Redpill me on Microsoft, pol. Why are they pushing Windows 10 so hard?

Redpill me on Microsoft, pol. Why are they pushing Windows 10 so hard?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PRISM_(surveillance_program)
archive.is/OBGB1
archive.is/tW6fu
archive.is/2XIvX
archive.is/qLRZx
archive.is/thsGd
archive.is/sz1nt
archive.is/g3QdQ
archive.is/ko469
archive.is/l6pmO
archive.is/zK93U
archive.is/CEvKh
archive.is/vhjwm
archive.is/2jehd
archive.is/KQsBh
archive.is/MB0Yy
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

because when you try to change the registry via the default admin account it reverts back within 24 hours.

because calculator and image viewer and pretty much everything useful are blocked/missing on the administrator account.

because it's "more integrated" for touchscreens or some shit

because you're a manchild and you don't know what's good for you.

because bill gates is a rich white man and not a special case.

because the terrorists win

this desune

Because Globalism

Shitty botnet

Chrome OS is better and doesn't spy you that much

Because windows 8 was a fucking mess

Alos why didnt we get a windows 9?

>Google
>Not a botnet
Laughing UNIX.jpg

>Alos why didnt we get a windows 9?

because jumping numbers is cool.

They're making it free and somewhat forced just to datamine.

>1 post by this id
Install gentoo or arch instead.

>because bill gates

Sigh.. why do people openly celebrate being ignorant?

TO
CONTROL
US
NWO HAS LEARNED POL TACTICS
USING THEM AGAINST US
WE MUST REMAIN VIGILANT
WE MUST ALL, ALL ACT NOW AND TAKE THE FIGHT TO TWITTER, REDDIT AND TUMBLR
BRING LOGIC AND PROOF
AND IN GREAT NUMBES
IT IS NOW OR NEVER!!!
MAGA!!
BRITIAN FIRST!!
WE MUST NEVER SLACKEN!!
EXPOSE THE MONEY PRINTERS!!!

It's actually because they're in such dll hell that calling it windows 9 would break a bunch of shit.

Because of win 95.

More spying on everything you do.

Also
>Not using linux

Nigga i'm not serious SENPAI

Because many programs read "if version.startswith("windows 9") } /* 95 and 98 */ } else {

Basically if there was a windows 9 it would fuck any application for 95/98

I need them since people around here are fags and don't know about open source software which forces me to use their shit if I want a job.
Also fuck visual studio.

Something about the number 9 fucking up the code because of win 95 or 98

Read the privacy agreement. Win 10 is the most sophisticated personal gathering information tool ever devised - literally an uber spyware platform entrenched right down there in the operating system level. Instantly makes all forms of Doubleclick adware, among myriad others, obsolete. Even more effective as it will run on phones, your xbox etc tying all your personal media and device usage habits together.

Microsoft is competing with Google to be the ultimate vendor of target marketing information.

Read the Win 10 privacy agreement online, and see what the future holds for you sheeple.

I'd install gentoo if i was good tho

Because they want unfettered access to everything on your hard drive. That way they can sell your information to the highest bidder. Of course, they are also working in updates into Win7 so that it can do the same stuff, and Win8 could already do this. If you aren't checking every single update MS pushes out, to see what it does, you may as well upgrade to 10, as your box is already compromised.

The only alternative is to reinstall Windows, or to turn to Linux.

Don't fall for the bait, install gentoo.

Literally spyware OS

>rolling release distros
>autism
pick 2

Because it's their shiny new product you fucking moron

They're pushing the yearly SaaS model. They want you to get on a monthly or yearly plan like Office. Software companies are pushing hard against the permanent license model and pushing for a rental model.

Yeah bullshit. Any fucking coder would realize how fucking stupid that is.

Because it includes a store where they can sell you apps. Everything they do is geared towards commerce.

Never had an issue, but ok.

Because Microsoft are extremely embarrassed that they cannot count to 9 and it's all a distraction.

tell me more

Ok retard faggot I'm just relaying what microsoft's devs said

They are still in hell. But that hell is of their own making.

>mfw I actually use vista

Because it joins you to their domain so they have total control over your computer

Because its decent and managing a single decent OS is a lot easier than managing a whole environment of OSes, some decent, some shitty.

And the spying thing but w/e, if you're planning your terrorisms on anything fancier than pen and paper you're shaggy-ass tier and you'll always be shaggy-ass tier.

It could also be a marketing move

For a billionaire he's selling some pretty crappy products recently, don't you think? Most of the code is over twenty years old the only thing new is how obfusticated it is. the verification procedures, the forced-updates. they were his ideas.

>no one actually knows how any of this works

sounds like wh40k shit desu

>you have nothing to hide, what are you a terrorist?

And yet coders didn't plan for the fucking year 2000 because they only read the last two digits of the year. Most programmers only develop with only a couple years in mind and there's a lot of software developed with a lifecycle of less than 5 years still in circulation 20 years later.

How is the weather Bill?

Don't really have an answer for that, I spend my time just flying around and around the planet in a series of private jets, my feet haven't touched real ground in two years

Bill gates hasn't been involved in MS for ages.

They give away that which they cannot sell

They'll do anything to increase the userbase of their shitty appstore, hoping it will make them relevant in the smartphone and tablet market.

Don't forget about 32 bit epoch time limitations

2038 will be a fun year. 50% of the computers in my office are still 32 bit with no plans on changing

no. not really. when they wrote that code, it's likely they never anticipated windows going to a standard number format. at the time windows versions were based on the year it was released.

OP you know bill gates is married to a Jewish woman, don't you?

16 years.

What is that?

It's because even when you bring it up right now, programmers are like "well I'll probably not be working on this project so it's not my problem". I can't imagine the headache of transitioning some of these legacy systems let alone the fight against the costs the managers will put up. Even if you managed to greenlight the project it'd be fucking awful to do it.

>Why are they pushing Windows 10 so hard?

If you're actually serious about wanting to install a distro, ubuntu is a good start to learn more about that kind of thing.

The only real problems with rolling release distros like arch and gentoo are the constant system maintenance and how easily arch can break. You don't *have* to update that often, though.

Look at the picture I posted a bit earlier, they send data over the network.

Wouldn't they just read the kernel version number instead?

Because unlike linux or apple OS's which are lots of small programs, Windows pre 10 was one giant program that couldn't be upgraded in individual components.

By getting everyone to abandon the older operating systems, microsoft can now focus on updating only one more modular OS that can be updated piece meal continuously without even having to reboot the computer most of the time.

You do realize some of those are literally the OS figuring out if you're connected to the internet or not, right? You realize that fucking icon that turns into an X when you lose internet connection in the taskbar doesn't actually work on magic right?

Windows 8 isnt even that bad after they reverted back to the 7 desktop. Windows 10 has so much telemetry that it is ludicrous.

Brand it windows 9 and change the variable the line of code reads to Windows x9 or something.

>assuming its a single variable and not hard coded in 348753978539724097420987937397429270282907438 different places

They want to emulate the data mining and selling business model of Facebook and Google, but how can they do that when Windows is a static install on your hard drive? Make the OS spy on you.

It's literally malware and they want everyone onboard.

Is there any version of 10 that lets you disable all incoming updates?

Like all of you right? Was not that the reason you all have mutilated dicks?

afaik you need enterprise or pro edition to disable dat shiieeeeeettt

>tfw you realize windows never had anything to do with things on the desktop and everything to do with 'windows into your life'.

Yes I am aware of all this, this is just a small snippet of outbound connections the OS tries to make with servers to verify it is up to date, has the latests security patches, etc.

That said, it's realllllly likes to talk with MS, and it goes about trying establish through some interesting routes if you cut off its main connections

If you don't want to be completely watched, install a unix varient

I'm not sure but I left my computer on sleep for a week and then started it up to peruse my webms for awhile but it was like halfway through an update to Windows 10 that I never agreed to so I had to wait like 3 hours for it to revert back to normal and restore my windows 8.

>microsoft made me wait 3 hours to jerk off
>I will be buying Linux products from now on

I believe enterprise does. But you purchase a site license for that.

Honestly, anyone who knows anything about computers avoids Windows 8 and 10 like the plague. If Win10 ever becomes mainstream in business, it will be due to the fact that the owners, who know nothing about computers, mandated that it be installed over the objections of their IT dept.

Unless you are completely comfortable with MS viewing every last thing on your computer, and reporting anything illegal to the NSA, I have no idea why on earth anyone would willingly install it.

Lies, Melinda is Catholic born and raised

No, only enterprise lgbt allows it, and only partially. And that version cannot be acquired legally without batch purchasing it.

Well do you want your OS to be fucking responsive? We're in the day and age where OS's are starting to preload and buffer content you *might* be interested in so that page load times are near instantaneous. Can't win with you people, too many connections "oh no what's windows doing?" too few connections "windows is soooo slow wah wah".

>Be apprentice carpenter
>Installing furniture at a U of Michigan Engineering building
>Computers everywhere
>They're running a rather old Windows distro with all its bugs fixed, none of the machines are visibly running 10

key and voice logging, screenshots sent every 30 seconds, etc

This is why.

>Microsoft is part of NSA's mass surveillance program "PRISM":
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PRISM_(surveillance_program)

>Microsoft informs the NSA about bugs before fixing them:
archive.is/OBGB1

>Microsoft openly offeres cloud data to support PRISM:
archive.is/tW6fu

>Microsoft has backdoored its disk encryption:
archive.is/2XIvX
archive.is/qLRZx

>Windows snoops on the users' files, text input, voice input,
>location, contacts, calendar records and web browsing history,
>even after related settings are turned off:
archive.is/thsGd
archive.is/sz1nt
archive.is/g3QdQ
archive.is/ko469
archive.is/l6pmO
archive.is/zK93U

>Micrcrosoft automatically downloads Windows 10 on PCs running
>Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 (between 3.5GB and 6GB), even if
>users have not opted-in:
archive.is/CEvKh

>Windows 10 scans for illegal/pirated software:
archive.is/vhjwm
archive.is/2jehd
archive.is/KQsBh

>Microsoft proudly presents surveillance statistics:
archive.is/MB0Yy

> Over 82 billion photos viewed.
> Gamers spent over 4 billion hours playing PC games.
> 44.5 billion minutes/month spent in Microsoft Edge.
> Over 2.5 billion questions asked of Cortana since launch.
> Windows 10 now active on over 200 million devices.

>pic
kek

SWEDEN YE- NOOO!

Yeah, you're adding malware and spyware and the glorious bargain Indian coding ... TO MAKE IT FASTER. Yeah, no. Fuck off.

I have Linux Mint 17.3. No preloading, and it isn't slow as balls, either.

holy shit
fuck satya nutella

Does Win8 scan for piracy?

>mandated by know-nothing owners
And that right there is why anyone has ever heard of Windows, ladies and gentlemen. The only business model they ever had was to put a gun to your head.

Well if they were able to change it to 10 instead of 9 why cant they make it x9?

Or just call it windows 10 in code and make all the advertising say 9

To be entirely fair to MS, they started off with a great model. That model was made immediately obsolete with smart phones, however, and has been coasting on brand recognition ever since.

Yeah you just have no functionality, how nice. Mmmmm plain sandwiches every day, how tasty.

Sup Forums here
9 did exist as beta and the iso ia out there its pretty much 8.4
Also the most likely proble is that progrms check windows version. 9. Coul be mistaken by old programs ad think it was windows 95/98. And error out

Nah I just block all it's talk too ips and it still works just fine, no speed decrease at all

Just keep your firewall in check and it'll be alright, but still, run linux if you're not a scrub

I know, Bill Gates died last year.

It functions perfectly fine for what I use a computer for.

Because jews need their new tracking info and the previous versions werent advanced enough

Linux really can do most things.

-Manchild CS student running Xubuntu

underrated

No one using Linux gets laid ever tbqh

hipster using Mac here

I didn't say that. Specialty programs aren't available on Linux, and likely never will be. That said, I would guess that about 80 percent of computers could switch to a user-friendly version of Linux and be perfectly fine with it within a day or two (took me longer to get used to MS Office's ribbon shit).

There is tons of specialty programs that don't work in non-unix environments too. Moreover, wine exists.

Wine is an absolute whore to get working properly. I understand why not many businesses can be assed with it.

>vista
>bad
Talk about a fucking normie bandwagon meme.

What up my Mint 17.3 nigga?

You run MATE or Cinnamon?

Cinnamon.

>wine program_name
>hard
>an absolute whore to get working properly

It really isn't once you get used to it.