Has anybody else every actually communicated with a famous musical artists?

Has anybody else every actually communicated with a famous musical artists?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=P_8INf4SKmc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Does Viper count as famous?

God no - it's cringe enough hearing interviews with people whose music I like, the last thing I want to do is ruin things entirely by directly interacting with them

i had a conversation with trent reznor on Sup Forums one time (maybe)

Yes, I produce music for famous rappers.

Does Kanye count? I saw him at a grocery store in Los Angeles and few years back. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.
He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”
I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.
The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.
When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

I gave Jon Bon Jovi a blow job, does that count?

haha le funny 2011 pasta is funny xD

I used to chat with Scott Reeder on FB because I called him famous on a comment in highschool and he responded basically saying "nah I'm just a dude, I run this page." He always posted comfy pics of his ranch and puppers.

I shook Big Freedia's hand in an elevator.

who the fuck is that?

Got into a twitter debate with the industry plant over why the Vegas shooter wasn't called a terroist

Death Grips told me to fuck off once

i've told will to stop shilling his albums countless times. kid made it so it counts.

you deserved it. you said they were annoying and spoke on behalf of /dg/, twat.

yes.story?

I met Sean Bonette and Ben Gallaty last month. I asked them if they liked minecraft and I gave a fidget spinner to a girl who was playing with the opening band.

I mean, I've sent people messages to artists before, got one from Justin Trosper because I asked what the sample at the beginning of the Nocturnal Habit's song "Back to Snowdonia". Didn't realize that he was from Unwound until a bit later. Got a smiley from Jinsang because I said I like his stuff. The other responses I'm pretty sure were automated.

Well it wasn't me, a friend at school got his phone number from twitter or facebook. He tried calling but he said he could only text. They texted for a while and Viper tried to sell him a signed album for $20 through mail and paypal. That's all I know, was pretty amusing.

I talked to Jeff Rosenstock for a bit after he played at my school last year. My friend helped book him and apparently the only things on his tour rider were a slice of weed, six decent-quality beers, and six shitty ones. He's an A+ dude.

No but you can talk to most non-superstar artists in facebook chat.
I like to give one a nice word about their music from time to time, they really appreciate it :)

Ted Nugent is awesome. If I could spend a day with any musician it would be him.

My uncle owns a media company and has a lot of ties to the music industry going back to the 80s so he's met tons of famous musicians. He's pretty much told me that he will never give me a job. He's a douche.

Mike Mills from REM and Peter Hook from New Order and Joy Division both have replied to me on Twitter before.

Bounce artist from the 90s

Video with Vox (actually not too liberal) on how a song brought NOB to the mainstream:
m.youtube.com/watch?v=P_8INf4SKmc

I have directly conversated with Phil Elverum on multiple occasions (through email)

Why, what the fuck is his problem? Can't you just find a list of his contacts and go around your bitchass uncle?

I met Miranda Cosgrove back when she was relevant.

(smaerd ni)I have hold hands with Claire Boucher.

did he buy it

Earworm is a good series. Pretty entry level but still informative

Ewww a fucking tranny. I'd never listen to fag music, except Queen.

No.

He just says I don't have "it" and that "it" isn't something you can learn, and he thinks I'm more suited for my career path. Of course he hired all the nephews on his wife's side because they're chads.

The job involves a lot of drinking and partying and socializing/networking and I guess I'm not cool enough to do that with him. too autist

LOL same.

viper is my only follower on twitter

I am good friends with Flosstrodamus, Weekend Nachos, Zola Jesus, Das Racist, Yacht, Cool Kids, and Acid Mother's Temple.

>He just says I don't have "it" and that "it" isn't something you can learn
This is true

Ayy you're right, I worded it shittily and sent them another tweet. Still think the Death Grips is online stuff is boring.

No, but I did get noticed by a famous YouTuber.

What a faggot. Kill Him but do it in such a way that one of his music industry ties looks like they could have done it.

lead singer of you blew it!
lead singer for thermals.

Detail the Thermals one, I like them.

Anybody ever talked to Stefan or Zach?

oh that was just fb i messaged them about how i love their music but i got a damaged shirt and they sent me a new one he was real nice about it and now i have a parcel on my wall that says the thermals and their address on it.

How famous are we talking? I talked to John Clardy from Tera Melos after a show once about stretches and Wim Hof breathing and playing drums. Pretty chill dude.
I also talked to Teri Gender-Bender from Le Butcherettes once but I don't really remember what about.
A lot of underground/slightly underground artists are pretty okay with talking to fans after shows as long as you're not being an asshole.

They seem like the kind of fellas to be into minecraft and fidget spinners desu

I sincerely would like ted nugent to get mauled to death by a pack of dogs

should i see acid mothers temple in april

i was in one of the videos in filthy frank's last chin chin sacrifice
lol it was fun
does that count

Yeah, dude. They're really fun to watch

cool thanks

starfucker followed my twitter before I deleted it, so did jonwayne.

Spoke to Michael Gira post gig, was a very extroverted individual.

I remember that thread

why the fuck did you give Rumours a 0.5?

Back in the day I hung out with Marilyn Manson.

I recently tried like hell to get in touch with the guy from Conduit Closing, but as Missteps III has kind of taken over the dark electronic landscape, good luck.

I saw even Trent Reznor's camp attempted to reach out to him. Silence. Weird guy from social media presence too.

Did you read the review?

Are you Dan "the man in the van" Schneider?

Yes I did you fuckin pleb

I met Robert Aflons of TR/ST after a gig of his. He was standing alone by the bar and I stared at him for a bit. Then I went over and sperged all over him (I don't even remember what I said). I could see the fear in his eyes.

Embarrassing encounter desu.

>calls me a Pleb
>likes Fleetwood Mac
Okay. I'll let you win. Here's your (You).

I Paloma Faith in her underwear backstage once and Josh Tillman held the door open for me before one of his gigs back in 2012. Do they count?

I met Weird Al in 5th grade. He came to my town when my mom was a local news anchor. She interviewed him and he gave her backstage passes. I was a huge fan at the time.

cringe

stories.
Im choosing to believe

please post pics

>Montgomery County Community College

Marshall Mathers once paid 50 Tokens to see my tight little butthole on Chaturbate. Does that count?

I texted Viper once and he just replies with PayPal info to buy a tape

Tom Morello, Dave Navarro and Scott Page (Floyd's sax player during the Gilmour era) have replied to me on twitter.

Here's the post that Ted Nugent liked, what a piece of shit.

What the fuck is wrong with you? I haven't done anything to you.

LOOK AT THIS DOOD

That's an old photo. I can post some better ones on here if you'd like.

go ahead

I'm not a cuck tho

>posts an image of a numale
erm

Wow, what a nice rebuttal, OP. You sure disproved Stu's claims with your complete non-argument. All hail daddy Trump

My dad gets Christmas cards from Dave Gilmour.

I'm not a numale though. KEK. Believe me
I was trying to make an earnest thread, don't make it political.

>I'm not a numale though. KEK. Believe me
yeah you're redpilled as fuck bro Ted Nugent is your man XDDDDD lol 9gag!!!!

No, he's not. I just didn't expect him to like my post, thus starting my idea for the thread. Once again, don't make it political. I dislike internet political discussions, I prefer face to face, that way I can break your commie jaw.

Mike kinsella told me to fuck off

Please tell the story

>I prefer face to face, that way I can break your commie jaw.
dude you're redpilled as fuck!!!!!

Nice one, Chris.

nice

It wasn't a good one, I was just making a little jab at the guy. Do I know you?
You're trying too hard.

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you fucking kulak? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the The People's Commissariat for Internal Affairs, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Batista's cuban government, and I have over 410757864530 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire USSR armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet you ass munching fascist? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the world and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, whitey. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kulak. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred thousand ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the Soviet Navy and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the earth, you little shit eating fascist insect. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn nazi. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kulak.

Asked him to stop posting political statements on his page, then after he responded like that I said l his last record was trash and he sucks live

>You're trying too hard.
You literally just said "I prefer face to face, that way I can break your commie jaw." You are a retard. Have fun at your community college, Christian.

LOOK AT THE TOP OF HIS HEAD

>posting a picture at that angle
how about you stop trying to cover up your ugliness?

I talked with Phil Elverum he is nice

Nothing wrong with going to community college and transfer to a university to finish your degree.

sure, if you already did well in high school. that is very rarely the case.

i met Piero Pelu', he gave me some beer and a blow job

I've talked to Phil Elverum and he's possibly the nicest person I've ever talked to

Famous? No, but I've had a few email exchanges with Jason Webley. His fanbase is probably somewhere in the ten-thousands globally.

My hair isn't receding if that's your implication.

I'm not having fun, I'm stuck with retards. I'm almost out and I'm fairly successful at what I aim to do in life.

What a very liberal thing to say, attack people on how they look. UMMM aren't you supposed to be the protecter of we, People of Color.

That's the goal

I'm doing this because I can't afford a university and I'm not going to put myself in debt for my degree.

Will Toledo from Car Seat Headrest responded to my tweet