If these 4 people had never been born an entire genre of music would have never been created

>if these 4 people had never been born an entire genre of music would have never been created

Mazzy Star's She Hangs Brightly predates Loveless, and could also have sparked the genre.

A better example

Terrible bait

whos that qt3.14 girl on the right with the ozzy tattoo on her fingers?

When you think about it there's really only 200-300 individuals responsible for shaping music into what it is today. Pretty fucking crazy.

and most of them had terrible taste, judging by the state of pop music

you mean only kevin

But Led Zeppelin

unless you mean doom metal then nvm

Helter Skelter came out before that and I'm sure heavy 50s rock would eventually have been rediscovered and evolved into metal, just in a different form. This is a much better example, though.

What the fuck are you talking about
That's alt-country at best

Dazed and Confused is the first Doom metal song

>alt-country
dude stop

oh yea that is very doomy, but I'd argue Black Sabbath was much more influential in the formation of actual doom metal

>muh groundbreaking Helter Skelter

hard rock not metal, and bands at the same time were already doing songs both harder and more metal than Helter Skelter. ex: Blue Cheer

>le one band invented a genre meme
Literally '1910 - music started'. Have you ever heard of the Cocteau Twins or Spacemen 3?

The title track is pretty psychedelic, but the rest of it is chiefly rooted in blues and country
It really has almost nothing to do with shoegaze

>Have you ever heard of the Cocteau Twins or Spacemen 3?
oh yes those derivative "turn reverb up to 11" bands

No it's not

>Isn't Anything doesn't exist
>You Made Me Realise doesn't exist
>Tremolo doesn't exist

You could have said Jesus and Mary Chain

This pretty much
You Made Me Realise was the true genesis of shoegaze, but as long as JAMC, Cocteau Twins, and Spacemen 3 existed someone would have gotten there eventually

Helter Skelter is actually pretty important but is miles away from Sabbath. Sabbath had the insanely heavy (especially for the time) riffs and the dark tone as well as subject matter that gave birth to what Metal would become. The only thing Sabbath really lacked were some really break neck speed songs (although each album tended to have at least one speedier track) and the production to really give their music the extra kick it needed. Still though. When compared to their contemporaries like Zeppelin and Purple I think Sabbath really stand out as the best example of a true Metal band.

Literally proving his point right