Welcome our new overlords

So you're learning russian or mandarin?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1997_Asian_financial_crisis
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Mandarin, Russia isn't a thing. Siberia already belongs to China.

Russian.

I'd kind of like to study Russian. Mandarin is too fucked up for me. I'm fairly confident in my skill with language but it's just too alien.

Typical western response. Mandarin is easier than Russian.

Mandarin (

grammar: Simple as fuck
Reading/Writing: Characters aren't that bad. Suck it up pussy.
Speaking: Okay tones are a little hard.
)

Russian (

Grammar: Fucked up
Reading/writing: Words are too damn long. Fuck that
Speaking: Words are too long and hard to say. Though, probably easier than Mandarin speaking wise
)

No language is "Too alien". Just immerse yourself. I can speak from experience that Characters and asian languages aren't that bad.

I'd rather learn Portuguese

For what, when the Brazilians enslave the world?

MWAHAHAHAHAHA
Your time will come. Your species will fall. Prepare yourselves for the SOPA.

>2017
>still falling for the BRICS meme

How can Trump be friends with Putin when Putin is allied with China and Trump opposes China?

russian is ez for me, but i refuse to learn this barbarian asiatic savage language

I want to learn Chinese, where do I start?

>Trump opposes China
Biggest meme, Trump is a pussy

Mandarin is a good language to study. Russia is a gas station and a corrupt, decaying kleptocracy. It's essentially a colder version of Brazil.

>when Putin is allied with China
Since when is China using Russia as a source of cheap raw materials an alliance?

Isn't China also a corrupt, decaying kleptocracy?

China is a based communist paradise.

fuck you

>It's essentially a colder version of Brazil.
No need to insult any one here, Brazil is much worse.

They said Japan would be the new overlord in the 1980s

They said China was going to be the new overlord by 2020. Then 2025, now maybe 2030

They said India would be a superpower by 2020.

They're wrong. For as long as men are free, America will always succeed. God bless

No, it's a complex web of social, political, and familial relationships held together by debt, much like Japan was in the late 80s and early 90s. Let me explain:

Chinese people are prodigious savers but their savings accounts typically return interest rates that would be laughable by western standards. They don't have a choice though, as there's effectively no competition among banks in China - all banks are merely extensions of the politburo. The government takes advantage of this easy access to capital to strategically shuffle money around and cover up the vast number of NPLs sitting below the surface.

Because of this, the Chinese don't care about profit. They care about cash volume. If enough cash is flowing through their system, then the economy will keep chugging along, no matter the structural defects. As long as economic growth continues at a high-enough rate, China can attract enough capital to hide bad investments in a torrent of cash.

China is still very much a planned economy, if somewhat less directly than it was in Mao's time, where the CCP manages everything, most companies are tied to the party and/or army in some way and all banks are state-owned.

China is an ascendant world power that continues to gain clout in Southeast Asia as the US retreats from efforts to contain Chinese economic influence in those markets, like the recently scrapped TPP and neglected ties with the Philippines and Myanmar. China is a dominant force in emerging East African markets and is slowly but surely gaining greater influence in Australian real estate and politics. China will grow larger.

Meanwhile, Russia is getting drunk on bath lotion.

When economic growth inevitably slows (and it is already beginning to do so), there won't be enough cash flowing through the system to service outstanding debts. We'll see a wave of defaults happening all at once, as a seemingly trivial shortfall of available capital paralyzes the system.

Almost all at once, confidence in the Chinese economy will plummet (like with Japan in the mid-90s) and capital will dry up. This will immediately lead to the Chinese economy contracting violently. If Beijing is sane, they'll try the same tactic as the Japanese and Koreans, and engage in a series of complicated monetary and fiscal maneuvers to absorb the debt without outright defaulting, but at the expense of any significant economic growth for a decade or more. If Beijing is insane (or simply unlucky), they'll instead end up in a deflationary spiral that'll normalize their strategically undervalued currency. This will actually increase the value of their debts, leading to bankruptcy.

You have to go back, Xiang.

Korea suffered from lost decades too?

My heritage is mostly Slavic :-DDDD

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1997_Asian_financial_crisis

Happened right after Japan's crisis became apparent. Korea was something of a special case. It's crisis wasn't as deep as Japan's, and it still had lots of room for easy growth when it hit. You can see it as a side-effect of a capital shortfall in the aftermath of the Japanese crisis.

Because it was shallow, though, Korea was eventually able to resume brisk economic growth and pull itself out of the crisis.

because they both sound like shit

I'm going to learn Hindi

Literally why?

português é tão fácil que nem tive que ir a escola para saber falar

>China using Russia as a source of cheap raw materials
lol so much this. and all those patriotic retards in russia keep pretending that we are actual allies and china would fight america for us, we are unbelievably pathetic.