So Jedha is the jedi homeworld right? is that the implication?

so Jedha is the jedi homeworld right? is that the implication?

Gee what do you think

A Jedi homeworld.

God I hope not.

Because after that, the sith didn't come from Korriban, they came from Sitha.

Wait they don't live on Endor?

Man they are really spelling it out for the audience now.

It doesn't imply that at all, it just says that it's one of many important cities to the ancient jedi.

No, it's just supposed to be the site of one of the oldest Jedi temples.
Not a homeworld.

Doesn't the force come from Trees or some shit

*important planets

The Sith came from Moraband

It'S like their Mecca. They really drove this point in the movie home by making the populace literal Arabs

Depends how deep the dredge through the EU, but this implies it as either a pilgrimage site or a sort of homeworld. EU held Tython as the Jedi "homeworld"

Moraband and Korriban are different names for the same world.

Hope all lightsabers come from Lightsabah

It just looks like that Jedi is holding a giant turd.

That's only true in the old EU. Nu Canon only calls it Moraband

So Jedi is now a species, not just a religion?

That's not what i got from it. It's just a planet with an ancient jedi temple on it.

Think of it like space Tibet, retard. Fuck can't you people figure stuff out on your own?

Eh, it's not like all Christians comes form Jerusalem...

Cuz it had lots dem crystals we like

Jedi are space Muslims. Fighting for freedom and equality. Just like they are doing now.

Jedha's origins and connection to the Jedi are lost to history, just as the origins of the Jedi themselves have been. Some say it was where the Jedi got their name, others that it was named for the Jedi. At any rate, it was a very old world, settled in the distant past, and was very dear to the Jedi at one time as it was a source of Kyber crystals, though it had long faded into obscurity.

It's one of the places where they mine the crystals for their lightsabers. It's what the empire used as a catalyst for the death star.

No, it was a world prominent to the Jedi with a Jedi Temple/Training Ground on it.

is that an abstract merchant?

Jedha? Is that what they were saying? I thought they were talking about a Jedi or someone named Jenny half the time.

Can't understand what you're saying with yer gaddamn accents!

Say what you will about Lucas he had the right idea with the 3 second establishing shot and names. Everything rolls off the tongue in his SW, the planets are all really unique. You know exactly who is doing exactly what in 3 seconds of establishing a new scene.

Lucas was the master of 'feels'.

Good radar.

EU tl,dr: ancient alyum pyramid ships that are powered by the force pick up force users around the galaxy, and go to Tython. They form the Je'daii Order. After light/dark philosophy horseshit and the usual force user civil war, a bunch of Je'daii left Tython for Ossus and created the Jedi Order. They eventually moved to Coruscant after a bunch of wars with the Sith and Ossus exploding, where they eventually got shafted by Sheev. After Sheev died, Luke made the New Jedi Order which was apparently fucked over exclusively by Ben "holds up spork" Solo and now we have Rey and Luke on an island.

It was just a place where they got the Cyber crystals for their lightsabers. Probably like a pilgrimage deal before becoming real jedi that Happy space merchants latched onto with that city.

Jedha? The name of the planet sounds like Jedi, they're making it too obvious

kek

Mandella Effect: It used to be spelt Kaiber Crystal

Maybe it's the origin of the Jedi philosophy. Calling someone a Jedi doesn't necessarily mean they are from Jedah, like calling someone a Samaritan doesn't necessarily mean they are from Samaria.

Was the blind guy a former jedi? They seemed to be implying that, but never outright stated it.

no it comes from mitochondria in your cells

I think he was just some dude who worshipped the Force and must have had at least some midichlorians or force training because he was able to do all that shit while blind

So this is it, huh? We are some sort of a Rogue One, A Star Wars Story?

Half of that isn't true anymore

>alyum
>je'daii
kek

Those two guys were guardians of the Jedi temple or something like that.

I thought they were saying Jenna.

Not obvious enough, judging by this thread.

This. In Legends lore, there's like 10 different Sith and Jedi planets that have importance from temples and ruins.

>and must have had at least some midichlorians
STAHP

>so Jedha is the jedi homeworld right? is that the implication?
yas

>The ancient world of Jedha was home to one of the first civilizations to explore the nature of the Force,[4] was considered a spiritual home of the Jedi,[7] and the Temple of the Whills–a great temple held sacred by those who followed the teachings of the Church of the Force–was located on the moon.[2] Some scholars made a case for Jedha as the location of the Jedi Order's first temple, alongside other candidate worlds, such as Ahch-To, Coruscant, Ossus, and Tython.[8] As a result, the moon became a holy land for those who followed the Force and a place that one would go on a pilgrimage.[4][5][2]

C A N O N

Why are the statues wearing farming robes?

>giant rock of obi-wan

amazing

Statue looks like Obi-Wan It's also on a desert planet. Really makes you think.

Are they trying to Arabify Jedis?

>tfw can hear it in her voice
Every living being in the galaxy has midichlorians, but usually they do jack shit.
Even Anakin only has 20,000. He's only a little stronger than Saiyan Saga Vegeta.

I swear I can remember Senator Binks dying in 19BBY, but now this timeline says he died in 4ABY?

Does anyone else remember this?

Why would Jedi need guards?

There aren't enough true jedi to do every menial task there is in the galactic republic?

They weren't guarding the jedi, just the temple. After Anakin killed all the younglings there are no more midichlorians left to go around, so no more jedi. Someone needs to protect the temple though, so they got a blind guy who mumbles to himself and listened to a lot of kung fu movies before he became a guard.

too stop looters, are you that retarded?

>Even Anakin only has 20,000. He's only a little stronger than Saiyan Saga Vegeta.

No, Ahch-To is. The planet they find Luke on in TFA.

Yeah two trees that produced light, the first Jedi took the light from these trees and made them into three gems. The first Sith stole them, this is the origin of Kyber Crystals.

>So Jedi is now a species, not just a religion?

I thought it was because midicloreans?

Jedi would sense looters immediately

Even the jedi temples fucking librarian was a full fledged jedi

Is this kino

I thought their homeworld was Tattoine

I remember temple guards from battlefront 2 and they were just normal dudes with blasters

Not robot looters though.

>They really drove this point in the movie home by making the populace literal Arabs
Local populace was Asian, dummy.

>abstract

It's De Stijl but whatever

This, jeddah is also a real place in Saudi Arabia. It's an obvious theme of 'the exotic' theyve always made use of

offtopic but does anyone think that the reason why rey experienced those visions from anakin's lightsaber is the same reason why the blind asian could sense Jyn's kyber crystal? Do kyber crystals have the force imbued in them too?

DUSNEY CANON IS SO FUCKING GARBAGE HOLY SHIT

>wear robes
>worship dumb religion
>they're all volcel

it's true, all of it

That looks even more hamfisted than TFA and thats saying something

well sith were a race so

>crying child in the middle of a desert conflict between Bedouin looking "rebels" and the "empire"

What did Disney mean by this?

I can't speak to nu canon but in old canon there were crystals that could be attuned to Force wielders or that were sensitive to the force.

I.e. Dantooine crystal caves

Is that why they were dressed in turbans and rags? Or when they basically had a Baghdad tier ambush in the city streets?

yes

no

definitely yes

absolutely not

cause its a sand planet

>Jedha
>Jedi
>habitat
>Jedha

Holy shit is that some latent poetry?

Dantoine

no, you're wrong

yes, you're correct

no, you're an idiot

yes, you're a moron

so the sith race is no longer canon?

they use lightsabres (and the force) not canons, you blithering idiot!

kek

>Is that why they were dressed in turbans and rags? Or when they basically had a Baghdad tier ambush in the city streets?

That was Saw's "Free" "Jedhan" "Army". The locals that Jyn Erso saved in the fight looked like Tibetans.

>mfw I realize Jedi = Space Jews

(You) deserve it