Outside Abbey Road...

Outside Abbey Road, does anyone else have a tough time getting into their other albums except the really cool tracks like Tomorrow Never Knows, A Day In Life, Strawberry Fields, etc.? Like I can recognize the creative harmonic progressions on all their stuff, the influence any single track might have had on popular music but it all just doesn't sound that...exciting to me.

>he only likes abbey road
Holy shit total pleb here

Not I.
As far as I'm concerned every Beatles' album is GOAT! They NEVER put out a bad record. A handful of bad songs maybe, but NEVER a bad RECORD!

Pretty much same here, I like the white album as a whole though too

How new to musical discovery are you that you're still this obsessed with the Beatles?

Revolver, Rubber Soul and Let It Be are fantastic records. Their early recordings were pretty generic jangle pop, but they were undeniably a very tight band and at least three of them could sing - not to mention they started writing their own original music and gained control over the production process, which lead to George Martin inventing some of the most widely used techniques in modern recording. It's not all about the songs on the records.

what about yellow submarine?

>it all just doesn't sound that...exciting to me.
Well, how long have you been studying music theory?

Ram > any Beatles album

Nah.

bleh, they're kinda annoying generally. girly music. if droves of females think it's fantastic in it's heyday, it's probably not that great. some catchy shit, sure... but the song that doesnt end at the end of lamb chop's play along was catchy. don't mean it's worth listening to.

>if droves of females think it's fantastic in it's heyday, it's probably not that great
So, nearly all rock bands from the 60s?

No, not all rock bands from the 1960s. Most of them gained or generated a primarily male audience by 1967

It's fucking mental midgets like OP that keep dad-rock alive, unfortunately.

It's pretty sad that people are still jizzing over The Beatles' songwriting as if it's some unattainable level of creativity that has been matched by anyone since. This is the mentality of a 15 year old who inherited their uncles' taste in music.

>not all rock bands from the 1960s
Surely bands like The Zombies, The Who, The Rolling Stones, etc

Edgy

How am I being edgy? At least I'm contributing something to this thread. I'd like someone to give me their opinion on something for once instead of just shitting up the board.

don't get me wrong i saw the shit they did on the sgt pepper thing on tv. very innovative. but yeah, it's old hat now

>At least I'm contributing something to this thread
Not if it's inane, non musical idiocy

Kek you're such a contrarian it's funny. I used to be like you. I used to hate the Beatles just because my dad didn't think the were a "real" rock. One day I listened to them and I realized what I was missing. Don't worry it's just a phase it'll pass. You should probably listen to them instead of regurgitating others opinions.

Are you 12?

Asking for a friend

Not sure what was non-musical about my post discussing The Beatles' songwriting in a thread about The Beatles' songwriting but okay. I'm just being edgy, right?

>Not sure what was non-musical about my post
You didn't use music theory at all to make form an argument.

desu I've got a couple thousand songs in my library and none of them are from the beatles, should probably sit down and give them a listen at some point

where to start? abbey road, white album? other?

>One day I listened to them and I realized what I was missing.

Imagine never growing up and thinking The Beatles are the only good band, ever.

start with Revolver.
if you liked the folkier, more acoustic bits, go to Rubber Soul
if you liked the funkier, more psychedelic stuff, go for Sgt. Pepper's
once you've got those three under your belt, tackle the White Album. Some of their best songs are on here. From there you can give Abbey Road a fresh listen and start to dig deeper into their stuff before Rubber Soul.

Imagine
>implying
Jeez you're either underage or b8ing

Literally what I did user. God speed

>The White Album
>GOAT
laughingsluts.mp3.tiff

The Beatles have some amazing music and so do many artists in the current decade, I really don't see an issue with recognizing and enjoying quality work from any time period. The Beatles are undeniably some of the best music you can find from the 60s and there are many others from the time period who created some great music.

the white album is awesome

I like that it has its selection of poppy tracks then has most of the second half dedicated to like this sorta suite thing. If the second half was also more poppy tracks then I think it would've suffered the same problem. Also Abbey Road's mixing aged much better than the other albums I think.

This is the second time I am going through The Beatles within a year's range. The last time before that was in late 2016. The last time before that was late 2015, the last time before that was mid 2011 which was the first time I listened to The Beatles and knew anything by them beyond Daytripper. I started "getting into" music in 2008. Not everyone's a middle class Anglo white boy who knew such artists as gospel, dude.
2009. Again, I can appreciate a lot of the more subtle detail they put into the music, and it's what actually finally got me to check them out in 2011. But it's just not the same for a lot of the music. Pre-Abbey Road it's just Norwegian Wood, Here There And Everywhere, Tomorrow Never Knows, A Day In Life, and Strawberry Fields Forever that I can really enjoy now, though those are some fantastic tracks.
Nice troll when my post was about me not liking most of their stuff. Here's another (You)