Andrew Jackson Jihad
Grimes
Drake

Xiu Xiu

Swans

frank ocean

Too serious for soycore.

attack attack

Swans is soy af, it's music for passive betas to feel tough to.

kys faggot

Cage The Elephant
2Cellos
Jack Johnson

everything you like

chadcore:

everything i like

video game soundtracks
garbage pop music that p4k and fantano praise
some token 'tough' music to show how, like, totally varied they are

Of Monsters and Men
Portugal. The man.
Cage the Elephant

explain how cage is soy

Are you serious

oh shit, you convinced me

SZA
Jhene Aiko
Dua Lipa

Literally who?

Exactly. I only know about them because my gay friend listens to a bunch of hipster shit like that.

>Andrew Jackson Jihad

I wouldn't call it hipster. They are at major labels and have millions of views and listens.
It's like top 40 for people who don't want to feel like they are listening to top 40.
Disgusting.

Alt-normies. Normalfags who thing they're special and different.

Can't get more soy than this.

This

Green Day
Nirvana
Weezer

But it's not early 90's anymore.

LMAOOOOOOO

Deerhunter
Joanna Newsom
Pulp
Slowdive
Tindersticks
Arcade Fire
Mastodon
De La Soul
Have a Nice Life
Opeth
Portishead
The Kills
Dev Hynes
The Field
Lindstrom
Talk Talk
Big Black
R.E.M
Suzanne Vega
Subroza
Danny Brown

how is swans about feeling tough? i mean, i get that this is a bait but for every tough person in one song there is vulnerability and helplessness in the other. early swans is a neutral exploration of power structures.

Exactly. But the soycore culture venerates and worships the 90s.

Cattle Decapitation

Leave HaNL out of this.

post the concept of the album you are working on. it's not like it's going anywhere soon.

>how is swans about feeling tough?
Haven't you seen the almost daily "Filth/Public Castration are the heaviest albums ever" threads? Since numales aren't allowed to listen to metal sine it's "cringe" Swans is the next best thing. Hance, numales litsen to Swans to feel tough.

>swans is a neutral exploration of power structures

'dude I f*cking LOVE the swans' neutral exploration of power structures set to bad*ss music!' exclaims the soyboy in between nintendo switch sessions and posting on reddit about creepy(TM) males and islamophobia

4/10

fair point

These threads always conveniently ignore the true soy music which happens to be mostly Sup Forumscore. Radiohead, NMH, Kanye west.

Xiu Xiu
Long Fin Killie
Les Rallizes Denudes
Of Monsters and Men
Portugal. The man.
Cage the Elephant
Nine Inch Nails
Frank Ocean
David Bowie
Sufjan Stevens
Andrew Jackson Jihad (and virtually all folk-punk)
Grimes
Nu-Swans
St. Vincent

What did I miss ?

that all goes falls under poptimism, which goes without saying is soycore

Dashboard Confessional

>drake

>swans

>NMH

>pulp
>arcade fire
>mastodon
>de la soul
>opeth
>REM

>Portugal the man
>bowie

LIKE HOW IN LITERAL THE FUCK ARE THEYSOYCORE? please explain

peak soy right here

>falling for the soy meme

>video game soundtracks
like, all video game sound tracks?

Man do you not get that soy/soycore/etc is basically just code for "things people I don't like listen to". If anyone from reddit or whatever has ever enjoyed any of those then it's automatically soy. It's that simple

So how come certain genres of music are never called soy? I never hear people say Cannibal Corpse or Van Halen are soy. It's always post-1990s guitar based bands that are getting the soy name flicked back and forth like diarrhoea shit

I guess the quake soundtrack is fine

Read Dead Redemption was quite solid

because unlike the soyshill above you claimed, soycore is a very real and dangerous thing. Cannibal Corpse and Van Halen aren't soy because bugmen can't stand that shit, it's numale repellent.

Don't forget Doom.

more like soylid

anime soundtracks

do soyboys watch anime? I thought it was masculine high test neets who are into anime mostly

But it's country?

oh no that is sad, doesn't matter though. People that can eat people is still a good album and it will always be by Andrew Jackson Jihad.

>post any artist
>get responses

>Sergio Leone imitation music is country

umm no sweetie

I was almost a proper soyboy but several factors in my life prevented me from becoming one (at least ideologically).
>tfw overweight with gyno
Even though looking through my music collection, I can easily spot which albums are generally considered "soyboy", I don't think I'd stop listening to them or over compensate by listening to Burzum and/or Andrew W.K. exclusively now. I listened to a lot of math rock, emo, shoegaze and I would probably still listen to them but knowing how I've phased in and out of genres over the years, I'm not going to rule out the possibility that I'll grow out of them too. I'm almost 24 now so songs about teenage love don't hit me as much as they used to but things like My Girls by AnCo will still get me.

As for essential soycore, I would consider myself an expert and these are mandatory (even though they are good albums):
>Weezer - Pinkerton
>This Town Needs Guns - Animals
>Animal Collective - s/t
>anything by toe.
Tbf they are japanese hipsters so soy is probably a staple in their diet, as much as I love them
>anything by The World Is A Beautiful Place
I used to follow them on facebook until they made a post about "mansplaining", and that pretty much ruined their music for me sadly
>Earl Sweatshirt - IDLS,IDGO

>tfw I'm a soy boy according to Sup Forums
>vegan for 2 years

>taking the soyboy meme this seriously

jeez dude, it's just a goof

To my knowledge they're of two camps about it. Some watch entry level bullshit for acceptable nerd points, while others are entirely dismissive and think it's "exploitation and pedophilia". All of it. Neither faction really gets deep into it or watches "offensive" things like waifubait or shonen/manime

To you, but there are a lot of people who take it deadly serious

Hotline Miami is good too. Undertale soundtrack is peak soy, I'm still salty at how fans of that game flooded the sputnik music user voting system to vote the soundtrack as number 1 of the year. If you seriously listen to chiptune you're just fucking sick in the head in general.

The best "memes" have serious truth to them.

We watch anime but are elitist about """""thought provoking"""""" anime over weeb shit

>toe
aren't they a bunch of hillbillies with a baritone singer?

ctrl is a god damn beautiful album. new rules is catchy as fuck, and jhene aiko has a few catchy tunes

Black Metal and Rap.

>masculine high test neets

You missed:
Kero Kero Bonito
Ariel Pink
Mac Demarco
Fleet Foxes
Nu-AnCo
Iglooghost

no I mean these guys, seeing the energy of them play makes you wonder about the affect of soy on asian people. They are probably somewhat resistant to phytoestrogen more than Western people like Wil Wheaton.

youtube.com/watch?v=e0RWnzd_b_k

ITT: Milk drinkers worried about estrogen

All Sup Forumscore

oestrogen in milk doesn't affect you the way that phytoestrogen does in plant milk like soy.

Gira is too prob(le)matic for soys

they need some buttrock and onions stat

Try again
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2691652/pdf/dmp010.pdf
cebp.aacrjournals.org/content/10/3/179.full
fertstert.org/article/S0015-0282(09)00966-2/pdf

Why was Sup Forums hit so heavy with this "meme" compared to other boards?

your (my) favorite band

Oasis

Literally the opposite of soy

nah, Sup Forums has more of these threads.

Hahahahaha no
Wonderwall is the definition of soy

Oasis and The Smiths are really soy desu

prevalent insecurity and the need for board regulars to prove themselves to be "in" with the crowd

The music is soy while Noel's banter is anything but

Oasis' music is literally whiney beta male acoustic pop rock about being in love.

Their fans are all low test cucks and 12 year old girls

Most of the people who listen to Oasis are soccer hooligans in Britain & Ireland. Pretty muc the opposite of soy.

They're also the Go-to Guitar based group for Grime listening Chavs

Yeah bullshit
Their one hit wonder bedwetter music at best

Soccer Hooligans and Chavs are like the British version of our Hillbillies and Rednecks btw

this was seriously the most cuck thing i've ever seen a band do. stopped listening to their music after this, what a bunch of fags

What are you talking about? They've got lots of hits in many countries, and have charted over 10 times in UK.

Do you even know what ''one hit wonder'' means?

When definitely maybe came out in the UK it full of bravado and masculinity. It wasn't aggressive sure, but its not soy. Neither of the Gallagher brothers are soyboys either, far from it. Admittedly (What's the story) Morning Glory has its moments but its only because soyboys have made it that way. Wonderwall was the song everyone used to pick up girls with, its cringey now but that doesn't make it soy.

Is noise rock/post-hardcore soyboy?

>insecure soyfags making excuses

Oasis is the wonderwall band and nothing more. That makes them soy.

Depends, are there samples of political movements?