Do you think Barack Obama's presidency has been a success or a failure, and why?

Do you think Barack Obama's presidency has been a success or a failure, and why?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0opw79CAoP4
youtube.com/watch?v=ziwYbVx_-qg
youtube.com/watch?v=0AuG-400x2E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I don't care, I'm only here to fap to cute pictures

Fail
Black people were supposed to be happy. Instead we got BLM
>Give a mouse a cookie...

I'd say middle of the road. He failed greatly in what he promised, failed greatly in what other's thought he promised, and passed in ways that people thought he would fail.

He's pretty much what you can expect from an establishment president in our time, on either side of the aisle, which unfortunately leads to mediocrity.

Success.
1. He's been dignified and presidential.
2. He's been the first black person in the role and has shown black people can lead effectively.
3. He made a bold call on Osama bin Laden and was successful.
4. He made America more tolerant.
5. He never stooped to the low level of the Republican trolls who have been blocking everything in the Senate.
6. He avoided any major scandal.
7. He created major economic growth, especially after George W. Bush left the US in a financial crisis in 2008.
8. He slow jammed the news.

I've come around to like the guy quite a bit, even though I'm more conservative than him politically and economically. Despite the right being screaming mad for eight years, he has maintained dignity, humor, and leadership.

It doesn't really matter.

How do you make an approval ratings poll out of 4chin posts?
Answer that and I'll answer your questions.

Never have I seen Americans so confused, lost and defeated as right now under his presidency. In 2008, the American left wasn't half as insane and radical as they are now. Fringe groups on tumblr that normies laughed about are now dictating societal norms.

>strawpoll<
>meme arrows obligatory

Failure

America is not united anymore. He's part of the SJW political power structure which controls mass media. His people are juiced in with CNN, Twitter, et al.

People are in denial because they were sold on Obama being the American savior in 2008. He would get us out of Iraq, Afghanistan, close Gitmo, everything would be great again.

>2016
>foreign policy is a clusterfuck
>Libya is a glorified disputed zone
>Proxy war with Syria for no reason
>ISIS is pulling their shenanigans
>more terrorist attacks on American soil than under Bush, all of which could have been preventable but politically-correct internal policies from the Oval Office caused them
>race relations plummeting
>American economy growing at an anemic pace after 8 years
>lectures the American people on why they are bad and why he is good
>massive ego

But the biggest reason why he is bad is because the same mass media that excoriates every Republican under the sun DOES NOT scrutinize him similarly. They are in his pocket.

Piece of shit.

Like I said. I think many are in denial that the savior of America (circa 2008) turned out to be a disappointing pile of shit.

A failure who did a few good things. Letting people stay on their parent's health plans until 26 was a good idea.

Otherwise he's ruined race relations, he's been one of the weakest leaders we've ever had, and criticized and insulted the American people every time he opened his mouth. He fulfilled none of his promises in a satisfying way.

He also funneled billions of dollars to whoever donated to his campaigns.

Nah, these threads are the opinion polls. Next week this time you'll see "his approval ratings after the shooting" etc

He did his best. Syria was going out of control regardless of his input. Fucking with Gaddafi was his biggest mistake in the long run.

>>foreign policy is a clusterfuck

Obama has worked to move our country as best he can, away from the middle east, and more towards the direction of Asia. Through trade deals like the TPP or increasing bilateral alliances, for example with Vietnam and Korea, he has given us stronger economic ties to expanding economies which has opened markets for our products and increased opportunities on both sides. Additionally, he has increased our military presence in the South China Sea, which has assisted in ensuring a free flow of trade in the face of Chinese interference, and that has helped to maintain strong economic interaction between growing economies like Vietnam and the Philippines with the US. We see this in other areas as well such as his recent usage of the US Navy in the Yellow sea to assist Korea in ousting Chinese pirates.

His agreement with Iran in the face of myopic and jingoistic opposition, has been a massive historic achievement and is going to ensure not just safety in terms of the US and Israel, by not just preventing Iran from achieving nuclear agency, but also by enabling the moderate elements within that country and demonstrating to the people of Iran that if they work with the US rather than act in an antagonistic manner, a better future can be had for all. We saw this clearly in the last election, when all of the hardliners against the signing of the agreement were voted out and more moderate elements took charge.

Also the usage of military to help stop the Ebola crisis in West Africa, as well as the ouster of Qaddafi. There was the climate deal he (and Hillary) finally got the Chinese to sign to agree to take serious action on climate change and their own CO2 emissions. He pulled out us out of Iraq and against the advice of a hawkish military and politicians, has managed to craft a very careful policy in Syria which has allowed us to make significant gains against ISIS without getting entangled into a protracted involvement.

>he pulled out of Iraq
Yeah real good decision kek

Where the fuck did you come from anyway. Are you getting paid for this?

Politics as usual. So no.
Feels good knowing my inheritance of a country is circling the toilet and because the assholes that raised the boomers bombed Germany into rubble I am basically seen as a nigger in the land I really would want to be in otherwise.
Big thumbs up to another American nigger as president

It will be viewed as a big success considering the next president is going to have a market collapse incoming. Normies love him. What Sup Forums opinion and the alt right doesnt matter, they will always be seen as partisans being bitter.

>Enabling moderate (muslims)
I read the whole thing to there man, why'd you have to do it so late?

Obama was a below average president that will be remembered as an above average president mostly due to the fact that he is black.

Forgettable.

In the future, the only thing people will remark about his terms is that he was the first black president.

But I feel he is fine with that.

And yet you dont live here and dont really know.

Obama has nothing to do with the SJW nonsense.

Get off Sup Forums and enjoy life

failure
-race relations are the lowest in decades
-economy is barely growing
-pulled out of the middle east allowing ISIS to pick up the power vacuum
-SJW
-was only elected the 2 time because he was black

Failure. He adopted a very shitty situation but was overall a very mediocre president.

>TPP

Stopped reading there and answer me.

Why do you excuse a man who enables corporate welfare?

What is the 2009 recession?

bait, but i'm hooked

1. He's been dignified and presidential.

>"dignified" is what you call ignoring the pleading of your ambassadors, and unstabilizing countries for mah greatest alley?
>also he cries when little babby boy trey trey got shot, but not a single tear for 50 fags

2. He's been the first black person in the role and has shown black people can lead effectively.

>worsen race relations
>his skin color didn't decide the decisions of his lobby pals

3. He made a bold call on Osama bin Laden and was successful.

>you got the most hunted man in the world only after searching around a decade for him
>also every other president would've killed your cia agent, because he outlived his purpose

4. He made America more tolerant.
>3rd wave feminism slowly destroys academia, turns young adults into whiny crybabies who can't defend them self
>Muslims laughing about the western "tolerance" and commit atrocities left,right and center.

5. He never stooped to the low level of the Republican trolls who have been blocking everything in the Senate.
>still tries too hard to make fun of Trump and fails. "EHM-M-M-M-M OKEY DOKEY"

6. He avoided any major scandal.
>BENGHAZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZI

7. He created major economic growth, especially after George W. Bush left the US in a financial crisis in 2008.
>economies pull themselves together after having a low. not really his work.

8. He slow jammed the news.
>???
>because the news are owned by his supporters?

this is a redpill that none of you wan't. 5 minute video that just utterly destroys obama.

youtube.com/watch?v=0opw79CAoP4

With the exception of 3, I didn't know today was opposite day.

Pretty much.

Who made this? A 4th grader?

Your cancer has been exported here. I don't know who exactly was responsible for it but I do know it happened under his rule.

Positive things he will be remembered for:
-First Black President
-Heading the raid that killed Bin Laden
-Same sex marriage
-Using social media effectively
-Being a personable president

Negative things:
-Gun control
-Setting race relations back by making massive news stories out of things that shouldn't have been
-Speaking before knowing about a subject
-Helping create groups like ISIS
-Being weak on the world stage
-Messing up healthcare

I think he will be remembered with a resounding "meh" overall. But out of people that have strong opinions about him, there will be more who feel negatively about him than positive.

>-economy is barely growing

When he took office we faced a record unemployment and the precipice of a financial cliff which was the worst since the great depression. Now our economy is one of the strongest in the world, and unemployment is at a healthy 5%. There are roughly 6% of workers who are part-time which want to be full time, and another 6% who have "left the work force", but those numbers are much lower than they were 8 years ago when they were closer to 15%. Much of the criticism of Obama's track record in the department has been a lot of skewed statistical analysis. The fact is that the amount of people who have given up looking for work is down, unemployment is at what is considered structurally sound for a healthy economy, and GDP growth and job creation is getting slowly back to pre-recession levels.

A large part of this economic success was due in early part to the Stimulus (the American Re-investment and Recovery Act), which helped save and create millions of jobs over the last several years. Additionally, through the stimulus Obama instituted some of the largest increases in infrastructure funding since FDR and the New Deal-- massive investments in highway, bridges, public transportation, the power grid, and communications refurbishments and reconstruction. He tripled the amount we spend on green energy and lowered CO2 emissions to their lowest levels in 20 years. That's just a quick overview of the basics of what the act did, but the long and short of it was that it spurned on much needed investment in aging infrastructure which created jobs and opportunities for business growth and expansion.

>Ring-ring. Safety first!

what did you put in the seargch to get this from tmblr

Leaving Iraq created isis. Obama lied to the American people about the nuclear deal which may lead us to eventually having to invade Iran in the interests of stopping them from obtaining nuclear weapons.

Obama was very successful if you consider his actual goals though. The middle east has been successfully destabilized by our creation of civil wars and isis. This has given an great excuse to import immigrants into the EU so that they can impose more draconian restrictions of rights on their people. It also stops russia from having any powerful allies except china. Obama has brought the US into a great position to unite with the EU and developing countries against Russia and China. He has successful isolated these countries from obtaining any more allies and striped them of any true chance of becoming a global power that could outclass the NATO.

The US economy has been the biggest in the world for over 50 years. Starting 2014, for the first time it came 2nd to China in PPP.

>ended two wars

And started 2 more wars. Great.

success

>massive financial contagion prevented
>Domestic energy production almost 100% higher
>Dollar strong
>Free healthcare
>US military stronger than ever

Its like we got everything we wanted

>dignified and presidential
>crying on television and dropping a microphone

Pick one

Success. John Kerry had to downplay liberal social issues because focusing on them was considered political suicide. Now those very issues are going to guarantee 16 years of a democrat presidency. In terms of influence, he's a democratic Reagan.

The only liberal issues he dropped the ball on was continuing the Bush doctrine of 1984-esque permanent war and letting the NSA do whatever the fuck it wants.

Failure.

He made the economy decent again. That's about it. Eveything else he failed at

1. He inherited the instability in the Middle East from the previous administration, so can't really be blamed for that.

2. Race relations have improved as a result of Black Lives Matter -- there's greater recognition of how black people get treated by the police. And greater recognition of the destructiveness of racists. There's been kickback from the racists (like those Sup Forums faggots who took guns to a BLM rally), but overall the US is now less racist than it was eight years ago.

3. He got Osama bin Laden just over two years into his presidency. He survived for six under George W. Bush. To me, this looks like success for Obama.

4. It's easier to be gay in America than it was eight years ago. It's easier to be a minority in general. This is a massive improvement. The reaction to the Orlando shootings shows how far we've come.

5. He rightfully lampoons Trump as a "politician who tweets." This phrase captures it perfectly -- Trump lacks dignity.

6. The stuff in Libya was a terrorist attack in which a few Americans died. I don't know why alt-right is obsessed with turning this isn't a political scandal. It's not! it was just a fucking terrorist attack.

7. The positive condition of the economy is one of the reasons the populace is leaning Democrat at the moment.

8. youtube.com/watch?v=ziwYbVx_-qg

Also, I'm not even American. I just think he's been a competent leader -- the best since FDR, in my opinion. He's going to be much better than his successor.

COBRA COMMANDER

Obama is an Islamic Mason infiltrator used to "close the deal" and finish America off for good.

Overall I think he did a good job (even though I was barely an adult when he took office). Not nearly as much a disaster as Trump seems to believe. But I really don't like how he endorsed Hillary.

Going against the advice of our generals is almost always a mistake. Generals are experts on this kind of thing.

He did a lot of shit indirectly, one may question if it's been deliberate or actual fuckups
>Leaves Iraq -> creates a power void filled by Islam Extremists
>Helps the countries caught in the Arab Spring -> read the point about Iraq again
>pumped money into schools and academia to increase education rates -> creates nu-males and third wave feminazism
>tries to pacify racial hatred -> actually increases the racial tension, more chimpouts than those during the Bush years (if there actually were)

So, if the world is as it is, Obama is to blame.

read Clausewitz

You're a pretty dull guy.
You ought to just give it a rest and go find a hobby to occupy yourself with.

Alex Jones is right, youtube.com/watch?v=0AuG-400x2E first hour

watch the first hour
the first whole hour
watch the first hour
the first hour
the first hour

He fired all the top brass that stood in his way and put in political hacks.

Are you shtting us senpai?

Trillions, literally fucking trillions of dollars on our children's backs for stimulus packages that bailed out fucking Wall Street and multinational corporations.

Its complacent bullshit of this nature from common citizens that is one of the main reasons we'll be a 3rd world country soon. Don't be a genetic fuck up. Get mad. Its ok.

>1. He inherited the instability in the Middle East from the previous administration, so can't really be blamed for that.
He may have inherited it, but he made it a lot worse by prematurely pulling out soldiers, funding/ supplying rebels, and then making empty promises.

>5. He rightfully lampoons Trump as a "politician who tweets." This phrase captures it perfectly -- Trump lacks dignity.
Trump has much more dignity than Obama.

>Also, I'm not even American
Suddenly 5. makes more sense. You have to go back.

He never recovered psychologically from the 2008 primary.

If you look at videos of him before 2008, he's a completely different person. He's full of hope, youth and energy and he sounds like the messiah, but after that he's just a neutered, empty shell of his former self. Same goes for Bernie and it's gradually happening to Trump.

Fighting Hillary will destroy your soul.

>but overall the US is now less racist than it was eight years ago.
Kek if you think this you're deluded. At least here in Massachusetts it's become acceptable to complain about minorities ruining our cities while before everyone awkwardly avoided mentioning race.

see
Also, Obama championed the Dodd-Frank financial reform bill which added regulations to Wall Street to help prevent some of the excess of the previous years and work to create a more transparent economy. Investment banks are no longer permitted to sell products unless they are in the clients best interest, changing the previous deception that helped enable the worst of the financial crisis. He created a Consumer Financial Protection Bureau to make companies work harder on transparency with consumers. He made it harder to securitize Mortgage Backed Securities to help prevent the creation of toxic CDOs as well. More Wall Street firms are forced to higher capital requirements and stress tests to help preclude the need for bailouts and there is increased scrutiny of excess executive pay.

1. He inherited the instability in the Middle East from the previous administration, so can't really be blamed for that

>Libya and Syria were pretty stable, before the """"""moderate"""""" rebels also known as proxy-isis were supplied by the US and Allies.

2. Race relations have improved as a result of Black Lives Matter -- there's greater recognition of how black people get treated by the police. And greater recognition of the destructiveness of racists. There's been kickback from the racists (like those Sup Forums faggots who took guns to a BLM rally), but overall the US is now less racist than it was eight years ago.

> BLM is one step away from becoming domestic terrorist, they're whole stick is just a glorification of thug culture. Holding criminals as martyrs just because they disobeyed the rules of police and suffered the consequences.
>white people are now afraid of being called racist, but the tide is slowly turning, and many notice that this word has lost his effect, because everybody can be called a racist, for just disagreeing with a person of another ethnicity.
>also Detroit is still a shit hole

3. He got Osama bin Laden just over two years into his presidency. He survived for six under George W. Bush. To me, this looks like success for Obama.

>like i said, it was not his sole deed, the other possible president could've also give the order to kill Osama

4. It's easier to be gay in America than it was eight years ago. It's easier to be a minority in general. This is a massive improvement. The reaction to the Orlando shootings shows how far we've come.

>again, not his doing, but the development of the american society as a whole. His press conference was not really that a good evidence of how far we've come."

5. He rightfully lampoons Trump as a "politician who tweets." This phrase captures it perfectly -- Trump lacks dignity.

> Trump lacks dignity, i think he has more dignity than the Machiavellian snake Hillary.

two?

Failure OP.

Destroyed our sovereignty, trillion dollar bailouts for Wall Street, mega banks and big business, is going to pass TPP, overthrew and atemptedto overthrow democratically elected governments (Syria, in particular). Doesn't use the phrase Islamic Terrorism or Islamic State. Is trying to forcibly "diversify" all neighborhoods to secure his party's future voting base of double digit IQ people. Numerous other tragedies. He's a very bad president.

Obama's presidency has been both.

It's been a failure as far as the Constitution and the intent of the nation's founders goes.

It's been a success as far as the NWO goes. He's been no different from the last four presidents in that manner,

6. The stuff in Libya was a terrorist attack in which a few Americans died. I don't know why alt-right is obsessed with turning this isn't a political scandal. It's not! it was just a fucking terrorist attack.

> it could've been avoided or at least, some thing done, but Obama and Hillary did jack shit, and that's why Americans had to die. Because of their incompetence/ruthlessness

7. The positive condition of the economy is one of the reasons the populace is leaning Democrat at the moment.

>yeah, no i doubt that, not an economist. but usually more conservative countries have a better economy.

8. youtube.com/watch?v=ziwYbVx_-qg

>Lenin had a Rolls Royce and Hitler had great speeches, only because he shows charisma doesn't make him a great leader, he made many mistakes.

the best since FDR

FDR is overrated, and cut JFK some slack, he had to inherit the whole shit that built up from FDR's administration

Neutral.

Biggest error: Obamacare ( Mitt prob would have done the same)

Biggest win: Less foreign intervention. Diplomacy with old enemies Cuba, Iran, etc

> The stuff in Libya was a terrorist attack in which a few Americans died.

An American ambassador dying is a big fucking deal.

I mean we were in Libya to HELP the Libyans, why would our Libyan friends backstab us?

>He's been the first black person in the role and has shown black people can lead effectively.
this is basically the only reason anyone thinks he's good

An ambassador dying by the hand of your local population is the worst thing that you can do.

>Libya to HELP the Libyans, why would our Libyan friends backstab us?

oh sweet summer child,
at this point i think you're either trolling/very very ignorant or too young to visit this site

Well said. Checkem

Failure
>doubled the national debt, debt to GDP ratio now to 100%
>destabilized the middle east, terrible policies that gave birth to the migrant crisis and ISIS
>ineffective, went back on all his pre-election promises
>increased civil unrest

Not as bad as bush but he was overall pretty bad

He managed to double down on Bush.

Your rationalized bullshit doesn't change the mathematical reality of him essentially dooming us. The fact that you believe he is NOT a corporate/mega bank shill only proves your stupidity. You're going to try to validate the government's criminal actions during the recession? I bet you still think the recession was an issue of financial regulation, too.

>Consumer Financial Protection Bureau

His solutions were shit, remain shit and will be shit until they are changed. Who do you think authored his "reforms" cuck? Literally trillions of fucking dollars going towards an almost entirely immigrant labor force and CORPORATE welfare, destroying what's left of manufacturing and blue collar jobs (that is what the GOP and Dems hadn't deliberately destroyed or failed to protect). But, oh. He championed a focus group approved bill.

He did damage control. And you are a cuck.

Pic unrelated