What does Sup Forums think of Azealia Banks?

What does Sup Forums think of Azealia Banks?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0oM_9ca8hxE
youtube.com/watch?v=lzU8gO82uPI
youtube.com/watch?v=CR3305H6Xgs
youtube.com/watch?v=kZcuWCfIyl8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What do people think of Azelia Banks? I've been digging her 1991 EP lately

a very talented headcase

damn that's a throwback

She’s definitely emotional and borderline psychotic with a generous dash of multiple mental illnesses, but she makes decent music and I’d still hit it.

nothing i have never thought about her before what does she do?

Better rapper than Minaj, but squandered her talent by making everyone in the industry hate her. 212 is one of the seminal songs of the 2010s. Her other music is pretty good, if a little reliant on the formula she created on 212. She made the mistake of that being her breakout song, and it's probably the best one she'll ever make.

Goya for me is a great artist due to his imagination and in part his obvious long suffering nature. Spanish art such as Zurbaran, Ribiera and the other bandits of Spain realises the element of horror at the consideration of the holy that the Italian schools lacked. Certainly the mannerists and the baroque are of heightened interest to anyone that enjoys the Romantic. Meanwhile the island of England did nothing and it is this total lack that confounds me.

212 is one of the worst songs I've ever fucking heard. I don't get the appeal at all.

Azealia Banks is the best female rapper alive, and possibly the best ever.

The fact that hip hop does not realize this fact is one of the reasons it will never be respected as a serious genre like rock, jazz or soul. Those genres had controversial personalities, but their art was always respected and appreciated on its own merit

Female rappers are only allowed to succeed in hip hop if they make themselves look as white as possible, and talk about their fake tits and fake asses and twerk (Iggy, Nicki, Cardi B). Even though they have talent, hip hop only accepts light skin girls with white girl hair weaves who rap about stripping and being whores, and dress like prostitutes

Azealia Banks is a true artist. She has the technique, the bars, the artistic concepts, she makes creative videos. Her music is her own style, and draws on her unique influences, aiming at EDM/house rap with 90s nostalgia elements

People will say Remy Ma is a better technical rapper, maybe she is, but who cares? She does nothing creative or inspired or artistically important. A diss track is not music. How good you are at phrasing insults you say in a song is not music

The fact that Azealia Banks is not considered the best female in the game is the biggest indictment of hip hop, which is already a joke culture (e.g. will tell people to "stay woke" about police violence and self pityingly, petulantly call black people "king" and "god", but in the same breath will glorify gun and gang violence which kills exponentially more blacks every year then police violence and more than all lynchings in history combined)

Anyone who doesn't agree, watch this whole video and how it progresses musically and visually

youtube.com/watch?v=0oM_9ca8hxE

Tell me a better or more artistically important female rapper today

You simply can't

Bump

This applies to MIA too, to some extent. She predated the whole industrial hip hop boom with internet aesthetics with MAYA, still doesn't get credit for it.

Mental Health in the black community needs to be taken seriously.

Bump

> if they make themselves look as white as possible, and talk about their fake tits and fake asses and twerk
Hold on there chap.

Post her body of work

Stop doing so many drugs.

TWISTED

F U C K I N '

PSYCHOPATH

She clearly has BPD and will most likely commit suicide within the next 3 years over some trivial slight and nothing of value will be lost.

Literally/ourgirl/

Is she Nina Simone of our generation?

She had so much potential and loved her shit right off the bat but then crazy

I think black men and white men can come together and agree.

Women are bad at music and are only good for fucking

Dude what if i rap over house and uk garage tunes lmao

big facts.

youtube.com/watch?v=lzU8gO82uPI

Her best songs are the ones where she spits fire over Lone tracks.
Really makes you think.

How would you know they're good for fuckong?

why do ppl respect her so much

hasn't she said a lot of weird shit on twitter

Never listened to her but I'm insanely attracted to her.

This

she's like the outkast of female hiphop

unironically best since missy elliot

>Azealia Banks is the best female rapper alive, and possibly the best ever.

idk
pic related

youtube.com/watch?v=CR3305H6Xgs
noname > every other female rapper

rapsody is pretty good although she raps like kendrick lamar

M.I.A. is criminally underrated.
Even though her last album was shite, she still deserves more credit

album produced by pharrell williams when?

M.I.A. is very underrated and no one has been able to even come close to her in terms of production choices, verses and hooks, and lyrics.

She's probably one of the best MC's period from her era.

Unfortunately she fell off shortly after MAYA. Probably because she was feuding with Diplo who was an internet darling at the time. I'll never forget her flipping off the camera at the super bowl.

this is why I stopped listening to hip-hop

Goddamn. That was very pleasantly surprising.

Could you imagine how far her career could go if she wasn't boreline insane

She was probably going to take M.I.A.'s throne but who even knows.

I'm not even sure why Broke With Expensive Taste was panned so hard.

>In response to the Bill Cosby sexual assault allegations, she tweeted "them bitches frontin' like they wasn't trying to get some of that pudding pop!!!!"[79] "No longer could we laugh off her behavior", Vulture observed later.[80]
This will never not make me laugh

>"No longer could we laugh off her behavior"

But that's exactly what everyone else did. She's fucking hilarious and doesn't give a shit. She's also obviously very mentally unstable. That's just another unfortunate part of celebrity culture and Twitter and shit. Can't hide.

212 was literally fucking FIRE

then she just fucking lost it

Azealia Banks?
I just wanna tell ya "Thanks!"

youtube.com/watch?v=kZcuWCfIyl8
supreme qt

Don't just post an image like it confers respect because she's a bigger "name". Post an example of Missy Elliot rapping better or doing something artistically above Azealia banks. You simply cannot

Old music =\= better music

>"CAN YOU WORK IT, IT LET ME WORK IT, LET ME HURR DURR DURR AND REVERSE IT"

Fuck off pleb

The fact that you even posted that as an argument shows you haven't even listened to Azealia Banks

You exposed yourself, now leave

Damn, I never really gave her a chance after all the twitter beef, but unless this thread is just infested with shills I might have to check her out.