If you dont have synesthesia there is no point in even trying to be musician

you're literally competing with people who have an understanding of music that is 100 times more powerful than an eq analizer and its just built into their mind. over the last few months ive come to realize that literally 90% of sucessful musicians either have synesthesia or have people working closely with them who have synesthesia

trying to compete them is not possible for the average non synesthlet. iliterally the synesthesia chad, the non synesthesia virgin

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JSpS3TFS3P0&t=2667s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

t. music isn't my real passion so i made myself an excuse

i have synesthesia though

Synesthesia is only useful if you make abstract, complex and experimental art, you don't need synesthesia to make conventional music. You still can be successful for the rest.

youtube.com/watch?v=JSpS3TFS3P0&t=2667s

>Listens to Aphex Twin once

C - Regular Blue and White, like a normal winter day with snow
C# - Purple-Violet
D - Turquoise (a bit more on the Green side), like a turtle roaming a river on a Spring day
D# - Light Violet, like a night sky
E - Pure Yellow, like the Sun (a summer vibe)
F - a light Pink-Magenta, with a sunset-ish vibe
F# - Red, like a pure sunset (with some Black)
G - Turquoise meets Sky Blue, a lighter Spring day
G# - Mid-Violet, like a cloudy dusk
A - Green, like a regular sunny day at any season
Bb - Silver/Gray mixed with Purple and Black
B - Orange-Yellow, like a sunny day in Autumn

If you disagree, go swim in the saliva of piranhas.

oh shit i guess it's over then, bye moo

I have colours like this for the months of the year, does that mean I have it?

Making music is fun though

tism

>being synestheic but also colorblind
lmaoing at you''re lyfe rn

if you dont have a vagina there is no point in even trying to be musician.

you're literally competing with people who have an understanding of music that is 100 times more powerful than an wrinkled, disgusting penis and balls and its just built into their bodies. over the last few months ive come to realize that literally 90% of sucessful musicians either have a vagina or have people working closely with them who have a vagina

trying to compete them is not possible for the average non vaginlet. iliterally the vagina chad, the non vaginlet virgin

hello, do timbres have different colors for you as well or is it just pitch?
also synesthetes have famously argued over what they experience. do you have any other synesthesias? all I have is audio-visual.

You're a bunch of dumb fucks. Synesthesia is subjective for the individual experiencing it. People can have varying levels of intensity and different associations. There is literally no way that it could be advantageous unless it happened to go along with whatever trend style people are following. Otherwise it's more likely to be a hindrance because some frequencies are too intense. Also wtf are you going to do around other music that makes your synesthesia go apeshit?

Does Synesthesia look just as real as an actual object in front of you or is it just a strong image in your head. I get images and colors in my head when I listen to music (similar to something like Fantasia) but nothing that feels physical.

I'm pretty sure 99% of successful musicians don't have synesthesia and 99% of people with synesthesia aren't successful musicians.

That's like saying you have to have autism to be a successful mathematician.

>implying synesthesia isn't just a meme and 95% of people who claim to "have" it are either attention seeking faggots or delusional

>literally 90% of sucessful musicians either have synesthesia or have people working closely with them who have synesthesia
You just made that up, didn't you?

real synesthesia musical has nothing to do with notes though. you have letter based synesthesia

this reads like great copy
the absolute state of this board

its not actually that vivid of an experience most people dont even realize they have it until they try to break down music to another person and get a blank stare

i don't understand. don't people normally associate colours with mood? ""synesthesia"" sounds like bullshit and i gaurentee a lot of musicians say they have it just to be deep

no i did not, i work in the industry

most musicians dont even say they have it because it sounds autistic as fuck. i would never actually admit it to another person unless they admitted it first. you can hear it in their lyrics though and working with people in the studio i can tell who has it by how they describe music

>mfw my only synesthesia is that I feel some kinds of pain (mainly cuts) as red and other kinds (blunt trauma) as dark blue/purple.
Kinda fitting since I'm a doctor though but still useless.

when you think of songs you know well do you remember them as a color or colors that never change. if you do try closing your eyes and see if that color appears behind your eye when you listen to it. you'll understand then why you associate certain songs with certain colors

The color for me changes based on the timbre and the context in the scale
If I play in D major all I can fucking think of is shiny blue, but I just play a straight C over and over it's green and black, c# is yellow

>Like many musicians, Charli embraces her synesthesia and uses it to make her music: “I see music in [colors]. I love music that’s black, pink, purple or red—but I hate music that’s green, yellow or brown.” From her perspective, Charli says, the Cure’s music is “all midnight blue or black, but with twinkly pink stars and baby pink clouds floating around it.”

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

I know you're trolling but this is actually true

that actually sounds pretty accurate though. i believe her, especially of the cure and especially because she grouped browns greens and yellows together as a seperate entity to the purples reds and blues

kek

ok retard

threads like these are why I don't talk to anyone about synesthesia anymore except with close friends

ive never said it out loud and i dont plan to

>over the last few months ive come to realize that literally 90% of sucessful musicians either have synesthesia or have people working closely with them who have synesthesia
[citation needed]

>she has imaginary friends

kek

C - literally “regular” and “white”
wow such an original association

definitley not conditioned or forced at all

well done

you think I'm a she?

this

I think you're a girl (male)

I am cisgendered, turbonerd

I have synesthesia where i associate these little squiggly lines with sounds. I can hear the sounds in my head when i look at them

These were colors I experienced as a kid listening to music, before I actually knew the names of notes.

Piss on a gnome's mouth, fag.

this

if you “see music in color” you aren’t suicidally depressed enough to be a musician anyway

>literally my dad works at nintendo
your shitty bandcamp project with 19 followers isnt actually an industry job

>ywn be synesthetic
>ywn have absolute pitch
>ywn be talented at any instrument
>ywn make music that has any worth
>ywn accomplish your dreams

Why FUCKING live. Fuck you a million times op.

Ask your uncle if he can get me a copy of Super Mario 64 2, since he works at nintendo.

unlucky inferior person

I fail to see how it aids in the creation of music. I have synesthesia as well. Explain further, OP.

i thought the point was that it's fun

synesthesia is fucking horseshit

gimme a break you FAGS

beethoven was deaf you fucking dimwit

i honestly think the most important part is knowing the distinction between greens browns and yellows and purples reds blues

people who understand that distinction make good music, people who dont make goofy sounding ugly music, some will fluke arrangments by copying palletes of people with synesthesia but they will never be able to replicate that cohesiveness independently

you can always spot a goof because they mix all these gross colors together that have no place being beside one and other. you can mix them a little but its when its just blaring that it sounds disgusting

I had strong visual synesthesia while on LSD does that count? Although that would mean the only meaningful music experience I've had was spent listening to SremmLife 2, ALLA, and a bunch of sound cloud one hit wonders