How much longer can the NFL run away from the CTE issue...

How much longer can the NFL run away from the CTE issue? Are parents with an IQ above 90 still enrolling their kids in football?

Its only a matter of time before it goes the way of boxing. Only the D, E level athletes will be performing while the best of the best go to safet sports.

And its not like American Football is paid well. They are the worst paid and least secure job of the major sports.

I expect Baseball to get a resurgence of African American athletes and the MLS might prosper from it too.

Lol but football is inherently dangerous lol just wear helmets :^)

I don't think they can keep skirting it for long. It'll still be the most popular league, but over time parents will push their kids to sports like baseball or basketball.

>The MLS
>The major league soccer

I did say possibly, who knows man. Eventually the reputation "soccer" has in America will improve.

Yeah but you're infinitely more likely to get a college scholarship playing football than the rest, which is an actual realistic, attainable goal.

fpbp

The Los Angeles Angles of Anaheim
>The The Angels Angels of Anaheim

What percentage of randomly selected NFL players has CTE? What percentage of basketball players? What percentage of the general population? The 95% that recently came out sounds impressive, but there's no context

if the mls had more money real athletes would stop caring about college, why go through 4 years of being unpaid when you can get a paid to be in the reserves

>Study was done on NFL players
>Bringing up basketball players

>95%
They overreach their hand and prove there's some bullshit involved by stating the number is that high.

My point is we don't know how those numbers relate to NFL players at large, other athletes, or the general population

It might've been true, but the players who donated their brains probably only did so because they had symptoms. It wasn't a random sample of NFL players

Maybe, the problem is that soccer generates about 3% what football does here. It's not even in the same stratosphere yet.

That or the parameters for what constitutes it aren't very high and they conflate CTE with severe brain damage to a gullible public. I don't know much about it but I know how to see through bullshit narratives and that definitely sounds off the alarm bells.

They just need to hurry up and put in a good pension plan when the next CBA talks happen. If it is good enough (and kicks in for all players sometime after retirement, although payout depends on length of service), then a lot of concerns go away. NFLPA is so damn weak because of the non-guaranteed contracts (will never change) and having fuckhuge rosters compared to all the other leagues mean there is a very, very low chance of extended strikes.

>not like American Football is paid well

compared to the nba or baseball he's correct

Something about this CTE stuff really rubs me the wrong way. I feel like this is going to be pushed really hard and get debunked in 3-5 years, but by then the reputation will already be established.
>ridiculously high data
>no comparison to general population
>no comparison to other sports
>no comparison to other injuries
>no differing levels of intensity within the disease

The nfl doesn't have the high volume of games which other sports have. Less games==less $.

>Are parents with an IQ above 90 still enrolling their kids in football?

pretty sure the US still have shitloads of millions parents with an IQ under 90

As far as I know, there's no data on NBA or MLB players and CTE

Its mainly a Fake News, liberal propaganda issue to hurt the NFL.

Using bias studies from some players that mainly played decades ago. Decades ago.

Almost everything to do with player safety and health has been adressed with numerous rule changes and numerous NEW protocols.

>debunked in 3-5 years
I'm no scientist but I feel like the idea that getting your head rammed an infinite number of times over decades by 300lb turbo niggas causes brain damage is pretty legit.

You're honestly retarded if you think NBA or MLB players get CTE at a rate anywhere close to NFL players.

Yes, the idea that people like pic related slamming into your head at high speeds repeatedly every weekend might cause brain damage is just liberal propaganda.

>Almost everything to do with player safety and health has been adressed with numerous rule changes and numerous NEW protocols.

But players are faster and stronger now than they were before those rules were implemented. Any safety regulations are dramatically offset by this fact.

NFL is still by far the most profitable sport in the US, and would be in the world if soccer wasn't liked by everyone who can't afford anything but a round object.

NFL = players get less % of the revenue as per the agreement, and the have way more players per team (60 compared to NBA 13)

American football is paid terrible relative to its insane revenue. The NBA makes half as much money, but the average NBA player makes three times as much as the average NFL player. The NFL player's union is retarded and can't bargain. Maybe it's because they've all been sustaining major brain damage for a decade.

Stick to ping pong then my niggas.

Almost every Job has stress, or specific job related health issues.

There are jobs that have highest suicide rates, highest cancer rates, high lung problems rates, highest heart disease rates.

These athletes, like employees know every job has risks. And they get compensated extremely high for any risk.

Boxers know this. MMA fighters know this. Race car drivers, firemen, cops, alaskan fishermen, etc Etc for all life and most jobs.

Liberals think the world is a disney movie. Nobody forces any athlete or person to take most jobs.

>reddit spacing
>equates the NFL with office job stress
Fucking leafs.

Then why are so many former playes killing themselves? Why have Sapp, Favre, and Lewis (to name a few) talked about having severe memory loss? You're insane to think using your head as a battering ram isn't catastrophic to your brain.

As long as the NFL is offering multi-million dollar contracts, and hundreds of thousands of dollars to fucking second stringers, there'll be no shortage of hoodrats trying to make it in.
Worst case for the NFL, the pool of players shrinks and they raise the salary cap for all teams so they can pay more.

>Then why are so many former playes killing themselves?

what are suicide rates of nfl players compared to society as a whole?

hey retards, heading in SAWKER is worse than American Football collisions. It's just a propaganda to promote fag football (sawker) and to make men less masculine by trying to get rid of football. Notice most ex-football players are completely fine and intelligent and not punk drunk like boxers or braindead like the David Beckhams of the world?

FOOTBALL WILL NOT DIE YUROKEKS

Actially much lower. But dont tell facts to retards that are only brainwashed by Anti-American and anti NFL fake news propaganda.

CTE is a fucking meme. It's really obviously just one more vector of attack the globalist-types are using to try and kill the most masculine, emblematic sport America has. The fuckers would probably love a world where all anybody plays is soccer.

If you're a billionaire, you can buy marketing for anything.

Yeah, those come from factory-type jobs where they work with hazardous materials and aren't up to code. Most jobs don't have ridiculously higher percentages of those things. Even a mowed lawn has a highest blade. But a tree? That's a fucking problem.

Those same fuckers also wanted a world where every kid didn't work in a coal mine for 16 hours a day. Scumbags, really.

From the point of view of a professionnal sports player, isn't NFL the worst career possible in the USA?
Short career, high risk of injury, threat of permanent brain damage, no guaranteed contract, etc.
And afaik they don't have good pensions
Plus with the massive rosters, most players are literal nobodies and don't get any recognition, while 2 or 3 players get all the glory
Basketball and baseball (highest wages, long careers, low risk of injury) are imo way better choices for an American athlete. You'll add "soccer" to this, now that MLS is getting traction

I don't know why Sup Forums is angry at the CTE thing, NFL has become a black mans's sport, bringing it down is bringing the blacks down, if anything they should be supporting it and advocating for it's end.

> b-but this and that player are whites!

Vanilla drops in a chocolate river

>Plus with the massive rosters, most players are literal nobodies and don't get any recognition, while 2 or 3 players get all the glory
actually, with all the positions and specialization that go into football, i think it's the opposite. a lot of players on each team are popular with the fans, generally speaking at least. everything else you said is pretty much objectively true, though

This is true but in Basketball there's only like 450 players in the league. The pool is very small and you have very little chance of making it. Baseball is also small in the sense that most people who aren't great end up getting stuck in the minor leagues for decades making money only slightly better than minimum wage.

On the flip side you can always make a decent enough living playing baseball or basketball in another country with very little threat of permanent brain damage. Whereas in the NFL the risk is much higher for horrible injuries and there are very few leagues you can play in if the NFL doesn't work out.

But football is more of an "everyman's" sport. In the NFL basically anyone of any body type can find a position to play if they're athletic enough, while basketball is nearly impossible to go pro in if you're under 6'0. Baseball similarly requires a lot of hand eye coordination and being a pitcher requires very particular skill set.

>You'll add "soccer" to this, now that MLS is getting traction
People aren't that aware of this, but a lot of people who played footy in their youth quit over knee injuries. I've spent my entire life playing with sports and being around other athletes, and the majority of football players I know had a knee injury that required surgery. Still way better than having to visit a speech therapist at the age of 35 and getting dementia in your 50s

Playing football is worth it just for the free college degree. Most of the players would never get anywhere near a college on academic merit. I can't believe the level of retard on Last Chance U

What is the point of a college degree if it's all for show and almost a mockery?

Everyone knows most football players are as dumb as potatoes and don't go to class, and end up majoring in easy shit like "general studies" anyway. I'm pretty sure their degrees are worthless.

You are infinitely more likely to get a college scholarship by getting a B average and 60 percentile SAT scores as a black boy. Also not getting arrested.

Stop posting Goodell no one likes you

>I don't know much about it so the studies are probably BS
With a thought process like this you're perfectly set for a career in boxing or the NFL, my friend

At the end of the day most of them graduate and have a degree. They will at least get opportunities for a career. Without football many would drop out of highschool and be lucky to pick a dead end job.

nobody makes you enroll your wifes son into football achmed

53 man roster + practice squad
15 man roster
> hmmmmm

NFL boasts being the "most profitable" league EVER
meanwhile its players are paid the less, compared to other major leagues, even Premier League

Soon...

CTE is such a stupidly overblown issue. It is a real problem for pro athletes that make millions of dollars, but this whole idea that parents should pull their kids out of football to protect them from complications later in life is fucking stupid. Of all high school athletes, maybe 3% are good enough to go on to play D1 CFB, and less than 1% of that 3% go on to play pro football. The vastly overwhelming majority of kids (>99.9%) playing football in youth sports and high school are not good enough to play long enough to develop CTE. Completely overblown boogey-man bullshit.

>table tennis
fucking chinks

Don't hurt yourself switching your arguments too fast now.

>RBs are the only position with a huge dropoff once someone hits 30
>everyone in baseball falls off once they hit 30 (Cargo, Donaldson, Miggy, Felix, etc.)
really makes you think

Maybe RBs will just retire sooner. You don't need more than 2 seasons to guarantee a good life.

>Parents with an iq over 90
You know the nfl is mainly black right?

t. roger kikedell

>RBs are the only position with a huge dropoff once someone hits 30
>

Also Miggy was doing great before this year

>Baseball will be 20% black again in a few years

Which sport are you going to migrate, lads? I'm /hockey/ here.

good goy, protect the rich. you'd be a good lobbyist

hi roger

in any other position you can find plenty of examples of guys who are still productive in their early-mid 30s.

>guys over 40 have memory issues.

Holy shit! Stop everything!
And Favre had such severe substance abuse issues, he's lucky he has any memories left at all.

>remove helmets
Problem solved.

There isn't enough known about CTE to draw any real conclusions and Dr's can't even tell if you have it until the dissect your brain.

There's no study on CTE rates among active or former NFL players.

There's no study on the CTE rates of football vs other contact and Jones contact sports

There's no study on CTE in the general population

At this point it's just a massive smear campaign against the NFL and its going nowhere. There isn't a huge rush of players retiring early because of it, there's literally nothing.

I played high school football and hitting or getting hit literally blacks you out for half a second. You get the worst headaches but the blacking out is kinda fun. U see literally see stars and shit

High IQ
Football
Pick 1

Even Fitzpatrick is terrible.
All you need is some average, mart Ryan types for QB.