If Disney were to make an Anthology film set between Ep. VI and VII, who would you cast as Kyle Katarn?

If Disney were to make an Anthology film set between Ep. VI and VII, who would you cast as Kyle Katarn?

Story Group loves bringing back stuff from old EU and this guy is clearly a fan favorite, it only makes sense

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HMuPjYUUwpw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

They already did. Spic katarn is Cassian

Idris Elba

nice trips btw

>Gary Stutarn

no thanks, he's even worse than Rey when it comes to being bullshit OP

Disney doesn't care about video games.

Kyle is not coming. Ever.

>Jan Ors
Jyn Erso

They cared enough about Republic Commando to make Delta Squad canon

Jyn Urso is Jan Ors. Which makes Cassian a Kyle expy. So there. Yea its gay.

but Kyle was never actually important until after ROTJ

waaaaaaaaaaaaaait a minute. Is that Sev standing next to Boss? Is this before of after Kashyyyk?

Battle of Kashyyk wasn't until ROTS so obviously before

Clone wars want made by Disney

this

I havent seen the new animated series, so idk. Or is this from Clone Wars?

they're not at all alike though

They could have just made them kyle and jann. I would have been happy with that even if the movie ended the same way, atleast we would have seen them as official characters in this new continuity

Kyle Katarn is a Mary Sue

bump

nearly every EU character is a mary sue.
Not that disney has a better track record.

>Kyle Katarn was retconned
>So was Dash Rendar

kill me

>tfw no real Kyle Katarn spinoff movie
>tfw SOTE will never get a spinoff movie

they'll be gay lovers in NuCanon when they're brought back, mark my words

I don't get the love for Kyle. Games were good but he was a shit character.

He was pretty based in Dark Forces, kinda went downhill from there a little.

It is all the Jedi Knight games, they're still popular.

Kanan is the Disney canon's Kyle

I wouldn't mind seeing a character from Rebels or Ashoka in the stand alone Obi Wan story, having tracked him down and getting him to help for a mission.

i wish disney would have just declared the prequels to be not canon and started all over again.

Have you even been keeping up with Rebels, user?

Ahsoka is in Schrodinger Cat mode (could be dead, could be alive) while stuck on some far-out planet with no way off.
Ezra and Kanan now knows that Obi-wan is the key to destroying the Sith, through holocron bullshit. We'll probably be seeing Tatooine and Obi-wan soon.

>he wants even more OT bullshit

He's the player, you're not going to make the player character in a first person shooter not powerful.

Outside of the games Kyle is powered down

>Luke did I tell you I met two fellow Jedi knights Kanan and Ezra about two years ago? They were good friends

Obi-wan already knew Kanan, by his real name, from seeing him in the Jedi Temple.

>white
>male
>hero
hahahahahahahahahahahahaahahha where do you think you are

or they could have not retconned decades worth of lore and actually made a decent sequel.

Not even George saw Legends as canon as it was being produced. The only people that cared about it was the fans and even then they had no say in Legends being discarded.

nope in jk3 all he does is fuck up and even converts the first gay jedi to the dark side with his shit teachings

If we ever get Katarn in a movie, this is who is going to play him.
You know it to be true.

And I'm 100% ok with it

he would just be playing Starlord with a lightsaber though, which might still be ok as long as they tone the quipping down a notch

It's not like Katarn has any real personality besides being badass and sarcastic quips anyway

Impossible to do both.

except they managed to both retcon all the lore and make a shit sequel

Bryan cranston, and make the roll written for robin williams.

What I meant was it it's impossible to keep all of the Expanded Universe and make a Sequel Trilogy.

> impossible to keep all of the Expanded Universe and make a Sequel Trilogy.

Why not? You don't want to watch flicks about Luuke, Luuuke and Luuuuuke?

>cis hetero white male scum in my Star Wars
Are you stucked in the 00s ?

True, but he is a video games character so who gave a shit ?

Kanan is Kyle. Yes, from the cartoon.

>sarcastic
This fuck won't pull it off. He's as much of a kino cancer as JLaw is. God, I hate him so much.

He's a favourite because he was the first Jedi to be written as not be squeaky clean and actually done right, as opposed to the Donut Steele "I'll act like a Sith but say I'm grey so it's ok ;^)" Jedi that preceded and followed him.

>a white male
nope i don't think so you've had your time.

star wars doesn't belong to you anymore

This.

Thanks to all the fat white nerds hating George they forced him to sell it to disney. now the white guys are gone and we finally get to be put on the full screen.

Seriously the main characters of star wars are now a white female and a black male. could you ever imagine that happening under George? it's done such great things for race relations so many white women come to me now.

To all white people thank you. thank you for giving star wars to us. thank you for cucking yourselves haha

>much vidya shit
When will you Sup Forumsirgins learn?

the prequels were good you disneyshill

>he fell for the Sup Forums meme

Almost all videogame player characters are

>he fell for the RLM meme

The Outrider was seen leaving Mos Eisley in the films. Dash is probably still canon

>ctrl f Corran Horn
>0 results

Superior B grade jedi protag coming through

That's not Zayne Carrick.

sorry but no. fans are trying to project their desires onto something that simply does not exist.

where is the iconic ship?

This.

Fuck that, I want him as Corran Horn.

Imagine him as Corran Horn and Anna Faris as Mirax Terrik.

Superior pilot coming through.

Tahiri was alright. She gets totally and completely mindfucked into insanity, barely comes out of it, has a face with ritualist scars on it from torture, and is pretty much incapable of loving anyone because of how fucked her life has been and screwed up her mind is.

>we will never have Corran Horn fighting during a lightning storm against an evil Yuuzhan Vong warlord in a 1v1 duel to save Ithor

If that's Baron Soontir Fel, ok not bad.

If that's that faggot Kyp Durron, get bent.

I unironically liked the Yuuzhan Vong, even with their edginess, and am genuinely disappointed that the Siege of Mandalore was never written about or depicted in any art.

Don't forget how her love Anakin died.

I didn't mind Saba Sebantyne either. Not too OP, just a battlemaster who accidentally killed a bunch of her people in a fit of rage.

Same. I saw it as a cleansing of the EU and a bunch of characters and planets. Also there will never be a scene in film of the Ganner.

At least this thing will be forgotten about for all time.

He's not canon anymore.

>disney makes the EU non-canon
>copies everything from it anyway

I highly doubt they're going to go over the Vong and Mango wank again.

Well, we can only hope they don't, because since they have a tendency to make their retreads worse, they'd make some kind of entertainment black hole if they try.

Kyle Katarn and Dash Randar,are my heroes

They'll never do the Vong. That shit was waaaay too edgy and Grimdark for Disney. Something like 100 trillion sentient beings die during that story arch.

Mango wank?

Probably meant Karen Traviss.

If by mango wank you Travissty's RC books, yeah it was 90% shit.

But exploring Mandalorian culture was fun. I liked the parts that actually took place on Mandalore and Fett describing what it was like to see so many Mandalorians on the planet fighting the Vong. They're like Space Spartans.

The rest was a stupid love story and waxxing philosophic about the horrors of war and family and shit like that.

>I just found out about this shit yesterday

People say midichorean power levels are dumb, but people actually think "force gods" are good?

At least it confirmed to me that to normies, the force is literally space magic. They same reason the love TFA.

Hey now, all-powerful creepy eldritch space waifus just looking for a good dicking are alright.

Bradley Cooper

>Implying Normies read the SW EU novels.

The only people that read that shit were EU turbofans.
I was one of them.

Former storm troopers are only allowed to be black. White people enjoy the white supremacy of the Empire.

What's the best EU novel?

I liked the Bane trilogy. Thrawn Trilogy is great as well. Outbound flight is a pseudo-prequel to the Thrawn Trilogy that was alright.

The Vong saga has so many different things written by so many different authors that I forget a lot of it.

Most of the EU is shit, but the parts that are good are pretty damn good.

Feel the same.
No MC with yellow light saber. Green-Blue monopoly will continue. Fuck this shit.

>Most of the EU is shit
List the EU novels you've read.

The Thrawn trilogy
Bane Trilogy
Outbound Flight

Every main series novels from the beginning of the New Jedi Order to the end of Fate of the Jedi.

this

Thrawn Trilogy is usually the best. I dont know about if there was one that was good, but my personal favorite was Dark Tide II: Ruin.

In terms of series that were good, I always enjoyed the Rogue Squadron series books. I, Jedi was nice if you read the Jedi Academy trilogy and the Rogue Squadron series.

This guy is right that most of the EU is shit. Most of the standalone shit that happens after Endor is garbage.

Most of the book series are alright through the Yuuzhan Vong war, but after that things go to garbage. The only good thing to happen after the Vong war was Jacen Solo's kid having a pet nexu.

Plo Koon.

I think they will definately use some outer space threat in the future. Probably not Vong but something similar.

>Plo Koon.
in one game, and it looked orange in it

youtube.com/watch?v=HMuPjYUUwpw

GUNG GUNG GUNG GUNG GOO JEDI

So is KOTOR, KOTOR 2, and SWTOR canon or nah?

No.
Given the TORtanic, that's for the best.

With TORtanic existing, it's for the best that it's not.

I mean, TOR has made it's money back since going f2p, but yeah it was a flop at launch

Don't you mean "who will they cast as Kylie Katarn?"

Parts of it are.

Rakata Prime is fucking canon.
Malachor is canon, albeit not in the way you or I knew it.
Taris is canon.
Hammerhead Cruisers are canon.
Darth Bane is canon.
Episode 7 cannibalized KOTOR between the superweapon that drew power from its sun, the Darth Revan looking fallen Jedi, and the use of Star Maps to find someone.

I don't mean the game was shit, though it was, I mean that the lore behind it and story was an absolute clusterfuck of colossal proportions.

It made shit like the Jedi Prince series look like Dickens.

>Darth Revan looking fallen Jedi
He doesn't even have any red besides his saber, let alone Mando shit.

The masks dude. We know it ain't mando shit but they look similar.