5 > 4 >> R1 > 7 = 6 >>> 3 >>>> 1 > 2

>the original trilogy got better with each movie

Fuck off you gay nostalgiafag

5 = R1 > 4 > 6 = 3 > 1 > 2

>5=R1

What the fuck

5 = R1 > 4 = 6 > 3 = 7 > 1 > 2

Episode 1 was the shittiest of them all

If Empire switched places with A New Hope, would people prefer A New Hope?

As in, the first movie is just everyone getting fucked while the second movie dives deeper into their backstories and lets them win.

Someone doesn't know how to read.

Correct answer is 5 > 4 > 6 > R1 > 7 > 3 > 1 > 2

Pretty much.

In other words user is saying they are on par with each other for him.

Not listing the remakes,

5 > 4

4 > 5 > 6 = 3 >>> 7 > R1 > 1 > 2

5=4=3>R1=TFA>>>

Where does TCW rank? You know, the good parts, like the Umbara/Slaver arcs

5 > 4 >>>>>>>>>>>>> 6 >>>> 7 >>>>>>>>>>>>>> R1 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 3 >>>>>>>> 1 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 2

>hurr durr Disney made it, its new, its bad
Fuck off. Rogue 1 was awesome.

EP1 one had Maul which makes it better than 2 for me.

You seem to be someone with a brain

V > IV > VI > RO > VIII > III > I > II

5 > 3 > 4 > 6 > R1 > 1 > 7 > 2

Swap R1 with 7 and I'm with you.

Why does everyone forget that the Clone Wars movie had an actual theatrical release? Unlike R1 it actually had an opening crawl.

seconded

>Rogue 1 was awesome.

No it wasn't. Even if it was there's no way it's as good as Empire.

Episode I has the best art direction and cinematography of the prequels though. II is an ugly mess and III is fantastic meme material but it's so maudlin and dire it's almost as bad as II.

EP3 was better than EP7

6 was better than 5 in almost every way and only asshurt neckbeards who get offended by muppets (but don't mind Yoda) hate it.

5>4>3>6>2>1>>>>>>R1>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Pretty sure you would say vice versa if Rogue 1 was part of OT and Empire a Disney Movie.

Yeah, that's the correct list.

5>4>=6>R1>>>>>>>>>>2>>>>>>>>>>>

You're objectively wrong friend. I love Jedi, but it's not as good as Empire. And for the record Ewoks are people in suits not muppets. I still don't mind ewoks either.

Stop abusing the meme arrows I can't read this shit

No I'm judging it on the fact that Empire is actually a good movie while R1 is without a doubt mediocre.

Anyone who hates ROTJ is a god damn fool, but I still preferred Empire.

5>4>6>R1>7>3>1

>Better music
>An actual finale
>Space battle that wasn't just a bunch of ships flying around potatoes

Try not to choke on how wrong you are OP.

4 = 5 > 6 > RO > 3 > 7 > 1 > 2

No you're not. You're edgy kiddo who thinks hes special because he likes the OT the most and hates everything Disney makes because its made by Disney.

The space chase scene with asteroids is way more creative than a new hope's ending on steroids though

Fuck it I'll say it

5 =/= R1

I like em all. 6 was my fav.

Official ranking of Star Wars movies:

I don't hate that it's made by Disney I just hate that it was boring until the third act, even then it still wasn't great.

I agree on the music, RotJ has such a great soundtrack.

why the fuck does the middle film of a trilogy need a finale??? It ends perfectly for where it fits in the story. That's like saying Return of the King is better than Fellowship of the Ring because it has an ending.

Just because Empire doesn't really have a space battle doesn't mean its not as good or better than Jedi. In fact a battle in Empire like that would lessen then film in my opinion. The movie is about the Empire showing it's might even after it's big toy gets destroyed, pushing the rebels back over and over and crippling it's leadership. You really get the sense that the Empire has the upper hand at the end of Empire and it's all done without a huge space battle. Battles don't always mean good film you know, but the one in Jedi happens to be a really great battle.

The writing in Empire is better, the pacing is better, the mythology is better, the character development is better, the lightsaber battle is only just better (its mostly equal to Jedi's sabre fight though, calm down). Jedi has better action and special effects that's for sure but that doesn't mean it's a better film.

I was just razzing you up when i say you're objectively wrong but, you are.

5>4>6=R1>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>horse shit>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>any anime>2=3

I'm just kidding too, 5 is better. I just dislike the implication that 6 is when things started going downhill just because it wasn't as "dark".

>boring until the third act
What a big bullshit.

You autists have to explain to me why you rank this heaping pile of shit higher than Return of the Jedi. Is it because it reminds you of your Sup Forumsideogame shit, or because RedLetterMedia suddenly made you realize that you like Sheev all of a sudden? Perhaps you’re just an edgy teenager because le darkest Star Wars movie, or even worse, an adult with the same mindset. Probably a blend of each, this is Sup Forums after all. Both aren’t exactly the best in the saga, but ROTJ is clearly the better of the two. Jedi had more substance, less unnecessary flashy shit, less intended to market toys/videogames, no boringly drawn out lightsaber battles, the dialogue wasn’t as shit as ROTS, wasn’t completely directed in a sterile blue/green screen set, better story execution, less wooden acting, genuine care for the characters, etc. Don’t bother bringing up or comparing other Star Wars movies because this is strictly between ROTJ and ROTS. Being so bad it’s good doesn’t equate to it being a good film. Same rule applies to memes, I don’t need to be reminded that you’re under the age of 18. Reddit is not an argument either before you knee-jerk faggots try to spout where you defected from. The musical score for ROTS was pretty good, I’ll give you that. But that’s pretty much it. Let the anally devastated replies begin, I legit want to know why you rank ROTJ below ROTS.

I agree, I don't understand this whole "as dark as empire!" shit. Empire is dark for a reason, not all films have to do that and a lot shouldn't Jedi is exactly what it needs to be and it nails it.

Best one desu

Rogue One has about twice as much of a marketing budget as it does a production budget.

They can afford people to carpet every discussion forum on the internet and force you quiet down your opinion.

The movie is making shit, so they are put into overdrive.

Do not take the shill bait. Recognize Disney shills. Do not respond to them. Ignore them. Stand by your opinion.

Usually it's just the first 30 minutes, which are visually exciting, action-filled and with Chris Lee's death, after 2 movies the story finally sort of starts to make sense.

The middle isn't much to have but the transformation into the Empire is the one thing people had been waiting for the whole time and it delivered. Don't tell me you didn't enjoy watching all these characters fucking die.

Everything else including the battle at the end is pretty forgettable.

Who cares it's all trash at this point

RotJ blows, fuck off gramps

Thank you, finally. I'd personally put 2>=1, not that it matters at that point

It's boring because we already know the result of the movie since it leads directly into Episode 4. Pretty much the only way to make it interesting then would be to make actual characters instead of cardboard cutouts so we would actually care whether or not they make it out alive. The characters in this movie had no emotional gravity, I felt no sense of loss when they all died. The same thing happened in Godzilla, the movie looked good but Gareth Edwards can't direct emotion. In R1 the father daughter crap fell flat and the connection between the two protagonists fell flat. The two biggest attempted emotional pulls were shit so how can anyone care about what happens except to see some x-wings go pew pew for a few minutes and seeing Darth Vader f*ck shit up bro hell yeah!!

Compare that to Empire where you have a whole bunch of interesting stuff that happens in the story and isn't a bunch of references, exposition and quips to fill in the empty space where the character building should be.

>go to normiebook
>friend says that despite the lack of jedis, R1 might be the best sw movie
>guy coments saying that is not the best, because V and VII are better
This got me worked up
fuck this guy

Yeh, practically no one really likes it that much. It's a Star Wars movie and only the hardcore fans went to see it. It grossed only slightly above its budget and is dropping hard. Disney are damage controlling and praying its because of the "school" week, but we all know kids on the 21st of fucking december will always go to the movies anyway.

Half the people who watched it are rooting for the empire.

A lot of them are pissed off at some of the bullshit, like the Vader quip.

5 > 4 > 7 > 6 > 3 > R1 > 1 > 2

5 > 4 > 3 = 6 > 1 > R1 > 2 > Reddit Awakens

R1=5>7=4=3>6>1>2 is the only correct answer

I'm just waiting for the inevitable post where someone actually explains why R1 is better than any part of the OT

4>5>6>R1>3>1>2

>Rogue One has about twice as much of a marketing budget as it does a production budget.

I can honestly see why they would do that. It's the first major spin-off for the star wars series, and they needed this to be successful, since they plan on alternating spin-offs and main movies every year. If the first one was a flop it would've screwed up their entire plan. Plus, it was a more risky move than they normally do, so I could see why they would cover their bases and make sure it got as much coverage as possible, even being helped by having the Star Wars name.

You misspelled Sup Forums awakens, but that's ok. Sup Forums and reddit are interchangeable.

You're actually, unironically justifying a movie spending 600 million on indoctrinating and shilling?

4 times its fucking production budget?

Objectively correct.

V>R1=IV>>>VI>III=VII>>>>I>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>II

hanlon's razor you fucking mong

For Disney? Absolutely.

For them, money isn't an issue. The production budget and the marketing budget are separate entities. Regardless of how much gets spent on production, you had to have a major marketing campaign, because it was something different. The average moviegoer isn't going to know what "Rogue One" is, whereas it's much easier to market the next numbered movie. Plus, they're catering to a worldwide market, and need to get as much penetration as possible.

Welcome to business buddy. theres a difference between "i can see why" and "this is a good thing"

There should be a fucking test before being allowed to post

>5 = R1 > 4 > 6 = 3 > 1 > 2

very close to mine:
V > R1 > IV > III > VI > VII > I > II

Rogue One's got issues, but after a second viewing I feel it's reputation will only grow with time. The ending is melodramatic, sure, but watching it again knowing what would happen made the whole thing that much more tragic. Imperfect characters for an imperfect film, but the element of sacrifice is relatively powerful for a Disney space opera movie.

It's a movie and they have spent more money convincing people it's good than they did making it good.

Point invalidated.

We're being overrun by shills, it's your own fault if you're not clear enough.

They originally intended them to survive. Funny how you seem to know that's the lacking connection.

Shill detected.

I'm just trying to look at things from their perspective. Again, the two budgets operate independent from each other. The production cost as much as it needed to satisfy the director/higher-ups, so it did its job. Same with the marketing team.

Overall, it ended up exceeding expectations, so it their eyes it's a win, and justified the money spent.

Thanks for not disliking movies jut because they are made by Disney or not made 30 years ago.

5> 4> 6> R1 > 7 > 3 > 1 > 2

Give us proof that anybody who works in marketing at Disney gives two fart atoms of a stinky Taco Bell shit about what anybody on Sup Forums thinks.

Yeah I also sort of liked VIII

5 > 4 > R1 > 1 > 3 > 6 > 2

I'M ONE WITH THE FORCE
THE FORCE IS WITH ME
I'M ONE WITH THE FORCE
THE FORCE IS WITH ME

>implying any scene in a phantom menace even comes close to the end of return of the jedi
fucking what

DUEL OF THE FATES LMAO

>namefag
>3 before 6
Checks out

best ranking, the most mistakes were made in VI and II

>you have no proof argument

Written on the end of your script, eh shill?

I fucking hate ewoks my dude, I also forgot 7 but it'd be equal to 2 IMO

This is perhaps the only ranking I agree with. Congratulations on not being retarded.

>VII is one of the best, if not the best, SW movies
C'mon, user.