Are Spirit of Eden and Laughing Stock the logical conclusion to rock music?

Are Spirit of Eden and Laughing Stock the logical conclusion to rock music?

Maybe, if you're dumb and unimaginative.

To call Talk Talk "rock music" is even questionable

Bark Psychosis

I listened to Hex the other day and it just sounded like Talk Talk if everything was mediocre

What about Pablo honey?

What about the bends?

Hark Hollis solo record

What about ok computer?

What about kid a?

Brainlet tier - Post rock
Average IQ tier - Prog rock
Omniscient tier - Free jazz

Pleb

free jazz is brainlet as fuck. ever notice free jazz fans know fuck all about jazz?

Laughing stock is the logical conclusion to music

> t.brainletwojack.jpg

accurate

Laughing Stock > Colour Of Spring > Spirit Of Eden

inaccurate

Mark Hollis is dreamy af

people don't know much about jazz in general. I dont have a musical background so i'm not particularly familiar with the compositional qualities of jazz, yet i still find some jazz records mildly enjoyable. where would i even begin to start learning about jazz without actually playing?

>prog rock fans have a higher iq than post-rock fans
literally the most reddit reply anyone has ever posted on this website
~maaaayyyybe~ if you're talking about explosions in the sky crescendo-core shit, i
POSSIBLY could understand. but the average fan of early, first-wave post-rock (back when the term was largely used as an umbrella term) is undoubtedly much more intelligent and knowledgeable about music than the average prog rock fan. you're being completely dishonest to me and yourself if you believe that the average dream theater fan is more intelligent than the average fan of tortoise, bark psychosis, or even mogwai.

Flip spirit of eden and color of spring
All great tho, laughing stock is a 10 and the others are 9s

No, this is.

I really don't see what's so great.

I should like it. I like other experimental new wave groups like The Chameleons, post-punk groups like Swell Maps and PiL, prog like Yes, baroque pop like Love, early post-rock like Slint, and krautrock like Can and Faust. But to me Talk Talk's music is just so fucking dull.