius
>dialogue so quiet it's nearly subliminal

Every fucking time

fucking Nolan, man.
But that's more about mastering that about sound design.

I am so tired of the inception BWAAAAAAAMMM

I have never heard a wilhelm scream in a movie. I know what it is, I know what it sounds like, but I can't remember a movie that uses it. It's fucking weird.

youtube.com/watch?v=UFnmq5PPScA
This fight has some of the worst sound effects I have heard and apparently I am the only person who noticed. Once you hear it, you can't unhear it.
>PHWIP, POW, PUUUU

Guns. Almost never done right. Guns make more of a crack while they always give them this bassy bang, boom or pop. I guess if they used the right sound it'd be harsher on the ears tho

Not related to the thread, but it's ironic that the color graduation looks so similar to the movies made today

hahahahahhaha that punch sound

I actually like how they modify the sound for the automatic rifles

It's REALLY obvious when it happens

I guess I'm not paying enough attention

kek it's like old kung fu movie

With regards to all these complaints, I refer you to Robocop.

Absolutely god-tier sound design throughout.

youtu.be/8PNi2nC5iLA

God dammit, wrong scene.

youtu.be/ECemP5fi_n0

>laser guns dont go pewpew
>they go SWOSWOSWOSWOSWO

in 99% of the movies gun shots are way too quiet.

During the Millennium Falcon chase scene in the first act of TFA the laser turret sounds not only different but boring as fuck and it actually ruined the scene for me. They went out of their way to make that movie a "callback" (remake) of ANH. The engines still sounded the same, the console beeping in the turret control station sounded the same, but the turret firing was different. It doesn't bother me that it was different, but the fact that each shot sounded like a hanging rug being hit with a baseball bat.

Hacksaw Ridge was majestic in this.
I already feel bad for people who watch it with poor quality of sound.

stock sound effects