What was Eyes wide Shut actually about?

What was Eyes wide Shut actually about?

Other urls found in this thread:

visual-memory.co.uk/amk/doc/0096.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

jews

It was an abstraction of the avian mind.

159 minutes

Nothing. It was a smut film made by a senile old man

Kino. How to make Kino

Saving your marriage.

About christmas spirit

It was boring and featured two of the most paper-thin actors ever, to the point I'm really not sure what the fuck he was going for.

We all know kubrick had a great sense of humor for a robot but still I just don't get it.

It was about how comfy you could make a shit film

>boring

he could command full frontal nudity from Nicole because art

Nicole Kidman is not a paper thin actress.
To me the movie is about how we treat sex in our modern society, and how our constant craving for it and gloryfication of it, combined with how we see it as something dirty and highly private, defiles any attempt at romantic relationships and creates a lot of anxiety and tension in our relationships and day to day lives.
That and the jews of course.

>defiles any attempt at romantic relationships and creates a lot of anxiety and tension in our relationships and day to day lives.
why tho

Jewish pedophile conspiracies and pizza gate

Because we treat it like the most important thing in the world, yet it's something we feel the need to hide at almost all cost.

But thats what makes it special if you are in a good relationship, you dont need to publicize it as long as you feel good

Illuminati

Pizzagate.

revealing the true occult elite and contrasting them with plebs who think they are the elite, like Dr. Bill.

no matter how rich you get, you will never be part of the families that actually run things. You might get to go to an orgy though.

pic 1

pic 2

it's kind of complicated but the short version is tied up in the final punctuation mark of Kidman's speech.

"Don't use forever, it frightens me"

The world is transient and there is no guarantee of an afterlife.

"There is something very important we need to do as soon as possible..."

Because of the above, you should take joy in the things of today.

It's about death, and not taking life for granted

The grind of getting through another holiday while slowly dying

Stanley Kubrick masturbating.

fpbp

pic related

Right, but we also seem to have this constant craving for more. More partners and more (in lack of a better word) daring sex. And I think that it's often difficult to be open about these things even with your significant other, it feels shamefull and perverse, and that diminishes the relationship.

>a costume party
Wow, big fucking woop.

Does anyone have any idea what camera or at least how to get this look in my photos? I'm absolutely in love with it.

go back 20 years in the past you fucking idiot

Try 35

JUST like EWS

I guess youre right but I never wanted more partners and was content with normal sex.

>JUST like EWS
>JST lk EWS
>J l EWS
>...

Yeah, but that's just you, and it depends on what you define as normal.

I don't think a lot of people are degenerate, usually the ones who are tend to be the loudest

you aren't part of the high-IQ psychopath section of humanity that runs things

cont. Of course I mean straight heterosexual people
I guess youre right

Sure, but a lot of people also still think that a normal sexlife is missionary once a week.

pedowood and satanism

Theres nothing wrong with missionary or more everyday right...right???

their relationship and infidelity. eyes wide shut is the evangelion of cinema, a whole bunch of symbolism that has nothing to do with what people think

the movie works on at least two levels, including the one you described.
it also works as a guy who literally stumbles into a secret society that does orgies, sacrifices, pedophilia, and possibly magic.

No, it's a commentary on society using their relationship as the lens.

visual-memory.co.uk/amk/doc/0096.html

Kubrick isn't a hack like Anno.

This. Also this is the kind of shit people with actual money and power do. What else do you if you're rich and powerful? You go to orgies and weird ceremonies.

It was about Nicole Kidman's juicy THICC ass.

>What else do you if you're rich and powerful? You go to orgies and weird ceremonies.

The rich are no different from anyone else. People are for the most part the same. Do they fly netjets instead of delta, sure, but the difference is small. Any one can hold a surrealist party, you don't need to be rich.

They are not going to crazy orgies or participating in secret occult rituals. Its just modern art and fancy dress parties nothing shocking. They a similar outlook as everyone else.

I actually rewatched this last night. What was the significance of the minor subplots throughout, e.g. the prostitute, and the Russian and his daughter? I suppose the prostitute is Bill lashing out against his wife's cruel confession of near-infidelity, but then why does he bring her a present later on?

And what of the gay hotel clerk hitting on billy boy? It gives a reason for the clerk giving out information on a paying customer so eagerly, but Bill didn't have a problem getting the address earlier by flashing his credentials, nor getting admittance into the morgue.

Finally, I can't get the closing line out of my head; "Fuck." - what is it supposed to signify? Is it to be taken at face value just like that?

All in all, it's actually a very layered film. You don't even reach the party until over an hour into the runtime, yet this almost goes unnoticed. The pre-climax is engaging enough on its own.