I just listened to this stupid album, it's nothing but normalfaggot crap, love, happy feelings and shit like that...

I just listened to this stupid album, it's nothing but normalfaggot crap, love, happy feelings and shit like that. How come people here like that and even recommend it? That kind of music is vacuous and meaningless, false, the music of a hypocrite.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/kV9sNmujCPk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Just because you're dead inside doesn't mean other people can't be genuinely happy

Yeah, don't trust the music recommendations of waifufags. Same story with Grimes

It's okay, buddy. Go back to listening to Swans and telling yourself that no one "gets you".

Actually, I'm a big Grimes fag. Her music at least doesn't revolve around love and happy feelings.

It's really good for the genre. Do you like other synthpop?

Happy music sucks

I've never listened to Swans.
If I was dead inside I wouldn't even be able enjoy music and if that was the case I wouldn't be posting here telling you why Carly Rae sucks.

>not being able to find enjoyment only in music when dead inside
Pleb

>I really really really really like you

WOW!

It's sad when you've got no arguments and only memes, isn't it?

Am I low IQ because I despise the music of a vacuous artist?

Does music need to only deal with deep themes and negative feelings?

That's pretty narrow-minded. And to put such weight into lyrical content is a pretty normie thing to do.
The album is great because it takes influences from and synthesizes pop sounds from the past 4 decades and reworks them through Carly's bubblegum pop mindset into an album that sounds simultaneously like much of the pop before it and yet none of it. Truly a landmark and breath of fresh air in a pop landscape devoid of almost anything worthy of even piquing interest in the past decade.
And to divert from the recent pop phenomenon making every love song a sap song and every positive song tinged with the spectre of glorifying unhealthy behavior makes the lyrical content a breath of fresh air as well.

I think you're just salty that an artist is happier than you OP.

because this board is filled with nu-male poptimists who fall for every marketing campaign

This
OP is a faggot

is this satirical?

No

nailed the head on the nail

Jesus christ this board has gotten worse than I thought. that post reads just like the typical pitchfork "review" that sounds more like a fucking press release than critical analysis.

>Does music need to only deal with deep themes and negative feelings?
no, and there's plenty of music that has positive themes and is more interesting than the vapid top 40 pop this board now pretends is something profound because online tastemakers told them so

Did you want me to go into detail about each track and its merits? I'm not a good writer, I'm just trying to succinctly explain why I think it's a really good album.
>vapid
Again, music is more than lyrical content, dingus. If you just don't like pop, why even complain about it after listening to a pop record you knew you weren't gonna like?

I never expected to like EMOTION as much as I did. It really took me by surprise. I kind of expected to dislike it actually.

ITT: An out-of-touch hermit getting angry at fun pop music

based

Your post= BS

And what is worse is that you truly believe in what your post says.

I like Grimes and Marina and even one Lady Gaga album, but this bitch is insufferable.

If you believe in what you're saying isn't it inherently not bullshit? A bad opinion maybe, but not bullshitting.

the music itself is also vapid

this is what people mean when they say this board has gone to shit. anyone who says they don't like whatever rap or pop album is being shilled this month is a loser or "bitter virgin" or "neckbeard," etc.

hahahhahahahahahahahha
oh god
hahahahahhahahahahah

>If you believe in what you're saying isn't it inherently not bullshit?

Holy shit.

Explain how the music itself is vapid

music that sounds good when it's made primarily to sound good is good music

Carley Rae Shitsen is an old woman who sings about shitty feelings a teenager could have. Fuck off.

You're talking about lyrics again user

Explain how it's not, it's the same four on the floor dance beat that's been in pop music for over a decade now

So?

agreed, saying the music is just happy shit is admitting the album conveys happiness. If the album makes you feel an emotion, doesn't that mean it's serving its purpose as art?

The OP and similar bitter autists don't get happy emotions from popular music. It has to be indie or no go.

youtu.be/kV9sNmujCPk

Second song on the album. Not four on the floor, incorporates an interesting bassline and has dynamic range between the verses and chorus. It's a simple song structure but it's pop nigger, if you don't want simple song structure you probably don't want pop in general.

Sup Forums sustains its eighth grade-tier hate boner against pop music and poptimism despite primarily listening to pop music anyway, more at 11
whether or not this is a good pop album is one thing but you totally fit the stereotype because you're bringing up the fact that it has lyrics about happy emotions like it's a strike against it
like, christ alive dude

>OP is a faggot
>gets triggered when he's called a faggot
I don't like this album either but you're just being a cunt so fuck off

>Sup Forums sustains its eighth grade-tier hate boner against pop music and poptimism

What are you talking about? rap is the most popular genre on this board

>I've never listened to Swans.
you should

It's also ranked number 11 for 2015 so I expected something better than crappy music for normalfaggots. I'm very dissatisfied with its position on the ranking and with the album itself.

what makes you think you're not a normie
i'm truly interested to hear your response

people who listen and enjoy this stuff are the same target audience for family sitcoms. if you ever wondered how this shit gets produced remember that you share a planet with these people.

I don't like an awfully mediocre album that occupies such a high place in a ranking.

is that it?

Now that's a Wojak I've never seen.

this but unironically

>I just listened to this stupid album, it's nothing but normalfaggot crap, love, happy feelings and shit like that. How come people here like that and even recommend it? That kind of music is vacuous and meaningless, false, the music of a hypocrite.

Luckily, I'm not white.

because she's a normie artist that makes kinda good songs and was received well critically so people want to like her so they seem more cultured than they are: "ya i listen to post-avant jazzcore AND top40 pop"

This explains so much..

actually, only low testoterone white males are poptimist retards.

It's a pretty good album compared to most modern mainstream pop.
>vacuous
Look how smart I am!
>meaningless
Music doesn't have to be "so deep bro" to be enjoyable. it's a nice album with more than a few catchy songs on it.

What's wrong with Swans? Am I supposed to feel ashamed because I like them? Fuck.

A fedoralord is still a fedoralord.

You are such an angry little brown boy aren't you?

Mabe instead of music you should go become a prolific reader and maybe you can keep up with the pace of the technologic society we're busy building over here oke?

Please stop making us look bad.

You're low IQ because you used the word Vacuous thinking it would make you sound smart.

>love and happiness are meaningless

are you serious?

>Luckily, I'm not white.

this user speaks the truth

good post

Some of this album gives me that warm and fuzzy nostalgia, thinking about falling in love with my so.
Sentimentality usually makes me cringe cause people take themselves too seriously with it, but when it's just fun like this I'm down.

I liked the album's sound as well. Sentimentality is usually cringey, I agree. On this album she definitely has some fun with it.

Only heard that one song and thought it was dumb, but why do you even care OP? Seems more normalfaggy to me to be upset by what's popular or not popular than just listening to what you like

>Ranked 11 for 2015

The absolute state of music.

I'm disappointed, that's all. Many Sup Forumstard said it was great a year ago and I usually believe in what it's posted here.

I agree. The album is pretty mediocre. Listen to Robyn - Body Talk. It's by one of the artists Emotion was an influence for, I think. It's much better.

Sup Forums is a normalfag board, you should just look for music elsewhere imo. you just shitpost here

I honestly blame Max Landis.