Home Defense Solution?

I am a 22 year old medical student in NJ. I am done putting off my Second Amendment rights. I want a firearm (don't care if its rifle, shotgun, or pistol) that is reliable yet affordable for a poorfag student living off borrowed money.

Recommendations?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Choke_(firearms)
newjersey-legal-guide.com/New-Jersey-Self-Defense.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Mossberg 500. Pump action shotgun, reputable brand, reliable, and cheap.

Get it chambered in 12Ga 3.5" shells.

Shit load of aftermarket parts as well if you want to modify it.

P.S.
Also, I don't want to accidentally shoot my neighbors through the wall if I get a break in.

Yeah, you wish pal. Chris Christie has got some words for you...

see hereWill the shot travel through Sheetrock?

>NJ
>New Jersey

'''''''''''''''''New Jersey"""""""""""

What? You just can't carry in public you can still own any firearm.

if you're close enough--i'm guessing an apartment? the shot will not pass through the soft target and through a wall.

if not, I would reccomend a S&W M&P Shield in either 9mm or .380 ACP. Upper $300 price range, use hollow points.

I advise that you practice a lot if you're using it for an apartment--you can't have an errant shot running through the wall. Practice makes perfect

Get a shotgun, ~300-450 (depending on location) for a nice pump action. It will make you prepared for any home invasion or SHTF.

Mossberg 500 or Remington 870 are the two most popular and reliable models.

Shells are reasonable cheap, get at least 200 rounds of buckshot and slugs at minimum.

Nice AUG!

The best, cheapest, most effective home defense weapon is a shotgun.

Honestly in 99% of situations, any 12 gauge will work.

Single shot break action.

Double barrel.

Bolt action. (They made tons of these back in the day, they're really cool and come with a c-lect choke so you can get whatever the fuck pattern you want without changing tubes)

Pump action.

Any of these. Any of them. Are a good home defense weapon.

Ordinarily a decent Mossberg pump action is only a hundred or two more than a single shot break action though, so your best bet is the pump.

>Mossberg

I've had my mossy 500 since I was 11, they hold up for a long time if you take care of it.

Would you guys recommend the 500 Tactical. My apartment is pretty close quarters.

That's the first gun I ever bought.
Don't use just the pistol grip, use the stock.
Or get a stock with a pistol grip, the 500 has a lot of aftermarket parts.

yes. take it to the range though and figure out the shot pattern at various differences. at ~15 feet the pattern should be about the size of a dinner plate if you're using improved cylinder

improved cylinder being the choke

Welcome to your civil liberties. May no one take them away.

Anyone know the specifics of shooting an intruder in NJ. What I've read is kind of spotty in the exact details. Afraid I might end up in jail for shooting a knife wielding heroin addict.

The choke is the muzzle device on a shotgun, it goes inside the bore to gradually bring the diameter of the barrel down to a smaller size, resulting in tighter groups for longer ranges.

Just wanted to clarify for the gun-noob OP.

I am shit at explaining things, thanks bud.

Ask a lawyer, user, not us.
I'm sure there is an organization in NJ that will give you free info on your state's laws.

Prices have gone up

Where are you doing your rotations medanon?

yep. Federal 00 buck with flight control and a tight choke if you're worried about errant projectiles. Due to the ballistic coefficient of buckshot and relatively low muzzle velocity of shotgun shells (compared to rifle rounds or +P handgun rounds) you shouldn't have to worry about overpenetration. If you want your groupings to be extremely tight, spend a little more and get the Mossberg 930SPX with a tight choke and the same ammo. A friend of mine uses that combo and has a tight enough groupings for hostage scenario headshots at 30 yards.

This

Fuck off to /k/

between first and second year. rotations are third and fourth

>shotgun
>hostage scenario at 30 yards
>headshot

considering that 75% of lead at 40 yards is will hit a 30 inch target, I am going to call you out that your friend is a god damn liar--and that is with a turkey choke, the tightest of all chokes

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Choke_(firearms)

if you want to kill the hostage, by all means proceed.

Christ. Are you guys that butthurt a man wants to act on his right that he was endowed with upon birth?

I have the right to fap to mlp shit, still this belongs on

Jersey bro where are you at which county? Go down to the local police station today and fill out your application and don't dick around with your fringerprints. Put in for one handgun permit too, do it at the same time as the initial permit. I recommend gettign yourself a 9mm handgun and a pump action. I got both about $1100 total. Heritage guild and Lou's are two good shops in NJ.

Good luck. Remember, this man is your friend.

Don't use fucking bird shot then.

I mean like
The United States Constitution didn't guarantee that right.
They did however guarantee the right to keep and bear arms. So if you talk about exercising that right, I'd argue it's inheritently political.

im a 20 minute drive outside of camden but the town im in is almost purely white. most of the degenerate trash dont venture out of the bad areas but i dont want to risk it anymore

lol yeah i shadowed a surgeon and he gave me his login creds to look something up. still use it for my own benefit.

Rolf nj ... "DUTY TO RETREAT"

pro tip do not live in a state that has no castle doctine, or a state that requires "justifiable need" in order to carry a gun.

Nj is a piece of shit nigger infested ghetto with mag limitis, and feature restrictions. It also has high taxes and is expensive as fuck to be surrounded by niggers, moslems, and cucked out liberals.

Hahhaaha get fucked nj

im moving to florida after my residency.

>duty to retreat

where am i supposed to retreat in my apartment? there's only one entrance. am i supposed to hide in the tub?

>its a stealth /k/ thread

Ok, heritage guild is probably closer to you then. They got the best handgun selection I've personally seen in NJ. They keep used pieces too if you're a super poorfag. They are also the only place I've seen that stocks milsurp like SKS rifles, Mosins, Enfields etc. Over all pretty great place. They are on rt22 in Branchburg near the PA border.

I honestly have no idea, they expect you to run and lock yourself in a bedroom.

I spent a couple years there and made the best decision ever to take a large pay cut and move to pa, where i live the same if not better due to substantial cost of living difference and no traffic or tolls.

im heading up that way next week i'll check it out thanks user

Ignore fuck face, and definitely leave NJ because even though he's an ass he's not wrong. I'm moving too, got 15k saved so far to do so. That being said, duty to retreat or not, I've already used my handgun once. Spic was breaking into my detached garage and I came out to him with my gun drawn. He begged me to let him leave, I wasn't going to until a neighbor came outside and started screaming I was going to kill someone.

>Parley and plunder
Kek
What's it say under the selector?

yeah PA is my second choice. liberals have destroyed this state. I thought Christie would clean it up and he did do a decent job reigning in spending and stopping the tax hikes but the place is beyond repair. they should just turn the place into a giant refinery/factory for the rest of the country.

even buckshot will spread that far.

dude i wouldn't trust a slug at 30 yards. shit drops faster than a sack of potatoes in ireland. unless you have a dedicated slug gun with a scope, and that is like comparing oranges to kittens.

fpbp

You may want to consider a 20ga for starters until you get used to shooting. Personally, a Mossberg 590 is my favorite model, but w/e.

But as many boxes of 00buckshot shells as you can. they don't cost much.

modifying and reloading is not difficult.

hahaha, that's the best!

Get a 80% AR-15 lower and finish it yourself

Then the government doesn't know you have it

This is perfectly legal.

OP again so I just found this

newjersey-legal-guide.com/New-Jersey-Self-Defense.html

no duty to retreat but you have a duty to call out the intruder and tell them to stop/leave unless you feel that doing so would endanger you

Only if he has access to a drill press or better yet, a mill.