/prod/ - Music Production General

mits is a huge fag edition.

Upload WIPs on clyp.it/

GIVE feedback and RECEIVE feedback.

>ATTENTION!
DON'T post Soundcloud, YouTube, or any other links where you are not anonymous (unless somebody asks you for it). That's considered self promotion and will result in bad feedback.

RESOURCES:

Sound Design:

>SeamlessR (in-depth music production and sound design tutorials, based on FL Studio)
youtube.com/user/SeamlessR

>Rocket Powered Sound (Constant quality uploads of various EDM sounds in Serum with explanations that help make something unique)
youtube.com/channel/UCFReVt5TAC1zGnuNkgHw-fg

>Syntorial (widely considered the best place to go to learn synthesis)
syntorial.com/

>Mr. Bill (Ableton based, some of the best sound design tutorials on the planet. Aimed more towards IDM-type stuff. He also posts his music here)
youtube.com/user/MrBillsTunes

>BusyWorksBeats (explains hip hop in very elaborate ways in FL Studio)
youtube.com/user/busyworksbeats

>Sadowick (explains old school electronic music in very elaborate ways in Ableton)
youtube.com/user/SadowickProduction

>ADSR Music Production Tutorials
youtube.com/channel/UCf5UKh_cj2_5pUomhyswWYQ

MIXING:

>Point Blank Music School
youtube.com/channel/UCIWNozFjO8yVdJFsGKVmPgg

>Pensado's Place
youtube.com/user/PensadosPlace

>Samori Coles (Compression, EQ, etc)
youtube.com/user/homestudiotutor/videos

>Modern Mixing
youtube.com/user/ModernMixing/videos

FL STUDIO:

>WarBeats (Getting comfortable in FL Studio)
youtube.com/user/nfxbeats/videos

>Image Line Tutorials
youtube.com/user/imageline/playlists

WRITING:

>12tone
youtube.com/channel/UCTUtqcDkzw7bisadh6AOx5w/playlists

>Micheal New
youtube.com/user/Rhaptapsody/playlists

---
if you were kicked from the discord server due to someone's humongous faggotry:
discord.me/prodthread

Other urls found in this thread:

clyp.it/tpijb40v
youtube.com/watch?v=hji_5lhT2RU
clyp.it/ng1lrgln
clyp.it/wi4grtdx
clyp.it/5w4wry1l
clyp.it/zrviejfr
clyp.it/e5g2qbei
m.soundcloud.com/user-812292447/technohum
clyp.it/q0nl50mi
soundcloud.com/hambling/oh-babes-harsh-truthz-1?in=hambling/sets/oh-babes-harsh-truthz-slow02
clyp.it/kfc4pewu
vocaroo.com/i/s16SgCZ1FnFl
clyp.it/3wjj4rt5
clyp.it/mesohj0o
clyp.it/w5r1cro5
clyp.it/5muo03oh
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

all it takes to bring down a decent community is one tranny butt. god damn.

whos the best poster on discord?

kyle marlo

mits desu

Thoughts or crituiqes? It's intentionally lofi so lot's of distortion, compression, and highs cut out with EQ. Any suggestions for lofi mixing? Made with MS20, Virus access KB, and Monologue.

clyp.it/tpijb40v

What's the best VST and Hardware for Trance?

i liked it desu

the same as any other genre retard

They are all suitable for any genre. But if I had to answer this question I'd say Nexus. Has some good trance presets.

buy yourself a roland tr 909 it's the only way

are condenser mics useable at a bedroom setting?

i'm gonna record a cover of this song. does anybody have an idea of changing something of its structure? or even something that's not the structure.
youtube.com/watch?v=hji_5lhT2RU

prod rip

yes, though I usually recommend SM7Bs

I hear this every year, yet it's still around.

clyp.it/ng1lrgln

BIGGEST D

Was trying to bump before it died

Is it possible to create "real" music with the ipad? I'm talking about full songs that doesn't sound like shit. Especially thinking of getting it together with the Korg Gadget.

As of now, no.

What DAW do you use /prod/ and why?
I use Ableton because I make music with instruments and the live functions are great

Because the sound of synth and drums isn't authentic enough?
From what I know, you can even connect it to midi keyboards.

>i'm you, but stronger

I use Renoise because it's cheap, tracker interface is faster than a normal piano roll since everything is values, running linux, and autistic.

reaper because it's just what i need

bounce between Bitwig and Ableton

does someone use bitwig? a friend showed it to me today and it seems to be the best thing out there

Semi-luddite here, is it just me or is Renoise a nightmare to use? I'd like to look into a simpler DAW, but I'm on linux and hesitant to fiddle with torrents+cracks+wine

good thing I just sold my minilogue

I'm not on the discord, anyone care to fill me in on what happened?

A thot destroyed it

Renoise is all I used and i think it's 10 times simpler than regular DAWs.

Is it lazy for me to just use the arpegiated presets on Korg wavestation and jam over the top?

I just really dig the sound.

a man had to do what a man had to do

not at all.

As long as you're reaching the expression you seek in your music, it's all gravy.

Plus, it's better to write with presets then sound design later.

Now with a digital osc, full size keys, wood sides and more voices for 3X the price. yay.

I'm gonna sell all of my hardware synths and buy a saxophone even though IDK how to play.

>I HEARD THAT YOU AND YOUR BAND

3x the price? Just get a Sub 37

>Plus, it's better to write with presets then sound design later.
for certain kinds of music

in general, not really

is it worth it?

no. just use samples

What are the 8 most important things to have assigned to knobs?

going on two weeks now ive been making nothing but hour long improvised drone jams. I have no idea how to edit them down or add to them and i'm running out of ways to make the drones sound interesting. What should i do?

arrange them into a single composition by taking interesting excerpts and collaging them together, add overdubs as necessary to make it more interesting

I did something like that once when I used to make electronic jams but idk if i can with these because of the long duration's over which they change gradually. Maybe i could do long ass cross-fades but idk. Maybe ill try uploading some to clypit but they probably will be too big even as mp3s

clyp.it/wi4grtdx

>muh headphones broke

shit obviously sounds like phet mush in the corner store earbuds i bought

can someone give me an idea how it's sounding on something worth more than twelve dollars?

i got you bro. sounds like youre gonna want to add between 15 and 25 more db of compression over the whole thing. probably at least 20.

lmao bruh..not quite there yet

i mean like how balanced are the elements in the mix?

not that that was bad advice or anything. still gonna keep it in mind for sure

I didnt listen to it. I thought 20 db of compression would be some generic dumb advice, but go ahead and squash your mix. fuck off you little person

it wasn't bad advice cuz the shit is pretty quiet because i'm not gain staging on earbuds i bought yesterday

>fuck off you little person

bet i make better music than u senpai

if u gonna talk shit u gotta post clyp

btw you're the worst type of person, but you already know this

clyp.it/5w4wry1l

oh man its looking like banger season boys

clyp.it/zrviejfr

It read that the digital osc can load custom programs + wavetables, the effects can also load custom programs, too bad they didn't add microtuning.

Some pretty boring ambient. Nothing stands out to me. Not the guy you're responding to.

not actually idab just forgot to remove that oops

post your music hot shot

wondagurl inspired? i love this sub-genre of beats, sounds great m8

lol i'm not gonna upload patches to a hardware synth

Thanks man. I’ve been listening to Jack Huncho a lot I think that’s where it got inspired from

I already did

What is the difference between SP-808ex and SP-808

They look the same besides the color, but one says groove box, the other say e-mixer

clyp.it/e5g2qbei
blast me

sounds like cliche bullshit

bomb

got me

Okay I'm not anonymous and I'm a faggot for doing this, but I honestly don't want to reupload just for posting on this thread.

m.soundcloud.com/user-812292447/technohum

What do you think

Reuploading takes 30 seconds. If you can't take the time to do that I'm not taking 5 minutes to critique your shit. This isn't a shill thread.

sounds like shit retard

So far in this thread
>discord drama reference
>hotheads talking shit
>really bad mixing advice/misuse of terms
>responseless clyps

So glad i stopped posting here tbqhwyf that's an extra half hour a day for actually producing :^)

lamo this was 5 months ago, what have you been doing sitting on your daddies' dick? (not a misspelling it's pural dads).

It honestly the best track I've ever heard...NOT! It's shit. you should feel like shit. fuck you.

I'm trying to use my BOSS ME25 to add effects on something I recorded on Ableton. I just have a simple DI (UR22) and I'm meeting two problems: I'm not sure the sound quality is optimal (well...) and every sound signal coming from my computer goes through the pedal (which greatly limits the things I can do).

So I was wondering, is there a good way to use hardware pedal on a DAW with limited gear?

you need a reamp.

Studio headphone recommendations below $100?

Senny HD202

Yes. Gadget is very good also has Cubasis which is a very capable cut down version of cubase.

Currently just using a ipad mini and running garageband and iM1 and iwavestation.

Does everything i need.

>reamp
I'm not sure it will help me. Isn't it something people use to work on guitar sounds?

A USB audio interface would be better, you can just set that as the output for your DAW and the other sounds will still run through your computers sound card.

Yes, I thought about it, but I think Ableton only allows me to chose one source for the input/output (either the soundcar or my USB interface).

clyp.it/q0nl50mi

u enter the rythmic movement location
feel this underground soundscape
what do?

anyone know how to make the synth chord sound at 4:03?

soundcloud.com/hambling/oh-babes-harsh-truthz-1?in=hambling/sets/oh-babes-harsh-truthz-slow02

Isn't it just detuned saws with phaser

ok, i've been recording in ableton for years and its always worked but been kind of slow. i bought a new ryzen 5 a few month ago and thought itd make a huge difference but its pretty much the same. why does exporting a track take 10 minutes with an SSD, decent processor, and minimal audio processing? task manager usually shows 2 cores getting up to ~40% and the rest hovering around 9% usage.

also do enough VSTs support 64bit that i can finally change over without worry?

Any metalfag producers in here?

clyp.it/kfc4pewu

>(progressive) melodic death metal
>10 min

Would love comments on the production/mixing. If you have anything to say about the song too that's also appreciated.

I did something, recorded it the dumbest way possible though. Feels good.
What can I read/watch about beatmaking?

vocaroo.com/i/s16SgCZ1FnFl
Forgot the link

I want late 80s, early 90s cheesy synthesizers, virtual instruments and drums. Any free VSTs?
So far I have TAL-BassLine and Sylenth1.

try to get a cracked copy of Korg M1 or just use Vexed.

TyrellN6

Interesting. How are you adjusting the rate on that sequence?

I like it. The plucked/guitar sound is a bit static, though

Thanks

Just got it, pretty awesome so far

Helps to run things through multi effects like excalibur or megaphone vsts

Some bits in your clyp need eqing like the end is too bassy or something

I meant to say speakerphone vst

Can someone give me some opinions on this? I just started with FL, so it's not the best thing ever.
clyp.it/3wjj4rt5
clyp.it/mesohj0o
clyp.it/w5r1cro5
clyp.it/5muo03oh