Chargers draw record crowd for 1st time at Stub Hub

Why doesn't LA support the Chargers?

looks like a footy stadium, it doesn't have the plastic feel of the average Amerifranchise, good job burgers

>having less support than the rams

Since when the Chargers had this many fans?

It is a MLS stadium.

gonna be weird seeing an NFL game in a bandbox like that.

Lol
LA Galaxy play here

Stubhub has only 30,000 seats. It's less than half the size of the NFL's second smallest stadium, Soldier Field (62,000). I'll be shocked if they don't fill it every weekend.

the bears scrimmage attracted something like 16k people. even for shit practices they still draw sizable crowds for bears

Most of the fans will be from the other team

Chargers have no fans left

I live in san diego now and it's pretty funny to talk to the chargers fans, I always ask how they are handling it and the answer pretty much always is "I don't even know"
it's a really weird situation, every one knows spanos is a fuckhead but they still like the players. LT, Seau, and Rivers will always be legends for them
but literally no one ive talked to has said they will go to carson. qualcomm is in anamazing and convenient location, it is just a horrible stadium

>support the Chargers

>second largest city in america
>two teams to pick from
>neither have fans

Yeah but that's sort of mitigated by now having the most expensive average ticket price(almost $200)

LA is a fucking shithole, there's some monied oasises but im general it's an atrocious concrete blight

Also it's weird that one LA team is playing in the biggest stadium in the league while the other is playing in by far the smallest I've ever seen while the await their new stadium

La loves the chargers

Qualcomm could have just been renovated like Arrowhead was. The problem was the suites weren't "up to par" with other stadiums so sponsors who could give less of a shit about the game weren't having their asses kissed like they are in Dallas or Minnesota.

Even my Niners drew 25k yesterday

you may say this was just a practice but this was the comparable scene in Green Bay, Wisconsin

because LA fans are shit

dodgers games? Half the """fans""" leave by the 7th inning. They had plenty of empty bleachers during the NLDS and CS last year AT chavez ravine

almost nobody went to rams games in 2016

I can't believe how many empty seats I've seen at Dodger games this year. This is the most impressive regular season by an MLB team in recent memory, probably this entire millenium, yet they still will commonly only sell 75% of their tickets for a day game

LA fans are truly scum

I work with a "diehard" dodger fan, hes also a redskins fan and he said he doesnt watch games, but hes a "diehard" fan. On game days he goes to the mall to walk around and checks his phone for the score

ETA on spanos killing himself after he realizes he's about to ruin his franchise forever

Cheering every player, even the guys fighting for practice squad spots
Hate the Packers but they have good fans....If I had been born in northern Wisconsin I'd be a die-hard

>ITT people have nothing better to do than to hate on Los Angeles.

>the poorfags in nosebleeds get shade where the lower bowl fags get baked
explain this?

wew

name me one reason a giants or pats fan would want to see an expensive home game in december when everything is frozen vs taking a cheap flight to LA and seeing a cozy game

that's because it is

we support college teams here not plastic franchises that move away the moment you stop sucking their dick

It's just a fucking religion here in the truest sense. Kids on the playgrounds in most of Wisconsin will talk about who they think's going to make the final cut throughout August here.

If this CTE shit really ends up killing the NFL I don't know what's going to happen here. Not just financially but emotionally I don't know how this region would take it

dodger games have people leave early because the stadium is just a sea of cars everywhere that you can look.

I took a bus from bakersfield to dodger stadium and it took us 30 minutes to get from the top of the stadium to the exit when 50k other people were all trying to leave at the same time

Most people in LA are Raiders fans. No shit no one wants to watch them. It's like moving the Jets to Boston.

t. jose

It's even more embarrassing that they pay for seats and leave early and arrive late so often. And don't blame the fucking traffic, traffic is terrible getting out of any major league stadium

traffic is not bad in cities with shit attendance like cleaveland or MIA.

other cities with modern parks have public transportation to get to the game

having no home team to root for my entire childhood has left me not caring about the nfl. without that connection having two teams means nothing to me.

Something tell me youre an overweight loser in a flyover state and you've never set foot in LA.

CFL to San Diego when

That CTE study is bullshit. Football is gonna get safer for the players but you cant come to a conclusion because of a 100 person sample size
I grew up in cowboy country and hate cowboys fans, they're too fair weather. I'm just happy that they had a kickass season last year, that steelers game was literally good enough for me to be okay with them going 0-16 next year, but everybody is upset about the playoff loss

Why the fuck would anyone pay to watch a team train?

i honestly think the CTE stuff will pass. I was walking my dog by a high school the other day and there were hundreds of kids practicing for Pop Warner and they were all under 10, mothers aren't pulling their kids out of youth football like a lot of prognosticators thought

They love their team and we all miss football?

I live in SD also, talked to a diehard Charger friend today and he said that the LT HoF ceremony was the last thing he could swallow. After that, he's not supporting them. He can't even see himself driving up to Carson to watch them. Chargers are dead in SD. I wish someone bought the Padres and moved them to Vegas or Salt Lake City.

Because most of the "football" fans in LA today have been shaped and molded without a NFL team. The only football teams they support are amateur teams that play in the Pac 12 Conference.

Please sauce me

The only way the Chargers could fail miserably is giong 0-16 in their first season in LA and that's a strong possibility.

>Most people in LA are Raiders fans
You have to go back.

>mfw the Galaxy will have a higher average attendance than the Chargers this year

Seconding this. Indians stadium is on a shitty side of the city where there's excess parking lots and right next to the freeway. If you park like 10 blocks away and walk then there will be zero traffic to deal with even during a sellout because those 40k fans will be the only people anywhere near downtown because Cleveland sucks.

you forgot to add
>both teams suck ass
that really matters in LA

>knee socks
hit me dealer

You can almost see in the stadium driving east through cleveland.

Pretty wild but not like anything else to do in green bay

Well, you subhuman midwestern hicks live in a godforsaken shithole so Im not surprised you all go to these things en masse.

Rivers will be traded after the season

Not even memeing but LA is literally a raider town due to the generational Mexican fanbase

>coastal urban redneck

lmaƓng @ u

But drew carey says Cleveland rocks

are you a hooked nose kike faggot from Beachwood or Shaker Heights?

no I'm a bostonfag and ive beento LA like five times because my brother worked there
it's atrocious, sorry asshole

It's literally a 3rd world city. Trash everywhere, potholes on shitty roads that haven't been maintained since Eisenhower, traffic jams going on for 20 miles, cops are complete retards, Koreatown has more Nicaraguan jungle spics than Koreans and entire city is like 20% white, literal SHANTY TOWNS on the pavement in downtown, Venice beach is a perma-crowded touristy trash heap, abysmal poverty everywhere, etc.

Yeah I'm sure there are no consequences of spending 20 plus years bashing your skull against hard objects.

>m-muh sports

the nice thing about LA is there's plenty of fun things to do besides sit around, be miserable, and live vicariously through players. Something an agrophobe like you could never appreciate.

Wait what? Don't these lads play in San Diego?

>Rivers will retire after the season
FTFY

Is it true that even if someone were to buy the Chargers from the Spanos family. They have to wait 20 years to move again?

>It's literally a 3rd world city.
This 3rd world city is going to host the Summer Olympics for the third time.

Notable jew Dean Spanos has been shitting on San Diego for years hoping we'd give him(a billionaire) a taxpayer funded stadium. We told him to go fuck himself so he moved the team to LA where they have no fans because he thought he would make more money there

Very odd. I feel for all the San Diego supporters who had a team they loved that is now just gone. Wha do they do now? Does nobody care about that?

His team is worth 10 billion dollars now just for moving to LA be mad poor fag

As a Midwestern resident I have to say this isn't even impressive. There's just nothing else to do up there.

We're not watching the NFL anymore since they clearly dont give a shit about their fans and expect the taxpayer to give them everything like a bunch of welfare leeches. San Diego fans in general are disenchanted with major league sports.

>lives in a concrete maze
>calls mean agrophobe
uhhh boss I live in encinitas right now, also there's even more space back home and i'd just ski or play hockey instead of surfing or hikinglike I do here

I'm voting NO on that Soccer City bullshit. I rather convert the land into a homeless facility and get all the bums that plague downtown and other parts of the county into one area so they can get back on their feet.

so that makes you three times as third world as Rio then?

hahahahahahah no wait lemme translate that for you: jajajajajajajajajaj

dude they should just build a hobo city in like ramona and give them free drugs and booze so they can just die

>skiing
>in boston

Sure pal.

>t. Juan Sanchez

gtfo spic

when did I say anything about skiing in boston? how butthurt are you that you have to construct this alternate universe where cars don't exist and I can't drive to vermont?

why dont we vote for a homeless city instead?

A
FUCKING
LEAF

We do, it's called Detroit