Who was in the wrong here? Personally I think the kid was a fake ass poser...

Who was in the wrong here? Personally I think the kid was a fake ass poser, but didn't really seemed like he deserved the lashing Henry gave him.

Rollins, of course, and I'm sure he now feels guilty about this and other things like this.

To be honest then kid accused the band of selling out. He acted wishy washy but still had a smug attitude

>tfw 13 year old beta poser kid has a better chin than Henry

Rollins is the type of guy who has a lot of free floating anger. He took it out on the kid and it wasn't fair. It was a dumb kid trying to do a shitty interview for whatever.

Everything Rollins does is wrong and also stupid

Both. The kid is a fucking retard trying to act "cool" in the most unbearable way, asking idiotic questions, and Rollins was a self-absorbed, self-important moron trying to act edgy in the most banal ways.

Even in the 90s Rollins still acted like an idiot. I really like him now, though - suddenly in the 00s he hit middle age, and somehow pulled his head out of his ass.

/thread

Honestly I think the kid was just dumb and trying to fit in by being edgy like Henry

Rollins has never done or said anything worth anyone's time. He is one of the biggest hacks on the planet.

>Even in the 90s Rollins still acted like an idiot. I really like him now, though - suddenly in the 00s he hit middle age, and somehow pulled his head out of his ass.
Agreed

He has some good stories, and his writing is decent. He's never done a good album, but he has done some good songs (TV Party, Depression, My War, Disconnect, Low Self Opinion, Illumination)

If by "pulled his head out of his ass", you mean he became a milk toast liberal who panders to Hillary supporters, then sure, he pulled his head out of his ass

> preferring young asshole Henry
you must have serious emotional issues

I prefer neither

Love Henry and Black Flag but god is this cringe. Not his finest moment, the kid is like 14. He was being a smart ass but he shouldn't have stooped to his level.

The kid was trying to get under Henry's skin and he wasn't having it. He had a lot of obvious gall but no actual confidence, which Henry had plenty of. That kid let Henry walk all over him when he could have easily been like "fuck you" and walked away. But I understand why that didn't appear to be an option and he had his pride to protect and didn't want to feel embarrassed.

Personally as an adult I still feel embarrassment like we all do but I've gotten way better at letting things go and I don't have pangs of past embarrassments anymore. But to that teenage guy that experience probably fucked him up for awhile. He was playing with fire and things didn't work out for him.

Yeah and none of that barely-competent output justifies acting like more of a self-important diva than the Sex Pistols or even Mariah Carey. Thankfully all this hardcore self importance mentality is washed up garbage now

Never understood anyone who defends Rollins in this interview. The kid is at most 15 and was at most throwing little jabs at the band. Any adult who talks to a kid like that who they've never met before is automatically being an asshole. There's no question here.

You are why we have a generation of weak men. That's an 80s kid in the punk scene. By that age they're smoking and drinking.

At age 15 you fought in war

I agree, but he hasn't acted like that since the 90s. He's been a pretty good guy since the 00s. Now we're going in circles, though.

No, you're a keyboard warrior. Kids do stupid stuff. If you're an adult who takes advantage of that, then you're a fucking loser.

>taking advantage of

This is a process men naturally do to each other for their own ego but also to help the individual. Henry made references to his masculinity, telling the kid to be more masculine, stand up for himself and question how authentic his interests are.

Letting him walk around stupid and trying to profit off you while being beta is even worse imo

the kid did nothing wrong

t. Henry rollins

Yeah but that was after five minutes of him being completely deconstructed. It was a whimper.

Fucking this. Fuck the cakeboys that defend that faggot kid.

>henry is being mean to me :(((((
>punk rawkers be delicate n shieet
kys faggots

Is that how Fantano started?

I agree that kid was a little faggot, but I still don't approve of how Rollins acted. Maybe it's because he really sort of debased himself by acting like an annoying dork himself. He just made himself look bad, in the way he responded.

Also, I don't know what the fuck a cakeboy is.

???

Is this you?

Looks about right.