How do you guys feel about the greatest album of all time?

how do you guys feel about the greatest album of all time?

Mount Eerie is so superior you plebian.

I personally enjoyed Supernatural by Santana. Why'd you post that trash though?

Its really not. Mount Eerie is the very obvious "cool answer" because its more immediately conceptual and easier to consume (bar the 17 minute intro). the Glow, Pt 2 possess all of the same traits as Mount Eerie but is more emotionally evocative, more interesting musically, more ambitious, and overall just a better album.
That being said, I still think both are 10/10 albums

this ^^^

I really like both, but Mt. Eerie just has, imo, such an interesting composition and instrumentation. But oh well, opinions.

thats fair. Mount Eerie definitely has a tighter composition than The Glow, Pt 2 but to me the "accidental" aspect of The Glow, Pt 2 adds to its appeal

IIIIII TOOK A SHIIIIIIIIIT IN THE YARD
NOONE SAW THAT THE POO FROM MY ASSHOLE WAS FLOWWWINN
NOW ITS NOT
MY PANTS ARE ON
IVE WIPE MY BUM
THE FOOD IS GONE
MYYY AAAAACCCHHIIINGG ASSSHOLE HURTS
10/10

I love it and agree with you

I just wish phil's new music was less sad poetry and more actual composition

have you heard the new song? its not like old phil but it definitely a step in the right direction

He'll get back on track. Right now he's in sad poetry phase for obvious reasons

The Mr. Mom vocals are a deal breaker for me. I like everything else about it though

fuck youuuuuuu

dudes wife died the fuck do you expect

>The Mr. Mom vocals
I don't know what this means but the vocals on the album are probably something that will have to grow on you, they are a strong aspect on the album for me

the "sad poetry" is a compositional element. the vocals on distortion fill up most of the song and are almost as disorienting as a stellar noise track. Crow also has some amazing musical moments, ive listened to it front to back prolly 1000 times and i still get chills and sigh a sigh of relief when the tempo picks up and the piano comes in on Toothbrush/Trash, its such an amazing though temporary release of tension

Distortion is so good

then why is the ending like 7 tracks one after another that sound like they were written by someone who just discovered folk music + foghorns + OOOH THIS TRACK IS REALLY LOUD SO IT'S GOOD

Well, you are correct and its also a masterpeice despite it. That's the thing that makes the album interesting.

it's ok i guess

I've never really got The Glow. I appreciate it's ambition, and I respect Phil as a talented and creative musician, but it's just an album that I want to listen to until I actually start listening to it, which is when it starts to feel like a chore.

Damn, well no one can force you to love it. It's your loss I guess

glow pt2 is the best album i still cry everrytime i listen to headless horseman im so lonely

Literally one of the greatest aspects of the record.

I'M SMALL
I'M NO PLANET AT ALL
I'M SMALL
I'M SMALLLLLLLLLL
WE'RE ALL

I'd say it's a solid 8.5/10. Not my favorite style of music, but I understand why someone would consider it a classic.

>I hope your flames don't grow
>I want to be buried in snow

I love Pet Sounds! But what's with the unrelated pic OP?

I feel Karajan did conduct the Berlin Philarmonic awesomenly

One of my favorite albums desu. Its in my top 5.
I was legitimately pissed off when I found out Lil Peep sampled Headless Horseman and pretty much just added percussion and shitty wigger rap over it.

IIIII WILLLL NOOOOOOT CONTAIN YOOOOU
I WON'T LOOOK FOR YOOU IN MYY ROOOOO.

I seriously can’t think if any better album openers than I Want Wind to Blow and the Glow pt 2, holy shit they are perfect

please make something remotely close to it

He also sampled something and I'll Not Contain you in other tunes. Whether you like Lil Peep's music or not (I personally don't) be happy that he is introducing a new generation of people to Phil's music

I thought I felt your shape but I was wrong
Really all I felt was falsely strong
I held on tight and closed my eyes
It was dumb I had no sense of your size

He's introducing a bunch of teenage stacies and I don't like it.

underrated song

>Through lengthy talks I'll not contain you
>Through climbing arms I'll reach my loft
>Through rotting skin I'll leave my coffin
>Through calloused work I will grow soft

i get infuriated when people say that the first two tracks are the only good ones, like the moon is fucking right after, and it's like one of my favorites. beautiful album tho