Why is Sup Forums mad about their rogue one review? They were exactly right

Why is Sup Forums mad about their rogue one review? They were exactly right.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VtaczUMkewc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>i base all my opinions on what rlm says

you are exactly a sheep.

>Mike: "NO! I have to fight George Lucas!"
>The radio cracked "No Mike, You are George Lucas".
And then Mike was a Hack Fraud.

>My opinion is as fragile as my masculinity.

Because Sup Forums is mad at everything?

Because it's too early. The board is currently swarming with shills and newfags who are only here to post about Star Wars. They will eventually grow tired of shitposting and things return to normal

>I have no arguments so I have to attack other people masculinity

RLMsheeps, everyone.

I'm not mad about it but it does amuse me that what they described (A happy go lucky Disney adventure for all the family) was exactly what I was scared was going to happen to this movie.

I honestly think this was a tactical move on their part because they lost some credibility with their kind and positive TFA review (which i love too). Essentially they're claim to fame is the guys who critique Star Wars.

They made a funny scathing critique of this movie because that's what people want. Any money they bring it up in future reviews and videos entirely positively.

Rogue One is fucking brilliant.

>tfw you are slowly discovering how pleb Mike really is

Surprised huh?
Well I am not, RLM is goyest most plebeian "show" ever existed. Three unfunny guy just sitting here and "joking" around.
Everything about Half-in the bag is forced. Instead of making opinion in silence, either of those three plebs firstly will say "well I think", then they they will bring different point and either of these will agree with those points, even if these points contradicting their owns.

>But Rogue One is Disney movie

Yes, but it was actually a secret inception plan, to sink in goy's minds idea "you can't make Star Wars without blatantly copying classic trilogy, you can't make original Star Wars movie goy, here's numbers". Just look what are they doing, they just throwing Rogue One under the bus to protect Force Awakens disaster right now, it's all over threads. They special baited SJW for THIS movie, and now SJW are angry and triggered, because there was no pandering in the movie, there's chink, there's pajeet, there's woman, but unlike FA, they are actually a characters instead of token, they ARE drive plot towards, instead of plot driving them (because there was no plot in episode 7 whatsoever it was just a fan-service with SJW pandering).
In this picture Rogue One should be between prequels and originals.

Slowly? The guy likes capeshit.

Why would I argue against your opinion? I'm not a manchild

Smart people already knew it since Plinkett reviews on PT.

>unlike FA, they are actually a characters

Hahaha

For me, is not that I really loved R1, is average.
Point being, I wish they would apply the same standards to TFA, especially because R1 did not shit on the franchise like TFA did.

They completely lost it. Or they never had it.

Am mad of their tfa shilling.

The only ethical thing would be to hate them both.

And now insults. You are a sad case.
I don't even consider R1 that good.

Fanboysm for critic hacks is as much bad, if not worse, than being fanboys for a franchise.

You little, sad, immature, and (judging by your unimaginative answers) uncultured and stupid piece of shit.

Their major point against (Rogue One + Prequels) is the lack of good/likeable/relatable characters, so it makes sense that they would not like these too much but mostly like TFA.

The force awakens has none of the problems they talk about, and they reviewed it a year ago.

>I wish they would apply the same standard

But they did. TFA has way stronger characters, pacing, and tone than Rogue One.

(You) started this by suggesting it's impossible to think rogue One is bad unless you blindly follow rlm. (You)re suggesting it's impossible to freely think this movie is bad, which is the essence of immaturity.

Rich doing that At-st shit was the most reddit thing I've ever seen. Unsubscribed.

You've got to be kidding me. R1 has more coherence in universe than TFA will ever have. Also, the cast is not made up by loathsome cunts and unthreatening villains.

R1 pacing starts as problematic and improves. TFA pacing starts great and goes to shit on the sand planet.

You are just another drone. I keep reading this kind of shit all over their youtube channel. Shut the fuck up. You are not thinking for yourself. R1 can be considered shit, but not for their complaints.
Their complains are pointless (barring bland characters). As other people pointed out, they are complaining because they see AT-AT in a SW war scenario. Is not even being assholes, is insanity.

They were totally on point with the "drama facade" thing. TFA gave at least some time for the character relationships to develop. R1 pretends these characters are somehow fleshed out even though they definitely aren't

I've been listening to their movie commentaries lately. They're good as fuck. I hope they do one for Aliens or Prometheus. That would be comfy as hell.

Didn't they praise TFA?

Why does Sup Forums like these faggots again?

Because Sup Forums has to complain if they like a movie and complain if they don't. Doesn't matter what they're opinion is, Sup Forums will suddenly have the opposite.

I think it's because they are all over the fucking place, quite how they can praise on TFA and not like this is beyond me. They are pretty much the same inane shit.

Is this from the new video game?

>R1 pacing starts as problematic and improves

No, it starts as awful and barely gets any better. TFA's pacing is perfectly fine in comparison. Mostly because it's a total ripoff of A New Hope, but at least they copied a good movie.

If they praised the movie, Sup Forums would be mad and say they were paid by Disney.

it's about ethics in journalism

Because it was them back-peddling after their gushing about TFA hype and pretending they weren't fooled.

They put way to much emphasis on that point

And the nostalgia was done more tastefully in this than in 7, yet their reviews were in stark contrast to that

I couldn't even watch the whole thing

They are completely fucking different from a storytelling perspective.

Well at least TFA had some enjoyablility to it. Rogue One felt so fucking devoid of spirit, it's a walking husk of a sci Fi movie.
Worse part about it is that people will blame Gareth Edwards for this blunder when his idea was to take the Vietnam Star Wars scenes and make it the centerpiece of the movie, which is what people fucking were hyped for after the Comic Con Rogue One teaser, but Disney care more about minimizing costs then making a good movie and I hope this fails to break 800 million.

what is the purpose them in a world where shit can fly? They're terrible for offense and defense

They are ALWAYS right

NO ITS NOT FAIR

YOU CANT DISLIKE THIS MOVIE

YOU CANT SAY THIS MOVIE DIDNT COMPEL YOU

YOU ARE WRONG. YOURE A SMALL FAGGOT WITH NO BALLS. YOUR MOTHER IS A WHORE. YOURE DUMB. I BET YOU VOTED FOR HILLARY. YOU AGREE WITH RLM ON ONE OCCASION SO YOU ARE JUST A DUMB JEW

I LIKED THE MOVIE SO EVERYTHING THEY SAID IN THE REVIEW IS POINTLESS BECAUSE I DISAGREED, AND YOU PERSONALLY ARE A FUCKING IDIOT SCUMBAG FOR NOT LIKING IT

p.s. can't wait for the next superhero film, it's going to be kino ;)

I'm not

>the nostalgia was done more tastefully in this than in 7

They literally bumped into those fucking Mos Ridley cantina niggers on the street for no fucking reason.

THEY DEDICATED DIALOGUE TO IT FUCK, HOW CAN YOU THINK THIS IS ANY BETTER

>Mike: I have to educate the plebs!
>"No, Mike. You are are the plebs."

What absolutely sucks is how much they dick sucked TFA and now they had to shit on this one on criticisms which fucking contradicts WHY THEY LIKED TFA to begin with like making call backs and shitting on fans who'd orgasm at every nostalgic thing they'll see. At least in Rogue One, it's fucking justified you see these Star Wars things because its right before a New Hope not decades after it

Good sheeple.

>You are just another drone. I keep reading this kind of shit all over their youtube channel. Shut the fuck up. You are not thinking for yourself. But user I watched the movie before the uploaded the review.
>Their complains are pointless (barring bland characters).
>pointless
Just like the movie

>they are complaining because they see AT-AT in a SW war scenario
Try watching the video again, they say nothing of the sort.

>Walking husk of a sci fi movie
This is it dude, and this is why I had a better time watching TFA, even if I didn't particularly like it

Why is everyone getting so triggered by this opinion? It's perfectly reasonable

Don't make r1 apologists think, they're just going to call you an idiot!

Superior review at 10:04

youtube.com/watch?v=VtaczUMkewc

Sorry, no. Does not work that way. TFA goes all over the place to the point that a fucking planetary system is destroyed and we do not give a fuck. "TFA is well filmed" is a nice meme, but is a meme.

We "feel" every time the DS is activated in R1. We know about the target more than in ANH, arguably.

Also, forgot about tone. Pleb Letter Media complains about the tone but writers kept the quipping at a minimum in R1, there is just some cold humour from Vader (inb4 not in character: rewatch the originals - admittely, those were better written of course).

TFA has a stormtrooper in conflict that behaves like a nigger few scenes later. Character motivations indiscernible. Power level may vary (with tone consequence on how a villain can be threatening - a villain that loses any charisma once the mask is ff). The hangar scene (that scene killed the Han Solo that grew from IV to VI, not a lightsaber).

Pleb Letter Media is made of Hacks and Hypocrites. Is time to unsuscribe en-masse.

I didn't think they could fuck up Darth Vader worse than they did in episode 3, but somehow they managed it. Thanks rogue one.

There's a young man, known as Strider. Find him on tatooine, Jimmy Smitts!

The butthurt stems from the fact that they liked TFA, yet disliked R1 for reasons that were present in the former too. Like the blatant fan service.

I believe the reason they were more bothered by these elements in R1 than in TFA, is because R1 is simply the worse movie over all. However they couldn't really explain *why* that is. I think they need a Plinkett review for this.

>And the nostalgia was done more tastefully in this than in 7

I'm starting to think R1 shills are just prequel apologists still upset about TFA's success. I've seen this level of delusion before.

What does this mean? Are you seriously gonna act in the exact manner I just took the piss out of? Calling me a sheep cause I think most rogue one fans are getting far too triggered, becoming unreasonable and accusing everyone who agrees with RLM in this ONE instance of being sheep?

Jesus... this board...

Both TFA and Rogue One are trash
Star Wars was never art
The prequels have some good moments to them but are very flawed
The best star wars was directed by a gay dude

>pointless
>Just like the movie

This is the best comeback you can come up with?
You should ask your mommy for suggestions.

>TFA is well filmed" is a nice meme, but is a meme.
>We "feel" every time the DS is activated in R1.
Nice meme.

>At least in Rogue One, it's fucking justified

Yeah like that cut to R2 and C3P0, that was PERFECTLY organic and justified. Or CG Tarkin. Or CG Leia. Or the completely fucking pointless Vader fight scene.

>What does this mean? Are you seriously gonna act in the exact manner I just took the piss out of? Calling me a sheep cause I think most rogue one fans are getting far too triggered, becoming unreasonable and accusing everyone who agrees with RLM in this ONE instance of being sheep?

>Jesus... this board...

R1 shills categorically hate the prequels.

Yeah, at this point, it's not really noticable when Sup Forums hates something. Off the top of my head I can't really think of anything that Sup Forums hasn't shit on the instant it came out all year.

Shills? I am arguing but about RLM hypocrisy. Many people think that we disliked the RLM video because "criticise one of the bestest SW"
Nah. R1 is mediocre. We just are mad at what RLM said and what they said about TFA or other movies.

>disliked R1 for reasons that were present in the former too.
No, they were not the same reasons.
> Like the blatant fan service.
The C3PO cameo in R1 is a fucking joke. At least in TFA he has a reason for being there.

Bingo. Just the horrible CGI Leia at the end and the fucking horrible, 'hope' line are worse than anything in TFA.

Doubtful considering Jimmy Smitts showing up makes them canon.

the movie sucked

What does that have to do with whether they like them or not?

How was watching someones shitty fanfoc in tfa enjoyable? How was watching every character like rey for no apparent reason enjoyable? How was watching han and leias relationship be destroyed enjoyable? How was watching another deathstar pulled out of nowhere enjoyable?

This is what I dont get, people complain about rogue one being fanservice when thats exactly what TFA is only worse its so caught up in fanservice it resets the main cast and throws in another deathstar for no reason than fan appeal and they couldnt think of an original plot point of their lives depended on it. At least r1 show different sides of the rebels and actually had a final act that wasnt retarded as fuck. Seriously rlm media is praising a movie where they all line up to wave to some random girl who flies away to go find the savior they literally spent the entire movie looking for. Its a incoherent mess.

I knew that ever since he unironically liked The Dark Knight Rises.

What hypocrisy? They liked TFA despite the fan service (they mention it being a weak point in their review) and dislike R1 because it's entire existence is an excuse for fan service. It's not hypocrisy if they don't share your opinion.

>shilling for TFA
>right

La La Land, Manchester by the sea, rogue one I could go on.... you just fell for a stale meme

Real Sup Forums is with RLM, as always.
/Disney_shills/ mad as fuck though cause their Marvel movie is about to flop in China.

To be fair 95% of all movies released in the past 5 years or so were unoriginal trash.

From the top of my head I remember The Neon Demon, The Handmaiden, and The Young Pope having generally positive threads about them.

if people can still suspend their disbelief for the outdated Empire effects then I'm sure this cgi will be fine.

TFA is an actual movie that uses its fanservice for a thematic point, not that you would ever pick up on that, because you're a child who gets upset that Han and Leia's relationship was """"destroyed"""" and that Rey is "le mary sue"

Rogue One is just pointless nostalgia callbacks for its own sake

None of the nostalgia was ingrained in the fucking plot though, they were just little minor events that didn't interrupt anything, other than like c3po

>some minor bump in is worse than integrating fucking every piece of a new hope into 7
>shills
The only shills would be for 7

I watched the force awakens last night and it was FUN.

Hadn't watched it til I saw this thread. My problem with their review is that it could have been made about the movie without them even seeing it. It's just criticism of the concept of the film even existing. It doesn't actually touch the substance of the film or the quality of the film on its own, it's just a complaint that they made another prequel.

I can't wait to see the rage at me having an actual opinion about this review

Is the RLM review safe to watch if I haven't seen the movie yet?

Yeah the memorable desolate planet city of Jaeda that none of the characters are at all phased by the destruction of. I really felt about its explosion, despite how no one in the movie does.

Remember when Alderaan fucking explodes and Leia loses her shit? And Obi-wan has an heart attack? Rogue 1's equivalent is that flying scene from 2012.

>TFA is identical to ANH
>r1 is at least isn't a copy
>r1 is the fanservice film
Lol

>.claiming Sup Forums liked rogue one
>in a thread where everybody is shitting on rogue one

Sure.

?

every main character dies

They all, but especially Jay absolutely hated the Vader scene in the end. Which had a reason to be there as well, and made overall sense. He only hated it for the fact that it was fan service.

>How was watching someones shitty fanfoc in Rogue One enjoyable? How was watching EVERY unlikable character for no apparent reason enjoyable? How was watching Vader's character be destroyed enjoyable? How was watching the deathstar enjoyable AGAIN?

Because taste is subjective

> It doesn't actually touch the substance of the film or the quality of the film on its own
They point out the weak characters or complete lack of characterization of some, not to mention the tone.

They don't like it because it's a Star Wars film that has a lot of references to Star Wars.

Leia is upset for about 10 seconds and Obi-Wan looks constipated for about 30.

Planetary destruction is never really dwelt upon in Star Wars.

No, R1 was a war movie in the SW universe. They declared fanservice even stuff that was not, and criticise it for not being the kind of movie they wanted.

I can guess that already.

holy fuck is that Mike Carolla actually Gareth Edwards or something?

But you just described 40 seconds of reaction.
And shouldn't this darker grittier movie have more weigh behind a planet being destroyed?

>None of the nostalgia was ingrained in the fucking plot though

THE ENTIRE PLOT IS ABOUT A SINGLE LINE OF DIALOGUE IN ANH THAT NEVER NEEDED TO BE EXPLAINED

THERE IS NO STORY IN THIS MOVIE, ITS COMPLETELY POINTLESS AND USED SOLELY AS A VEHICLE FOR NOSTALGIA PANDERING.

FUCK'S SAKE, THE MOVIE STARTS WITH JYN'S DAD MOISTURE FARMING ON A PLANET THAT CLEARLY HAS ABUNDANT WATER RESOURCES, WHAT THE FUCK

>TFA is an actual movie that uses its fanservice for a thematic point

This is the level of the mental gymnastic of a RLM drone.

How did Vader killing a bunch of people and using the force affect the plot of stealing the Death Star plans?