How hyped is Sup Forums about this ?

>Director: Steven S. DeKnight
>Writers: Emily Carmichael (screenplay), Steven S. DeKnight (screenplay)
>Stars: Scott Eastwood, Adria Arjona, John Boyega

Is the fact that Grolermo del Fatto will not direct it a bad thing ?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5guMumPFBag
vimeo.com/71593789
youtube.com/watch?v=gtlbllVCXmU
youtube.com/watch?v=R9kBsfsO2UU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What's the story?

The director knows who King Ghidorah is so it might be gud, certainly better than any superhero shit or SW episode shit

The fuck? If the rift is on the surface then they can just easily blast the monsters as they come through. No need for Jaegers.

Aliens invade again and they fight with mechs, again.

>Stars: Scott Eastwood

I'm not even a big fan of GDT, but i appreciate that he gives a shit about his movies... I have no idea who this literal who is.

Wasn't this supposed to be a prequel?

>women writer
Dropped

>Literally who cast
>No Japanfu

Ehhh. At least we'll get more robots.

DeKnight is based, he did Spartacus.

But that show is fucking awful.

Let me guess, at the first sign of peace the Jaeger programme was suspended and now the Planet gets caught with it's pants down again.

>WRITEER
>FEMALE

DROPPED, NO OFFENSE BUT WHAT THE FUCK DOES SHE KNOW ABOUT KAIJU?

A woman also wrote one of the best kaiju movies ever made

>Implying
Spartacus was great, you fucking pleb.

Yeah, a Japanese woman. Not some degenerate, unleashed freak of nature.

I wasn't implying shit you insipid little piss bubble. I explicitly stated it. We get it, you like watching the gay scenes without having to admit to yourself how much you wish you could wrap your lips around a big juicy cock.

>That projection.
Its ok to admit that your a fag user. After all we are in the current year.

no, Boyege plays Elba's son

>Is the fact that Grolermo del Fatto will not direct it a bad thing?
Yes, because Del Taco is a really good director. I'm dubious about DeKnight directing because this will be his first time, the man is a television writer not a filmmaker. I guess we'll see though

yeah, that show was so gay amirite?

I'm certain it won't have such a great sense of worldbuilding without Del Toro. There's neat little details in every single frame of the first PacRim.

I didn't cry when my father died but I lost it when Cherno Alpha did ;_;

Cherno Alpha was best bot

I googled a bit about her and she looks like your perfect progressive from NY, her twitter is full of LGBTQXYZ and feminist shit.
I smell "empowering" sequences and a lot of normie shits.

Why don't they just hire a fat/skinny asian/white mechaboo with a bit of writing skill ? There are thousands of them around to pick.

Not at all because I'm not a teenage boy anymore.

As long as there are big robots fucking up big monsters I couldn't give a fuck about the story

i like, but i just dont understand how a robot punch delivers more kinetic energy to the kaiju than a missile

also why dont we just put a bunch of Stryker's missiles on like bombers and ships circling the pacific and as soon as a kaiju emerges we blast the shit out of them from hundreds of kilometers away

FUCK

dropped

You ask yourself too many question, the movie watches itself with suspension of disbelief at 120%, everything is meant to be an introduction to big robots fighting big kaijus.

But as far as I remember the initial speech is basically that when they bleed they provoke a sort of "alien oil spill", that's why they don't want to use projectiles and just try to maul them inconscious.
There is the fact too they adapt after every battle so having pilots that can progress in their combat techniques + continuously enhanceable robots is somewhat more flexible compared to a "dumb" weapon like a bomb with which you can just augment power until you blow up the planet in the process.

>no Rinko Kikuchi
what the fuck is the point then?

Why did they raise the Yamato?

this shit is getting worrying

RIP Pacific Rim 2

Is this going to tie in to the other Legendary movies? Will we see a Jager fight Godzilla?

>5 years after the original
>shitty subtitle
>no del Toro
>no original cast
>TV director
>four screenwriters
>February release

There is literally no hope that this will be any good. The signs are all there so stop pretending you're excited about this

Why did del Toro step away?
Or was he pushed away?

This movie gonna spawn the same kind of cringe and retardation as the first one?

Pacific Rim was one of the worst movies i've seen in theaters.

Explain this to me, it's not like they tricked you to watch it, they promised you they would make robot fighting monsters in the best visual experience ever realized and they did.
It's everything the new Godzilla should have been.

>Boyega
Dropped

>SJW writer
I'm worried because SJWS are often incapable of keeping their retarded notions to themselves and jam it into every facet of their life.

>every fight happens at night in the rain so you can't immediately tell how cheap the CGI is
>best visual experience ever realized

Now this is a fucking shame. Looks like they completely dropped Del Burger and are just going for the cash-in and brownie points with the social justice crowd.

Not surprised, the new director is pretty much Whedon v0.5.

You faggots are triggered 24/7...

Godzilla movies have at least some kind of commentary, nuclear warfare, government redtape, something to do with society. Japs have more in mind with their monster movies

Pacific Rim was exactly about giant mechs fighting monsters.

It's weird. He looks just completely cut-off. The story he was developing is in an entirely different direction. Then it's just
>DeKnight has taken over my role with a new script best of luck

Gee I dunno Sup Forumseddit, I just expected the "OMG LE FUARK YASSS" action moments to be trailer highlights but for the actual film I kind of expected some sort of charm or good message/thematic depth like all else of Del Toro's work.

I mean look at Hellboy and it's sequel. Good characters, great world, interesting and emotionally invested plot.
Then Pacific Rim which promised some war-torn world from monsters and the tagline "To fight monsters we created monsters of our own" hinted at some ambiguity. Instead what we got was shitty acting, boring flat characters, awful CGI, and nothing but

>le CUHRAYZEEE omg dude they call them "kaiju" i know wat dat means!!! it's a movie MADE for ppl liek me!!

Jesus. I hated it.

Are you one of those guys who say "pffff there is a mechanism inside the box" when they a watch magic show ?

Last Godzilla movie had none of this, it was the story of a boring military guy with the realisator giving you blueballs the entire movie.
And now it looks incestuous thanks to Avengers 2.

>implying the trailer ever hinted any philosophical theme or deep plot
youtube.com/watch?v=5guMumPFBag

You just settled your expectation too high and you won't guilt me for pleasing my paleomammalian brain.
I knew I wasn't watching a deep movie offering a reflexion about morality and mankind survival, sorry to hear that was what you imagined.

Why does every successful film needs it's own universe and franchise. The first one was a nice uncomplicated story about defeating evil aliens with giant mechs, the end. Fucking Hollywood paedophile Jews ruin everything.

its over ALSO DONNIE WAS NOT GAY IN ROGUE ONE can a bro just be bro without LGBT going atshit and claiming they are fagets like them wtf nah familia its time to get rid of these buttmunchers

Is she established or anything or just getting the job because she's a woman?

I don't know, she apparently did these three things:

>RPG OKC
>Two 8-bit video game characters enter the world of online dating.
>vimeo.com/71593789

>The Hunter And The Swan Discuss
>A Brooklyn couple have dinner with a hunter and his girlfriend, a magical swan woman. It doesn't go well.
>youtube.com/watch?v=gtlbllVCXmU

>STRYKA | A Sci-Fi Short Film Starring Aimee Mullins & Rupert Friend
> Strkya is an awesome reptile woman from another planet who does heists and odd jobs with her (literal) partner in crime, Callen. But she has a secret -she's been stealing with somebody else.
>youtube.com/watch?v=R9kBsfsO2UU

Overall it seems more or less the same thing everytime: a short movie about a modern relationship between a 20 something woman and a man in an fantastic/scifi/heroic/2D RPg environment.
I watched only the second one and it was lame, but maybe I lack the sensibility you know.
Anyway I don't see what the fuck this has to do with gigantic robots killing gigantic monsters.