How the FUCK does this have so many views?

How the FUCK does this have so many views?

Come to think of it all of their songs have tens upon tens of millions of views. Even ones I've never heard of. What gives?

Ummmmmmmmm they’re a good band??????????????

inb4 underageb&

Yes, yes; she's dead. My money is on the same fuckers who killed chester and cornell

Ok but literally this video has like 6x the amount of views as a lot of other hugely popular pre-millennium songs. Even Michael Jackson's biggest songs don't even come close to half of that.

Even the most viewed Beatles video is 111m

Won the YouTube related lottery

On all of their videos?

Zombie was a huge hit

The Cranberries are very popular among singers worldwide and are kind of the dark horse of 90s bands. Their albums went 2-7x platinum in the US. Zombie was a huge alt-hit with a popular video

The Beatles fucked themselves over by having less content on YT than Black Sabbath

I know Americans only know Zombie but where I'm from, Linger and Dreams are arguably bigger.

incredibly popular singles (Dreams, Zombie, Linger) that fit into a variety of algorithmically generated playlists ("90s hits," "goth music," "alternative," etc.)

also all of their hits are BANGERS and deserve all those views

The Cranberries were kinda big in the '90s, especially here in Europe.
"Zombie" was pretty much everywere in 1994-1995 and it even won a MTV Video Music Award for best song.

Other videos for comparison:
Oasis - Wonderwall (2 official videos): 300m combined (increased by 80m in the past year alone)
Outkast - Ms Jackson - 98m
Gorillaz - Feel Good Inc - 150m
U2 - With or Without You - 272m
R.E.M. - Losing My Religion - 451m (receives 500k views a day)
Bruce Springsteen - Dancing In the Dark - 83m
Earth, Wind, and Fire - September - 162m
Kool and the Gang - Celebration - 113m
Smashing Pumpkins - 1979 - 65m

She's wearing gold paint in the tumbnail. That's why I clicked on it.

The Beatles went turbojew and took everything down and only just started uploading a few videos

The song might have been popular outside of the western world, somewhere like China. That's usually the case with videos that have way more views than it seems they should.

more people's parents have these on CD because they had many singles released on those albums

>how does a famous song get so many views???
This board gets dumber by the day

those were hits in America too, they just didn't become as memey as Zombie

those 3 singles have also been used in countless of movies, trailers and tv shows

this. Certain rock bands are still HUGE in parts of asia and south america. That's why for example REM gets half a million views a day on LMR for seemingly no reason. You can tell because the comments will be saturated with like non-Latin characters or "COME TO BRAZIL !!!" shity

Everyone in the West has already heard those songs or they'll only spike if something newsworthy happens (for example, the Gallagher brothers were in the media constantly last year, so Oasis' videos all spiked last year despite everyone and their mother having heard the singles a million times over the past 25 years)

I met this 19 year old Nepalese guy once and apparently everyone back home is obsessed with Bon Jovi and Guns and Roses and Eric Clapton still.

>Won
They pay for that space

It really doesn't make any sense

Not even Nirvana has that many views on any of their videos

Also The Cranberries uploaded all their videos in 2009 so they benefitted from the fact that streaming services at that point were non-existent compared to today (digital downloads were still the norm), so those racked up a lot of views, whereas now most casual music listeners are split between youtube, spotify, apple music, etc. etc. for instant access to individual songs.

Zombie's been several million views ahead of Teen Spirit for years now, so the pace has been constant

Close, but no cigar.

Yeah. I guess in some on some South Asian island there's a legion of internet users who have just discovered the Cranberries.

how does it not make sense? Zombie charted higher than any Nirvana songs in many countries.

Probably half of those views are from kids first time on the internet looking for something spooky and scary. A simple one word search for horror movies, a word that is nearly identical across most languages and a thumbnail that looks like it might be some zombie summoning ritual.

Sometimes songs resonate with further generations more than songs which are more popular at the time. Paranoid is now on par with Bridge Over Troubled Water but the latter was a much bigger single in 1970. There are dozens of songs much bigger than Zombie in 1994 which are now literally who tier

Yeah but I feel like generally speaking:
are all more well known/familiar to the general public than Zombie is.

Zombie has more views than global #1 hits like I Will Always Love You and Baby One More Time. Are you going to tell me The Cranberries were bigger than Whitney Houston and Britney Spears?

No, just Cranberries fans are more likely to listen to their favorite songs on youtube than Britney Spears and Whitney Houston fans

Compare Zombie views to a band like Collective Soul, who had a bunch of hits in the 90s.

Their videos have like 20 million views max.

Collective Soul is literally who tier outside of North America tho.
Nobody in Europe has ever listened to them, while The Cranberries were pretty big across the whole continent.

Who was bigger The Cranberries or Oasis?

They were on par pretty much

Oasis much bigger in Britain though

Its one of those youtube videos that always recommended

666million, I like it

Oasis has probably been the biggest rock band in the UK since the Beatles, so there's really no contest.
But in continental europe they were pretty much on par, both in terms of populary and radio airplay.

I have literally never heard a Cranberries song. I didn't even know who the fuck the Cranberries were until that girl died the other day.

Hey dude how's middle school?

they're popular in South America and Asia

That's because normies listened to BOTW while you never heard Black Sabbath outside of a 14 year old stoner's bedroom.

Are you underage though? Linger and Zombie were huge songs.

I'm 19 years old. I'm going to have a listen to these two songs and see if I have heard them anywhere before. Chances are that I probably haven't.

Where are you from?

Australia.

And just skimmed through the two songs. Have definitely never heard them before in my life.

I'm 25 and had never heard of them until like a month ago I saw the Zombie song on TV, I live in NZ

Weird. Zombie was a #1 hit in Australia and they had six other Top 40h hits there. Have you never heard of Oasis either?

The band? Yeah I've heard of them but never listened to their music.

everyone knows Oasis because of Wonderwall

this. Oasis are a one hit wonder though.

"where is my mind at" was huge, even here in NA...remember Fight Club?

champagne supernova was a hit

where?

0/10 ain't taking this weak ass bait m8.

>Canada Peak position: 11
>US Billboard Hot 100 Airplay Peak position: 20
>US Billboard Modern Rock Tracks Peak position: 1

irrelevant meme countries

t. American

Oasis would have been much bigger here in NA, but around the time of the tour the brothers were really fighting and if i remember right...split up during the end?

This is really intuitive, I’d put some money on this theory

what's wimm got to do with the cranberries...

It was hit in 90's in Europe. I still listen it sometimes like any 90's music.

This is a big part of it. I can totally see a GenX mom (or anyone really) not owning a Cranberries album or using a streaming service but they have Zombie in their 'work' or 'workout' or 'inspirational' playlist on YouTube.

I only know those three Cranberries songs and I know them by heart and I'm not a fan really. They're just omnipresent, really big hits and used in a bunch of stuff too.

Hello from VIETNAM very popular good band

this song kinda sux

a lot of those music videos were uploaded by VEVO, usually they'll put how many views the music video had before they reuploaded it in the description

It's a meme song

>found dead in toilet
>no further details released, not even the cause of death
>police treat the case as "not suspicious"
So what the fuck happened? Was it suicide and they're not making it public because of family's request for privacy, or what? With Chester the cause of death was made public right away

dude how old are you.

the cranberries were fucking huge, and their songs have lasted in popularity well past when youtube began. Its not that surprising. Youtubes been around for a decade.

That song gets a lot of radio play for some reason. That's how I remember hearing it a few times.

European viewers
For example Arctic Monkey's "Do I Wanna Know" has 550M despite not being a hit on America compared the big alt rock hits of the 2010s that have 100-200M

College radio played them plenty, just mainstream kept to Zombie.

I'm in asia, and in my country their hits are still being played in the radi. They're one of the biggest international band and they're one of the most recognizable.

They're not mu-tier, but they're actually big, especially during tneir prime (90s to early 2000s) desu

*theyr're nkt mu-tjer, that's why they are rarely discussed her, and that is why fags like you have probably neber heard them.

Apology for typos

t. mobile poster

If you are in contact with normie culture, a lot of band kids/glee club types are into them and a lot of people sing their songs on tv shows in the US/UK. Sup Forums doesn't have contact with that though

Dude wtf do you live under a rock or something?
I'm 18 from Australia and have heard all of the big cranberries songs multiple times since I was younger

Holy shit, I assumed that was fake.

What's the most-watched song on YouTube?

DES
PA
CITO

I had no idea videos have billions of views.

That's by the pixies you fuck

Where have you been
Gangnam Style has had over 2 billion for a few years

fucking milenials man...

i got "everybody else is doing it" last year in 24bit/192khz and its a remarkably well engineered and dynamic emotional masterpiece....something about is just so fresh... it screams 90's in a good way. totally changed my perspecitve from smashing out some hit machine singles from my boom box in the 90's

i recommend everone hunt it down

i dunno man fucking millenials...

got this last year

you fucking plebs are missing out

monetized clicks work like bitcoin... many little browsers in venuzuela clicking away

Do i wanna know was big in america tho

a whole fuck load of time passed on this earth before you were born, which i assume was post-millennium

>How the FUCK does this have so many views?
just search for zombie (on youtube, google, etc) and you might get an idea why

remember that shitty dayz game that was an autistic army simulator but they added zombies and everyone and their mum bought it cuz zombies

zombies are some kind of megameme

people like to listen to anything with a good beat really, lol

Is there any rock song that beats November Rain (929.8m) ?

same reason 99 Luftballons was such a big hit, it was a very relevant politically motivated song about peace

dude actually WHAT?
It's insane that from what I checked it has more views than ALL of the biggest hits from the 90's on youtube
like I'm not discrediting the song but HOW in the FUCK does it have more views than the fucking Smells Like Teen Spirit music video?

It's that good

The Beatles didn't do shit since only Ringo is left. The Jews are the once fucking with that.