Why didn't they intensify forward firepower?

Why didn't they intensify forward firepower?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IKxzI4LuNSU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Too late

*ALARM SOUND*

That guy is MVP for that death barrel roll!

I always hated this scene even more than Ewoks. It's completely retarded.

Why does it instantly drop out of the sky just because a tiny fighter crashed into the deck?

The entire ship is taken out from a fighter flying into the bridge, why don't the rebels build droid piloted kamikaze fighters that can take any star destroyer

Bullshit answer? The Death Star 2 was so large it would have its own gravitational force and with the bridge being destroyed there was nobody left to stabilise the ship

Real answer? It just looked cool on the drawing board

>there was nobody left to stabilise the ship
This is a ship the size of a major city, I'd just like to point out.

The bridge is usually shielded

Although many of the alliance members are former separatists, the droid factories were destroyed during the clone wars.

Still needs a bridge though right?

IT'S A MOVIE

Couldn't an astro droid like R2 pilot them

They could, but the rebel pilots union contract explicitly requires one human pilot per craft. The droids do a better job, but they don't have contracts.

Pretty fucking retarded to think that a ship that size with literally hundreds of thousands of crew relies on a couple of people sitting in one room to keep it afloat.

>what is a metaphor

Okay, now imagine a submarine and its bridge being taken out, same result.

>space combat
>in zero gravity
>the star destroy's bridge being destroyed makes it "sink" like a boat in the water

Why does a space ship need to "keep afloat". they're in space. If something happened that stopped the ship from working, it would just stay still or coast at the velocity it's currently traveling. It wouldn't suddenly tip over and "fall"

>massive amount of gravity from planet plus Death Star

Headcanon is that when Ackbar orders the entire fleet to concentrate fire on the Executor, they manage to weaken its shields enough to let the fighters in - which then leads to the fluke of a kamikaze run into the bridge.

>In orbit
>Zero gravity

What do you think keeps you on this planet genius?

If that giant flagship of the Empire could have been so easily destroyed from a single ship crashing into it, why didnt they all shoot towards it and/or fly into it themselves?

Well why does the propulsion just stop when a fighter crashed into the bridge? Wouldn't there be some kind of fucking failsafe or automated system to prevent this massively important and expensive ship from being rendered completely helpless? These ships appear in orbit around planets fairly frequently, so they surely had to be built with these concerns in mind.

>what is gravitation pull

Do you think anyone made it off safely?

maybe it's a metaphor for the film industry

Do you think the rebels felt bad about killing literally millions of construction workers and other non-combat personnel when they blew up the incomplete second death star?

they were building a weapon that would've killed millions more

I don't like how easily the Empire is taken out in all of these movies, just destroys any credibility of them EVER being a threat

It's like pic related every single time

>non-combat personnel

Literally not an excuse, it's like saying "I was just following orders!" after executing women and children and expected to not be shot for war crimes.

>implying the death star is large enough to have that sort of gravitational pull

And if that were the case, then everyone in the docking bays would be flung to the side because they're not standing perpendicular to the center of the station.

The rebels are terrorists.

Am I the only one who thinks the Executor looks dumb with that tiny Star Destroyer-sized bridge?
It should have a bridge, but just proportionally sized.to the rest of it. Like with big ol' shield generator thingies.

I know it's a movie but I remember the Rebels succeeding in destroying the shields to the Executor (the blown up tanks on top of the bridge) and it was the reason why that one pilot Allahu Ackhbar'd into the bridge so easily.

>but just proportionally sized

Jesus no, could you imagine?

Am i the only one that was hugely disappointed with the way the super star destroyer exploded when it crashes into the death star?

To me it was always the only thing in the entire battle that.looked super fake. To me the explision at impact looks like some Tonka Toy being lit on fire by a Bic lighter.

Then I was doubly disappointed when the failed to fix it in the special editions. I mean of all the things they had to fuck with and fix in the OT and they couldn't fix that?

if a Submarine were a large as a city it would have several bridges

It's shitty for sure, but its the cheesy old-school kind of shitty. I like it. It reminds me that im watching a campy space-opera and not a by the numbers sci-fi flick.

the death star has its own gravity well

You don't know that, you will never know that

Then why don't people in the docking bays fall toward the inner wall?

It would be much gravity, not enough to overpower artificial gravity I suppose

>you don't know that people would be reasonable when designing something

Let's not bother talking about anything that doesn't exist then

I would assume that it takes at least a few seconds for power in a starship like that to reroute, and they didn't have enough time.

My real problem with the scene is that the A-Wing fighters just blow up the bridge shield generator like it's nothing when other times lasers just get absorbed with no damage.

If its the case that that particular piece of equipment was that vulnerable then there is no reason why it should not be housed within the ship itself and not out in the open to enemy fire.

The real question is:
How the fuck everybody walks in the ships as if there is some gravity? When you are in orbit (freefall) or far in deep space there is no noticeable gravitational pull. Kubrick's 2001 A Space Odissey had an interesting way of generating a gravitational field by rotating the space station around an axis, thus producing an inertial centrifugal (pseudo-)force. Now, SW spacestations and ships are totally non-sensical. people should be floating all around, or at least the gravity should be tiny.

The star ship didn't have multiple bridges so your point is pretty moot. Once the bridge was destroyed the star ship lost whatever power kept it from destabilized and gravity pulled it into the death star. If you have a problem with the ship only have one bridge I'd suggest you work on your autism.

Very east thing to grasp.

Ships we already have can be controlled from engine room. Military ships have a secondary bridge under the deck in case something like this happens.

You would guess a ship the size of a city would have those too.

>what is artificial gravity
Come on user. Very staple of sci-fi ships.

No longer canon

HIS NAME IS ARVEL CRYNYD!

HE WAS A HERO, AND NO ONE KNOWS HIS NAME! WELL BY THE FORCE, I WILL MAKE SURE THAT NO ONE EVER FORGETS THE NAME OF ARVEL CRYNYD, ACE A-WING PILOT!!!

I'm sure that Seth Green knows the name of Arvel Crynyd. I was never crazy about Robot Chicken but I've seen enough of that show to know that the writers damn well know their Star Wars.

It's the fucking future, if they have hover cars and speeder bikes and giant death stars, they sure as fuck can generate artificial gravity.

The original point was

>pretty fucking retarded to think that a ship that size with literally hundreds of thousands of crew relies on a couple of people sitting in one room to keep it afloat.

aka whether or not the whole situation was stupid or not

which it is

Then why does the super star destroyer fall so quickly into the death star?

Just as stupid as the AT-AT having legs. It's sci-fi, get over it.

>arvel crynyd
the eternal welshman strikes again

The empire is know for constructing huge prestige weapons with poor design.

They probably didn't have any automatic backup systems if the bridge got taken out and the ship just got out of control.

>Ship the size of a city
>put the bridge on a conveniently elevated platform
>not in the interior of the city sized ship

somebody gets this guy out of here, he's a mad man

>multi billion dollar aircraft carrier
>put the bridge on a conveniently elevated platform
>not in the interior of the ship

Feel silly yet?

An aircraft carrier is not a front-line combat vessel though.

There was a secret rebel spy aboard who turned off the shields and died in the process. You need to watch

Rogue Spy: A Star Wars Tale

Coming 2018

But it's shifty by the standards of the movie. It really stands out even in the context of that time period.

To me it always felt like they wasted a golden opportunity to do something spectacular.

Aircraft carriers are going head to head with enemy ships, you moron.

Yes we do. That is literally how large ships are designed. For this specific reason.

No they don't. Aircraft carriers do not engage in naval battle.

>only one of the shield balls was even destroyed
Why the fuck was that enough to knock out the ship's shields? Surely the point of having two shield balls is that destroyed one isn't enough, and that the other will serve as a backup?

Aircraft carriers have backup bridges inside the ship and can be controlled from the engine room.

I always assumed that the fighter crashing into the bridge just fucked up the controls and caused it to spiral out of control

Not him but we don't have sensors.

my bad. Meant to say *aren't

You get what I mean.

Except they have a secondary bridge under the deck.

Maybe it's just a really huge ship so 1 isn't enough to cover it. But either way, the rebels had been firing at the Executor from close range for a while. It was probably enough to weaken the shields enough to let a small fighter hit the bridge.

Umm... the whole reason they're fighting is not to die?

Destroyers are the same and they fight ships.

Is--is it going to tip over???

DIE DICKHEADS

>record scratch

He didn't bypass the character development

Are you a retard? They destroyed the engine which caused it to start falling, then pushed it with the smaller ship so it fell onto the other one.

It wasn't destroyed that easily. The entire rebel fleet had been firing at it from close range for a while.

>Lando (early in the battle, shortly after the Death Star destroys a rebel ship): "Yes, I said closer, get as close to the Star Destroyers as you can and engage them at point blank range"
>Ackbar (later in the battle): "concentrate all firepower on that Super Star Destroyer"

Kind of like the whole "straw that broke the camel's back" thing. Lucas could have shown the audience every ship shooting at the ship for like 10 minutes straight, but that would have been boring and probably tough/expensive to do with the CGI available at the time.

Are you fucking serious? It's the size of a fucking moon. You're such an asshat.

i see what you did there

Is this a joke about that scene from Rogue One, or do you really think this?

Destroyers have a combat bridge deep under navigational bridge.

Okay, so why doesn't everyone in the death star fall to the center? They're walking perpendicular to the direction gravity should be pulling them.

Also, just because it's the size of a small moon doesn't mean it weighs as much as a small moon. the structure is not solid. Most of the physical space is just air or vacuum.

Destroying the bridge damaged control functions without outright disabling them, the engines are now receiving a constant signal commanding them to turn the ship.

You'd think that a futuristic vessel would have a "don't fucking crash into the moon-sized space station" sensor.

HAHAHAAHAHAHA
I THOUGHT YOU WERE SERIOUS FOR A MOMENT

Even primitive-ass galatica was way better designed than shitty star wars ships.

>bridge (cic) in the most armored section of the ship, no stupid-ass windows

>pic- if cic went down, they still have aux dmg controls and weapon controls

>...to be continued meme music starts playing

>ay watch yo A-wing bro. Watch yo wing WATCHYOWING

HOLY FUCK did any of you guys bitching about deflector shields even watch the goddamn movie?
Right before the meme line a bridge crewman tells Admiral Piett that they've lost the bridge deflector shield.
youtube.com/watch?v=IKxzI4LuNSU

The bridge probably has the authority to override safety features.

That doesn't diminish the fact that it's still fucking retarded to have one tiny in the most exposed part of the city-ship as the only way to control the entire damn thing.

>cgi