Tfw this is going to be called a classic in 5 years

tfw this is going to be called a classic in 5 years

It won't and you know it

It's already a classic, faggot.

classic already desu lads

It's already a classic in my eyes. The fact that it's short and to the point really helps it imo, with every track being a catchy banger that's just good, stupid fun.

duuude just turn off your brain haha
the music doent have to be well-written it jusgota bang lmaooooooooo
th producshun can be unlistenable mann you just gottta turn of your brian duuuuudee haha esketiiit

There's nothing wrong with music that's good at delivering visceral intensity. Lil Pump's s/t is better at doing that start to finish than arguably any other hip hop release. Even other "classics" in hip hop that are bangers front to end aren't this consistent due to usually being bloated as fuck.

There's nothing wrong with the production either, it's very slick and polished as rawer production leads to a less hard hitting sound in hip hop. The vocals are simple and shouted off to deliver that hard hitting feel as well.

But then, why am I responding to a troll who chooses to post on a thread about an album they probably not even dislike, but also probably have never listened to?

Blogpost incoming:
First of all, I have listened to it. Multiple times, actually. Second of all, though I suppose it could've been an "intense" record, the production and instrumentation suck away all possible emotion the album could've had. You say it's slick and polished, I say it's sterile and uninteresting, even actively obnoxious at times. Why can't hip-hop producers accept that 808 hi-hats do not sound good when they're used as the main percussion? I don't know about you, but I don't enjoy having a literal water sprinkler going off in my ear for 36 minutes. There's nothing hard-hitting about it, really. If anything it's quite forgettable. Overall, the mixtape fails to accomplish what it set out to do.
Also, I don't recall the vocals ever being shouted- they're mumbled, and Pump's voice is not a pleasant one to listen to. Of course, you don't need to have a technically good voice to be a hard-hitting vocalist, but Pump's vocals seem bored and effortless, which contrasts with the supposed intensity you rave about.
In the end, it all comes down to a matter of taste, though. I hate "bangers" with a passion- not that I dislike having fun, but most of the tracks people classify under "banger" seem to have one uniform sound. I don't like that sound at all, honestly. I've already mentioned that I dislike the constant use of trap hi-hats, but another problem I have is that many of these song have no progression whatsoever. They just repeat the same loop they made in FL Studio for 2-3 minutes. I'd be fine with the repetition if it was done to create a hypnotic atmosphere or emphasize the "visceral intensity" you were talking about, but instead the songs just sort of end having accomplished absolutely nothing. It comes off as lazy, not powerful, and the music is uninteresting as a result. I try to keep an open mind, but I find myself just being either bored or annoyed, rather than hyped up. So yeah, I don't like Lil Pump.

this is to rap music what the ramones were to rock music

Which contemporary hip hop mixtapes don't fail to accomplish what they want to do?

Like a country album being the best in its genre. This is the best trap music ever made.

This is going to be forgotten in one.

what a terribly written sentence you fucking nigger

Came here to post basically this.
People don't shitpost like this guy in Punk threads, and it's simply a double standard that between rock music and any other genre.

But I don't like punk either.

>the production and instrumentation suck away all possible emotion the album could've had
How and why? The piano and synth lines on Gucci Gang for example are syncopated from each other along with the bass line as well, creating a backing production with many moving parts that still move in an organic manner.
>sterile
>obnoxious
Kinda contradicting yourself there. I wouldn't call it sterile though as the music's not plastic, if it was too plasticy it wouldn't hit as hard.
>Why can't hip-hop producers accept that 808 hi-hats do not sound good when they're used as the main percussion?
>There's nothing hard-hitting about it, really.
These are both ridiculously false. 808s are popular because they have such a loud hard hitting sound for hi hats. Compare those to real drumming hi hats, the real ones have a more mushy sound. Compare them to a 909, the 909s are more tinny. It's that heavy accentuation aspect on the percussion in trap music that gives it the hard hitting visceral intensity it has. Even so called visceral genres like punk or metal don't have that level of accentuation.
>they're mumbled
WHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAATTTTT? Nigga are you deaf? It's not mumbling it's Migos flow (triplet flow, three rapped "notes" syllables per beat.) I was already doubting whether you listened to the album, but now I am 100% sure you didn't listen to it.

Oh wait, you hate bangers, too. So you wouldn't know what's visceral and hard hitting. You're too damn busy looking down on how little musical complexity there is to give a fuck, in which case I say grow the fuck up cuz I used to be the same (though even I didn't write long rants on albums I have never listened to.)

Well, guess I'll listen to it yet again. I genuinely have listened to it a couple of times, and the vocals seemed pretty mumbled to me. It's been a while, though. Also, explain to me the appeal of bangers. I'm fine with simplistic music, but a lot of trap just feels simple for the sake of being simple, as if it's not trying to convey any sort of feeling through the repetition. And I guess I did contradict myself there with saying it's both sterile and obnoxious- I was trying to say that it's so generic that it becomes annoying at times.

not on my watch

just like pic related, which is a classic

What do you mean by feeling? This isn't music that has any sense of cerebral reward to it at all. It's "body" music, not music for the mind. To me it represents the complete opposite side of something that is purely cerebral, like classical music which gives among the most rewarding experience mentally/emotionally but can't really do visceral music that hits at a gut level. The simplistic vocal delivery, the heavily accentuated percussion, the short song lengths all help to try to support that feel. Like, I am not a big fan of a lot of trap either. Sure it's annoying that Pump cops Migos' flow like many other mainstream rappers, but unlike Migos whose biggest 2017 single, Bad And Boujee was goddamn 5 minutes long Pump keeps his tracks short.

Somebody made a comparison to punk rock itt, and it's very much apt here, too. Everything's simplified, song lengths shortened, and the music made more visceral.

HOW FUCKING DARE YOU COMPARE TURBO TO THAT WEEB
REEEEE!1!!

t.

I'll try to keep that in mind, I guess. It really is a matter of getting into a different mindset when listening to it then, it seems. I was looking for something that wasn't there. I've never really liked punk rock either, but the scale of cerebral and visceral music is interesting to think about. Good discussion.

Mods underage